Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2017, 11:03 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,586,399 times

Advertisements

1. Ronald Reagan
big drop
2. George H.W. Bush
MASSIVE drop
3. Bill Clinton
4. Ford
Massive drop
5. George W. Bush
6. Barack Hussein Obama
7. Nixon
8. Donald Trump
9. Carter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 11:17 AM

24,396 posts, read 23,050,809 times
Ronald Reagan
big drop
Gerald Ford
Donald Trump
big drop
Richard Nixon
Lyndon Johnson
George HW Bush
Duhbya Bush
Jimmy Carter
MASSIVE DROP
Barack Obama
HUGE DROP
Bill Clinton
Not that this was necessarily solely based on their policies but also personal character and affiliations and illegal activities.
Hillary would have been so far down she wouldn't have been acknowledged.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:23 AM

628 posts, read 695,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
1. I'm an old man.

2. George Washington was a ***** who did nothing and was a complete failure. Trump could kick his ass

HUH??????: confused:

Old 05-17-2017, 11:31 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,163,063 times
1. Bill Clinton (massive prosperity during his time in office)
2. LBJ (Vietnam sucked but he gave us Medicare and Civil Rights Act)
3. JFK (inspired the Apollo program)
4. Obama (job well done for turning the economy around)
5. Reagan (disagreed with him often but he was a gifted leader)
6. Bush Senior (last Republican with integrity)
7. Carter (very high ethics, a good man, done in by inflation, not his fault really)
8. Ford (excelled in mediocrity)
9. Nixon (Watergate, yes, but no one got hurt)
10. George Bush (Lied to us about Iraq, US soldiers died needlessly, tanked the economy)
11. Donald J. Trump (worst train wreck of a president ever)

Old 05-17-2017, 11:36 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo
1 Ike
2 Truman
3 JFK
4 Reagan
5 Obama
6 LBJ
7 Clinton
8 Bush 41
9 Nixon
10 Ford
11 Carter
12 Bush 43
13 tRump
interesting list. ous is similar except that truman would not be on my list.

mine would be more like this;

1: eisenhower
2: reagan
3: JFK
4: clinton
5: bush43
6: bush41
7: nixon
8: LBJ
9: obama
10: ford
11: carter

i wont rate trump at this point since he doesnt have much time in office as yet, and his policies have not really taken effect to any great degree at this point. we shall see in about a year how trump is doing.

however if forced to rate trump at this point, i would put him between bush41 and bush43 at this point.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:39 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,441,359 times
Donald Trump so far has done almost nothing. He's loved for his persona not for his actions, something which the right repeatedly criticized Obama for.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:41 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,114,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
1. Bill Clinton (massive prosperity during his time in office)
2. LBJ (Vietnam sucked but he gave us Medicare and Civil Rights Act)
3. JFK (inspired the Apollo program)
4. Obama (job well done for turning the economy around)
5. Reagan (disagreed with him often but he was a gifted leader)
6. Bush Senior (last Republican with integrity)
7. Carter (very high ethics, a good man, done in by inflation, not his fault really)
8. Ford (excelled in mediocrity)
9. Nixon (Watergate, yes, but no one got hurt)
10. George Bush (Lied to us about Iraq, US soldiers died needlessly, tanked the economy)
11. Donald J. Trump (worst train wreck of a president ever)
Can't improve this list, even though Reagan's executive order cost m the best job I ever had. Actually, it cost 1800 factory jobs where I was working.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:32 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times
Nixon was president when I was born. I wont rate top to bottom... but

Reagan was the only one above the mediocre line.
GHWB and WBJC and GWB would be the only ones between that and bad...
that would leave
Nixon Ford and Carter below the bad line.

I wont rate BHO or Trump. that's just dumb nowhere near enough time has past to consider either of them in a meaningful way.

those of you doing so simply do not care about History as a discipline.

Old 05-15-2023, 06:03 PM

35,034 posts, read 16,978,303 times
This is an old thread but it is in the "right place" for my current vote. I would say Joe Biden has to be in the top five or top ten.

Old 05-15-2023, 11:18 PM

17,558 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
In my lifetime:

1) Eisenhower
2) Trump (so far)
3) Reagan
4) Nixon
5) Ford
6) G.H.W. Bush
7) G. W. Bush
8) L.B.J.
9) J.F.K.
10) Carter
11) Clinton
3,156,889,555,846,296,692,692,609,692) Obama

Eisenhower kept us out of wars like Korea and Vietnam, booted out the illegals, and presided over a prosperous time where a husband could support a wife and family on one income and have a secure career for life. He also built up the military and our nuclear weapons arsenal to face down the Soviet Union.

Trump will keep us out of pointless wars like Korea and Vietnam, boot out the illegals, stop other countries from taking our jobs, and put an end to political correctness.

Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Union with an arms race that they couldn't win. He inherited the worst economy in my lifetime -- double-digit unemployment, interest and inflation rates -- and turned it around, launching 25 years of growth and prosperity. He scared Iran so much that they released American hostages the very day he took office. He made one big mistake -- giving amnesty to illegals.

Nixon got us out of the Vietnam War that was started by Kennedy and carried on by L.B.J. He weakened the Soviet Union by making overtures to China. He ended the draft, leading to the first generations of snowflakes.

Ford did an okay job with what he had. A nice and decent man.

G.H.W. Bush got us into the first Iraq war, but was smart enough not to try to occupy the country.

G.W. Bush presided over a booming economy, but failed to recognize that Clinton had sabotaged it by having his HUD Secretary order Fannie and Freddy to buy $2.4 trillion in sub-prime loans over a 10 year period staring in 1999. He didn't bash his critics when he should have. He was the victim of bad intel on WMDs, and had no choice but to follow the dictum "better safe than sorry."

L.B.J. inherited Kennedy's Vietnam mess and didn't dare to get rid of Kennedy's advisers (like McNamara) who created that mess to begin with. He was between a rock and a hard place. You couldn't go up against the Kennedy legacy without being regarded as the equivalent of a baby rapist. He created the modern welfare state, which has been a failure. But he also created Medicare, which has been a success.

J.F.K. might have been a good president, although he would have had to pull our troops out of Vietnam -- and it's unlikely he would have done that. He cut taxes, which was good, stimulating growth in the economy. He green lighted the failed Bay of Pigs invasion, and then had to undergo the humiliation of having to pull American missiles out of Turkey in order to get Nikita Khruschev to pull Soviet missiles out of Cuba. The Cuban missile crisis brought us right to the edge of WW III.

Carter didn't know what to do when the economy went south and Iran sacked the U.S. embassy in Tehran, holding Americans hostage for over a year.

Clinton was forced by the Republicans, led by Newt Gingrich, to balance the budget. He enjoyed the economic prosperity started by Reagan. On the other hand, he allowed China to get 80% of our nuclear secrets and set the stage both for 9/11 and the housing crisis that destroyed Bush's presidency.

Obama was a lying con artist who convinced Americans that he was a good guy when in fact he was an anti-American friend of terrorists, a Muslim, a racist (against whites), a communist, and -- did I say it? -- a friend of terrorists like Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn. He succeeded in dividing the country into warring factions and gave us Trump. For which I thank him.

This sums it up for me also (with a few changes)

1 Truman inherited the atomic bombs. He knew absolutely zero about the Manhattan Project because Roosevelt didn't trust him. With that in mind, he had the balls to drop the two bombs ending WWll and saving hundreds of thousand allies and even more Japanese

2) Ike moves to 2nd

3) Reagan V

4) Trump V

5) GHW Bush moves up to 5 V

6) Clinton to 6 V

7) GW Bush V

8) Ford Should have had another term but the pardon of Nixon killed that idea (It was the absolutely RIGHT thing to do. NO President should ever go to jail) I probably could move him to 7th but I'll stick with 8th V

9) JFK might have been higher if he lived longer. The Cuban Missile Crisis proved that he had the guts for the job. Not old enough to Vote for him. I was in college and he would have gotten my vote

10) Nixon down to 10 Great statesman (better ex-President than President) V

11) Carter would be last if it wasn't for Brandon and obuma

12-13) obuma and Brandon tied for worst Presidents in US history. They are destroying our country (obuma is still pulling the strings IMHO)

Side note: I can't believe that I have been alive for 13 Presidents of the USA. ( was born shortly after Harry S Truman became President!)

Looks like I voted for almost every President in my lifetime

Last edited by mike1003; 05-15-2023 at 11:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies