Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 12:08 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So Trump's tweet proves that he cares about black people?

LMAO...beam me up Scotty.

Blacks vote and Republicans buy sneakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 12:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Tweets?
He's the President of the United States now.
He has power and he's using it.
To do what?

Old 01-25-2017, 12:15 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't think your post is trolling but Trump would be smart to keep his distance from BLM.

BLM started as a grass roots activist group that was trying to bring light to a real problem but they quickly devolved into a group that would rather spread hate and fear and use violence to get their message across. We could blame Obama for giving them an audience and legitimacy and we can also blame the usual race stirrer Al Sharpton. They both turned their backs on the black on black crime while charging in to condemn any cop/black teen shooting before the evidence was even collected.

What is crazy is how many people are challenging Trump on his concern about the killings in Chicago.
He is threatening to send in the Feds if it doesn't stop. His detractors are seeing this as the first step of a dictator to put martial law in place in a major city. Meanwhile on planet earth I'm sure the folks who live in these gang land neighborhoods would welcome a show of force and a round up of the thugs responsible for the shootings.

They cite that Police would violate civil rights.... Personally I would rather have my rights held up a bit than to catch a stray bullet from some gang turf war if I lived in a bad area.

Trump was so good during the campaign when he asked the Black voters "every 4 years the Dems come to you and ask for your vote then they disappear, what have they done for you?"

Seal the border, slow the drugs and lock up or deport anyone who uses a gun in the commission of crime. America would be a better place.
This.

If Trump gets behind BLM, he'll loose all the black people who support him currently.

Many black people don't want to be lumped in with BLM because, quite frankly, it's BS. I don't condone killing cops and going around acting stupid while being in a controlled little race group. No thank you.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:29 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't think your post is trolling but Trump would be smart to keep his distance from BLM.

BLM started as a grass roots activist group that was trying to bring light to a real problem but they quickly devolved into a group that would rather spread hate and fear and use violence to get their message across. We could blame Obama for giving them an audience and legitimacy and we can also blame the usual race stirrer Al Sharpton. They both turned their backs on the black on black crime while charging in to condemn any cop/black teen shooting before the evidence was even collected.

What is crazy is how many people are challenging Trump on his concern about the killings in Chicago.
He is threatening to send in the Feds if it doesn't stop. His detractors are seeing this as the first step of a dictator to put martial law in place in a major city. Meanwhile on planet earth I'm sure the folks who live in these gang land neighborhoods would welcome a show of force and a round up of the thugs responsible for the shootings.

They cite that Police would violate civil rights.... Personally I would rather have my rights held up a bit than to catch a stray bullet from some gang turf war if I lived in a bad area.

Trump was so good during the campaign when he asked the Black voters "every 4 years the Dems come to you and ask for your vote then they disappear, what have they done for you?"

Seal the border, slow the drugs and lock up or deport anyone who uses a gun in the commission of crime. America would be a better place.
I mentioned the roots of BLM - I forgot to mention that you are on target. Someone has to get a grip on things and the residents would probably be appreciative.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:38 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
To do what?
To do what he mentioned during the long campaign .
Make America Great Again .

Old 01-25-2017, 02:34 PM

772 posts, read 390,477 times
BLM is funded by Soros and used as soldiers in his activist army.

Let the Feds assist CPD in bringing these murderers who kill grandmothers and babies to justice!

Old 01-25-2017, 03:09 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,383 times
most white americans are killed by other white americans...why is Trump not focused on stopping white on white crime? Why is he so focused on banning muslims?

Old 01-25-2017, 03:28 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
most white americans are killed by other white americans...why is Trump not focused on stopping white on white crime? Why is he so focused on banning muslims?
Is there a city like Chicago where whites are shooting and killing other whites at a similar rate?
Please share

Also he wants to crack down on all crime . Chicago is an example of the worst in violent crime . Doesn't it make sense to start there?

Even people from Chicago call it Chiraq because of all the violence .. a play on Iraq

Unfortunately many Muslim countries have anti American views and hate Christians .
Just a reality . He says anyone coming in from those countries should be extremely vetted .

It's not a problem we created , it's a problem those countries created .
We need to put the safety of Americans first .
It's refreshing to see a President that gets this .

Old 01-25-2017, 04:25 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,446,664 times
No one should be surprised to hear this type of idea. Many have wondered about the idea of the military coming into urban black cities and putting it under curfew. Now we actually have a president who is not afraid to pull that trigger. All of you don't think Trump is dying to show up Obama in his own city? If he got to send the military in there to do it, he won't hesitate to get order there. Yet at the end of all this, sadly it's going to be nothing but hardcore gentrification.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:27 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Is there a city like Chicago where whites are shooting and killing other whites at a similar rate?
Please share

Also he wants to crack down on all crime . Chicago is an example of the worst in violent crime . Doesn't it make sense to start there?

Even people from Chicago call it Chiraq because of all the violence .. a play on Iraq

Unfortunately many Muslim countries have anti American views and hate Christians .
Just a reality . He says anyone coming in from those countries should be extremely vetted .

It's not a problem we created , it's a problem those countries created .
We need to put the safety of Americans first .
It's refreshing to see a President that gets this .
+80% of white americans are killed by other white americans...why isn't that priority #1? Why are you worried about muslims when the person that will most likely do hard to you lives in you neighborhood and looks just like you. Why don't you focus on getting your murder rate to 0% before worrying about others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies