Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 10:33 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times

Advertisements

My sister and her daughters marched in their state. They are about as pro-life as it gets. The thing is that Trump is such a vulgar, vile, piece of dirt on so many levels that people can find many things to march about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 10:36 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,273,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I don't know anyone who is proud of or celebrates abortion...
I can believe you don't, but you should believe that they do exist. Times are a-changin. There have been a number of instances on Tumblr I've seen (linked from other places that I follow) where somebody has posted something like "looks like I'll be getting my abortion cherry popped soon " and friends and followers chime in with things like "so proud of you" or "you go girl!" or "bout time " or "yay, now you're one of us" or the like.

I'm not even against early detected abortion, even remotely, I'm just saying. One of my ex's favorite t-shirts reads "I Support Stem Cell Research, But Only as a By-Product of my Support for Killing Babies."

Old 01-25-2017, 10:36 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
i dont begrudge modern american women their special rights and privileges but agree they are far, far, far from oppressed.
I agree.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
My sister and her daughters marched in their state. They are about as pro-life as it gets.
They are lucky that they didn't get kicked out like the pro-life organization was.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:38 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,010,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Millions of women know that the protest marches are all about abortion and 156 million women stayed away. If the protests weren’t all about abortion, the march organizers would not have kicked out the Pro-Life organization.

Women in the USA today are the most privileged group of people ever to walk the face of the earth. They have more rights, privileges, and resources than any other group on earth. Just look at how many rights they have here in the USA that men do not have;

1. Women can kill their unwanted children. Men cannot.
2. Women are exempt from registering for the draft. Men are not.
3. Women can decide if they will have a baby. Men have no power to decide if their baby lives or dies.
4. Men are forced to support kids they don’t want. Women can choose to kill the unborn child ending their involvement.
5. Women control more wealth than men.
6. Women live longer than men.
7. Women work less at their jobs than men.
8. Women are favored over men in a divorce court.
9. Women can hit men. Men cannot hit women.
10. Women can get student financial aid without signing up for Selective Service. Men cannot.
11. Women can get employment with a federal agency without signing up for Selective Service. Men cannot.

So, what are these women marching for? It’s amazing how those who have the most privileges in life just want even more.

It’s embarrassing to see such privileged women complaining because they MIGHT lose their right to kill their unborn children when there are women all over the world who would gladly trade places with them. Women who are virtual slaves in the mid-east and would be killed immediately if they marched in protest. Women who have no access to education, or health care or even clean water.

So to the privileged women protesting last week, you are an embarrassment to this great country that has treated you so well.
1. mind your sperm and this wouldn't be an issue.
2. this can change.
3. mind your sperm, no problem.
4. mind your sperm, no unwanted child support.
5. get to work and build a better mouse trap.
6. get healthier
7. link?
7. not in all cases
8, again not in all cases
9. no they can't hit men they too can be arrested for domestic abuse.\
10 and 11. I would have to research to comment.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:39 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,531,096 times
apparently this poster has never heard of lena 'I wish I had an abortion' dunham, either.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
My sister and her daughters marched in their state. They are about as pro-life as it gets.
Why is the Women's March excluding pro-life women?

Women

Old 01-25-2017, 10:40 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,273,519 times
Relevant vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwbS92yWZ3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1-Vuj9-s3I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPihPrNseAo

Old 01-25-2017, 10:41 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,010,807 times
Quote:

a woman's opinion about abortion are as varied as the millions of women who marched, there were plenty woman who do not support abortion there, just as there were plenty who would never abort buy support another's right to choice.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:48 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,628 times
Quote:
Millions of women know that the protest marches are all about abortion and 156 million women stayed away. If the protests weren’t all about abortion, the march organizers would not have kicked out the Pro-Life organization.

Women in the USA today are the most privileged group of people ever to walk the face of the earth. They have more rights, privileges, and resources than any other group on earth. Just look at how many rights they have here in the USA that men do not have;

1. Women can kill their unwanted children. Men cannot.
2. Women are exempt from registering for the draft. Men are not.
3. Women can decide if they will have a baby. Men have no power to decide if their baby lives or dies.
4. Men are forced to support kids they don’t want. Women can choose to kill the unborn child ending their involvement.
5. Women control more wealth than men.
6. Women live longer than men.
7. Women work less at their jobs than men.
8. Women are favored over men in a divorce court.
9. Women can hit men. Men cannot hit women.
10. Women can get student financial aid without signing up for Selective Service. Men cannot.
11. Women can get employment with a federal agency without signing up for Selective Service. Men cannot.

So, what are these women marching for? It’s amazing how those who have the most privileges in life just want even more.

It’s embarrassing to see such privileged women complaining because they MIGHT lose their right to kill their unborn children when there are women all over the world who would gladly trade places with them. Women who are virtual slaves in the mid-east and would be killed immediately if they marched in protest. Women who have no access to education, or health care or even clean water.

So to the privileged women protesting last week, you are an embarrassment to this great country that has treated you so well.
1. This is not true. Women cannot kill their children, just as men cannot.
2. Indeed, though there is a push to change this that I'm sure you're aware of.
3. These two points aren't related. Men and women have equal say in if they will conceive a child assuming both sides are transparent in their intentions.
4. Again, unrelated. Most men are expected to pay child support for a child they didn't want. It's still their kid. It's 50% their fault. The courts are often excessively harsh to men in this regard, but the idea that they should have to pay for their kid is not unreasonably in the slightest.
5. Source for that?
6. Men are typically stronger. This means nothing and is a sign that you are probably under the age of 7 if you actually are using this to act like the world is unfair.
7. Source for that?
8. Indeed.
9. Untrue. Assault is universally illegal.
10. This is a repeat of point 2. Frankly, this isn't the first time you repeat yourself. You are aware that it is intellectually dishonest to treat a repeated point as a new point in order to make the list appear longer? Or do you not care?
11. same response as to point 10.

Rather or not women have more privileges is irrelevant. Privilege at this point is a vague and meaningless concept. Provide for me a concrete definition of what that looks like (concrete definition being entirely distinct from a handful of examples) then we can determine if what you're saying has any basis in reality. If you want my view on this, general overview is that rights are meaningless and instead, human progress should be measured in human capabilities, not rights. I'd be happy to elaborate on that if you think it's relevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies