Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 03:29 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,348,841 times

Advertisements

Did they bomb any abortion clinics along the way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 03:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,084,911 times
It's a pretty good bet that the vast majority of people at the march voted for Trump. Trump has made money for years selling items made in China. As have his wife and daughter. China has a FORCED ABORTION policy. That family makes money by using workers who could be FORCED to have an abortion.

Pence, who makes a pretty big deal about being a Christian, had ZERO problems being the running mate of a man who makes money using Chinese laborers who could be FORCED to have an abortion.

Now then....who's going to raise their hands and say they are pro-life and happily voted for a guy who uses people subject to forced abortions so he can make lots and lots of money? Raise 'em high. Let's see who the hypocrites are. Tell us why Chinese women and their pregnancies don't matter. Then you can tell us how much Chinese-made junk you buy at Hobby Lobby.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-27-2017 at 03:40 PM..

Old 01-27-2017, 03:31 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,033,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
All adults but not all grownups apparently.

I'm sick of people not being responsible for themselves especially when it affects others.
Not carrying a child to term when you know you are not able to support it or care for it is being responsible. Or do you feel having the child and then expecting the government to support it is being more responsible?

Old 01-27-2017, 03:32 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,765,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Man, the media is gonna crap all over this one and probably won't even report on it.
They always under-report or ignore anything outside their talking points. MSM is no longer the keepers of the truth, having become the propaganda arm of the Progressive Democrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Not carrying a child to term when you know you are not able to support it or care for it is being responsible. Or do you feel having the child and then expecting the government to support it is being more responsible?
Responsible would be having safe sex and not getting pregnant in the first place. Both of the alternatives you list are highly irresponsible, but one is the worst of choices.

Progressives expect the government to handle everything in their lives, so you are displaying selective outrage.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
They always under-report or ignore anything outside their talking points. MSM is no longer the keepers of the truth, having become the propaganda arm of the Progressive Democrats.
Yeah, all of those live cams from the mall were lying when they showed small crowds. Damn, even the live cams have a liberal bias now!

Old 01-27-2017, 03:36 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,560,490 times
When my oldest daughter, who had just moved out on her own, got pregnant at age 19, she was not on my insurance due to several factors. She immediately ruled out abortion as an option, and was for awhile considering adoption as an alternative. She signed up with a prenatal program offered by a local private hospital (which happens to be a Catholic hospital). Her prenatal care, which became complicated, was free. When she was admitted to have the baby, she was in a private room and received the best of care, also at little or no cost to her.

A few years later, she married a great guy, who adopted her daughter, and later they also both adopted my oldest grandson, from an adoption agency.

She and her husband and my parents and myself - we were all donating generously every month to her "adoption fund" because it's expensive to adopt (don't get me started on that - that's a whole other issue). We had a great financial plan but guess what - she and her husband got "the baby call" ten months earlier than expected! Long story short, they were short a few thousand dollars for expenses. I placed one phone call to the Abba Fund, and they called my daughter and got her checking account info. By the next morning, there was a huge donation in her checking account, making up every bit of the difference in costs, and she and her husband were able to move forward with adopting my grandson. WOOHOOOOO!!!!

ABBA Fund - Adoption Assistance for Christian Families

This was all about eight years ago. I am pleased to say that their entire family is doing GREAT. Both adopted kids are doing very well, and they've been joined by two more kids. My son in law works in the medical profession and my daughter is lucky enough to be able to stay home with the kids, which is what she prefers to do.

I just wanted to share this story for some perspective. Unplanned pregnancies are not always the tragedy people think they are. Of course it often seems that way at first - I cried for about four straight days when my beautiful, honor student daughter told me she was pregnant - and that the father was someone I certainly didn't want her to marry! It seemed hopeless, but in the end, her life has become a beautiful story greatly enriched by two unplanned and very inconvenient pregnancies.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Responsible would be having safe sex and not getting pregnant in the first place. Both of the alternatives you list are highly irresponsible, but one is the worst of choices.

Progressives expect the government to handle everything in their lives, so you are displaying selective outrage.
Yes, I know, in steven_h's perfect little world birth control is available for all and it never, ever fails. What is it like living in fantasyland, steven?

Old 01-27-2017, 03:42 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,765,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yeah, all of those live cams from the mall were lying when they showed small crowds. Damn, even the live cams have a liberal bias now!
Nice response... when you have nothing to actually say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's a pretty good bet that the vast majority of people at the march voted for Trump. Trump has made money for years selling items made in China. As have his wife and daughter. China has a FORCED ABORTION policy. That family makes money by using workers who could be FORCED to have an abortion.

Pence, who makes a pretty big deal about being a Christian, had ZERO problems being the running mate of a man who makes money using Chinese laborers who could be FORCED to have an abortion.

Now then....whose going to raise their hands and say they are pro-life and happily voted for a guy who uses people subject to forced abortions so he can make lots and lots of money? Raise 'em high. Let's see who the hypocrites are. Tell us why Chinese women and their pregnancies don't matter. Then you can tell us how much Chinese-made junk you buy at Hobby Lobby.
Wow... so, I guess we should stop all trade with China. I'll bet you're a fan of Apple, Nike, Samsung...etc. More selective outrage.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Nice response... when you have nothing to actually say.
You were whining that the MSM would under report the numbers of the march. But we watched the live cams right here on C-D all afternoon and we all SAW the tiny little turnout for this event.

So whine away. Truth, as always, has a liberal bias. The live cams proved it.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:52 PM

51,616 posts, read 25,673,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Among above, can I opt out of subsidizing Big Oil? It pollutes the earth and I'm believer in Gaia, so I can object because it offends my sincerely-held belief. As does subsidies for BigAg and their inhumane treatment of animals.
Me too.

I believe it is wrong to wound our mother earth like we are doing with oil and my sincerely held believe is that we are nuts for doing it.

Also, BigAg subsidies put small farmers out of business and I think a lot of our cancer and other health problems are due to raising crops on chemicals rather than in good, composted earth. This is another sincerely held belief.

When we paid our taxes, we could each assign so much to this fund and so much to that.

Then the feds could look at how much they have in each account, and decide which projects they can afford to fund in each area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies