Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 05:22 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I think you have to read up on when america was great (50's-80's) and how that went for Latin American countries.
That don't fly, sorry.

Poland was torn to pieces since WW 2 and; it's probably doing better than ANY LatAm country in 2017. NO LatAm country has any kind of real "war" since 100 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 05:23 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,362,874 times
Where to even begin

Old 01-24-2017, 05:23 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,091,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
I am as privileged as havin the guts to discipline myself to end my Chemical Engineering Career and Masters in Science degree Tuittion free. The unprivileged ones are mostly people who dismissed the value of education and even when University is for Free, they decided to stop studying and star working and doing some money, they mostly are undisciplined people. the very very por one in México are the farmers of the countryside. tand yet they are not starving.

By the way there are far more homeless in USA than in Mexico, and for your surprice they don't look like mexicans.
There wouldn't be anymore jobs for those with an education in Mexico, than there are here in the states. Be glad that your countryman don't choose to get educated, it makes your education worth something.

We do in fact have a problem with homelessness in the US, it is largely due to the leadership selling out the American people with economic policies, and bad trade deals.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:25 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
There wouldn't be anymore jobs for those with an education in Mexico, than there are here in the states. Be glad that your countryman don't choose to get educated, it makes your education worth something.

We do in fact have a problem with homelessness in the US, it is largely due to the leadership selling out the American people with economic policies, and bad trade deals.

For your surprice here in Mexico we also know to read patents and to copy them.

About homelessness in USA, stop squealing, Mexicans working there are the least of all ethnicities reported as homeless, the Core issue about homelessness is the Fake American Culture of Losers and Winners, where nobody is friend of losers and they get rejected even by their relatives. to the point of falling into homelessness if one of My relatives falls int Homelessness I couldn't have the face to pray to God to Help Me if I do nothing for my relative. That is why Mexicans support most of their relatives who have fallen into disgrace and extreme poverty.

Last edited by Alonso_Castillo; 01-24-2017 at 05:33 PM..

Old 01-24-2017, 05:35 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,843,220 times
Quote:
Let us put it Clear it is not MExico Ending NAFTA it is Trump. So Let the killer do the dirty job. if someone is going to be charged with The Bigotry, Strategical Maddness and stupidity that has to be the People of USA which Voted that dumb as POTUS.
For someone who brags about how well Mexico will be if it leaves NAFTA... You seem upset about Trump forcing Mexico to give the US a better deal or leave...

Old 01-24-2017, 05:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
All trade agreements will be individual on a fair basis. Not consolidated, like NAFTA and the TPP.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:57 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The US does not need Mexico for "NAFTA". Canada is a more important trading partner and does not employ slave wage labor workers.

NAFTA has KILLED US manufacturing and has had very marginal benefits for US ag. Rescind NAFTA and re-negotiate with Canada.

"Fair trade" does not involve trade deals with nations which use employees paid slave labor wages, which essentially undercut US wages, but "fair trade" with partners who have benefits to offer the US as well as the negotiating nation.

China most favored nation trade status and NAFTA were deals ushered through by the Clintons (although not their ideas) which sold US manufacturing and the middle class to the highest bidder.

It is a breath of fresh air to have a US President who actually cares about the middle class, wages, and the economic health of the nation. The dems may have died in the last election, as they were exposed as globalists who did nothing for the US middle class (although they could have done so very easily) and favored illegals, freaks, and Muslims.

Trump is dealing a death blow to the democrat party and their efforts to destroy the US middle class. Even the labor unions are supportive of Trump now,as they realize they have a POTUS who will actually help US union workers and will not sell them up the river for a few pieces of silver to other nations.

mmmm. You hit on the question that was vexing me there. That being....What exactly does Mexico produce, on a completely domestic basis, meaning owned, funded, staffed etc, that is exported and in demand? 100% Mexican owned and operated. What innovative products have been R&D and put into production in Mexico by Mexican companies? From what I can see, their main domestic "products" are cheap labor, not having to deal with environmental and labor laws and a host of other issues that companies who have their facilities in the US have to deal with.

"Made in Mexico" actually means "Assembled in Mexico". About the only thing I can bring to mind that goes from raw material to finished product, ready for export, under 100% Mexican funding and oversight, are cocaine and heroin. Other than that, it is foreign companies setting up shop, paying the Mexican government for access to space and labor. Labor that is paid next to nothing compared to what US workers would be, has no benefits, and has it's wages taxed by the Mexican government, which does, in fact, make it no better than a slave force.

Again, what does Mexico produce under it's own auspices that is in demand for export to other countries, other than drugs? I don't see Mexico even making a limp attempt at being what could even be loosely labeled a "trading partner". The Chinese aren't much better but they do at least design and produce their own goods from raw material to finish, entirely on their own. Mexico is really less than insignificant in that regard. Their wealthy class has garnered that wealth by parasitical "business" practices, that have required very little investment overall, for big returns. US companies have no issue utilizing Mexicos "resources" in regards to manufacturing, enabling them to put there products to market at considerably less cost than utilizing labor and facilities here. It truly is far past time to blow the lid off of all that.

US companies need to quit selling raw materials, such as lumber and minerals, to foreign interests, who mill and refine it and sell it back to us, and get OUR people back to work turning our raw resources into material and building products here. Asia wants lumber? Fine, they buy it finished, not in raw logs. Same with metals. Steel, aluminum and such. Mexico can just get busy and start producing on its own. And Made in USA will mean Made in USA again. Start to finish.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
For your surprice here in Mexico we also know to read patents and to copy them.

About homelessness in USA, stop squealing, Mexicans working there are the least of all ethnicities reported as homeless, the Core issue about homelessness is the Fake American Culture of Losers and Winners, where nobody is friend of losers and they get rejected even by their relatives. to the point of falling into homelessness if one of My relatives falls int Homelessness I couldn't have the face to pray to God to Help Me if I do nothing for my relative. That is why Mexicans support most of their relatives who have fallen into disgrace and extreme poverty.
How long with Mexico be able to say that when your country will NEED to take back its citizens here in the US illegally? That'd be about about 5 million more people.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:40 PM

35,663 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Does this not include Canada? And the pipe line deal ?

Old 01-25-2017, 07:12 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
How long with Mexico be able to say that when your country will NEED to take back its citizens here in the US illegally? That'd be about about 5 million more people.
Oh please challeng yourself and send them back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies