Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2017, 06:53 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You are IGNORING the FACTS of the matter.

EVERY president is the Chief Executor of the ENTIRE federal government.

Lower federal employees MUST accept him as their "BOSS"

If ANY company has people down the line saying things in public that was negative about the company or the head of the company they would be fired. PERIOD!

Many lower level bureaucrats have been under Obama and might agree with HIS policies.

NOW they are under a different "boss". Tow the "company line" or get out.
The United States government is not a company.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:58 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
Oooooo.. . Media blackout ....sounds so serious! Like "dossier"! I get chills saying it!

So I don't know if any of you peoeol actually WORO but if you do I guarantee your company also has a "media blackout" (ooo chills) that restrict you, your manager, and probably anyone outside of marketing or HR to speak to the media...

This S.O.P.

I don't. I don't even know how to WORO.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:01 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Not only that but civil servants don't take a personal loyalty oath to the president. The oath of office is about loyalty to the Constitution and the people of this country.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:

What a gross distortion of the truth.

B.S. and has been stated so in this thread.
Not really.

People directly involved, as some articles linked to in this thread show, say otherwise. So you can state whatever you want here because you support trump, but that doesn't make you right. I'm more incolined to believe the people at the EPA saying what's happening.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
"So when wikileaks was doing it"

Doing what other then revealing how corrupt the dem party is.

It has been pointed out how the dems keep harping on wilileaks and NEVER talk about the content of the emails.

Do you want to talk about the content?

If you have anything else, please post it.
I had no problem talking about the content of those emails during the election. I was not a Hillary supporter (nor am I a trump supporter) and I'm not a member of any political party.

Wikileaks was revealing government information that was not intended to be public. And information that is more sensitive where national security is concerned than what some NPS employees posted on twitter about climate change.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:17 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Not only that but civil servants don't take a personal loyalty oath to the president. The oath of office is about loyalty to the Constitution and the people of this country.
The bolded is false. There is no mention of people of this country in the oath you are referencing.

Its all about the Constitution. The Constitution confers power over the Executive Branch to the President as has already been mentioned.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:19 AM

516 posts, read 429,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Your right it's not. However, it's finances should be managed like a business.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzmark View Post
Your right it's not. However, it's finances should be managed like a business.
Why? Its purpose is to provide certain services to every citizen equally, not to make a profit. It's the exact opposite of a business.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:37 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Default More FAKE NEWS

Looks like this is another case of FAKE NEWS -

Veteran Federal Workers Fire Back At ‘Overblown’ Media Reports Of A Trump Gag Order |Daily Caller & New York Times 1/25/17

Veteran federal employees criticized the “overblown” reaction by activists and media outlets to the Trump administration ordering federal agencies to temporarily halt putting out official communications.

But veteran federal employees disagreed. Those who spoke to the New York Times said the Trump administration acted no differently than the Obama administration did when taking over the reins of government in 2009.

NYT reports:

“I’ve lived through many transitions, and I don’t think this is a story,” an unnamed senior EPA employee told NYT. “I don’t think it’s fair to call it a gag order.”

“This is standard practice,” the employee said. “And the move with regard to the grants, when a new administration comes in, you run things by them before you update the website.

The articles go on to show how the media distorted information, relied on rogue Anti-Trump employees/ex-employees and just false information.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:55 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
Oooooo.. . Media blackout ....sounds so serious! Like "dossier"! I get chills saying it!

So I don't know if any of you peoeol actually WORO but if you do I guarantee your company also has a "media blackout" (ooo chills) that restrict you, your manager, and probably anyone outside of marketing or HR to speak to the media...

This S.O.P.
Here is what you are forgetting. The POTUS and the agencies that he directs work for ME. They are paid by MY TAXES and they are there to serve MY needs. Every bit of information, every discussion, every document should be available for ME and all American citizens to review at all times. Only exception would be in cases of vital security concerns. This is not like a private corporation, which can make any rules they want. I expect transparency - and before you go there, EVERY Administration has tried to make it more and more difficult for the citizens to be able to have visibility into these agencies - but it appears that Trump will take it to a new level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies