Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 03:33 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,387,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Yes, Trump beat all the pervious presidents combined for getting things done in the shortest amount of time imaginable...just amazing!
Not bad for a guy with no political experience that never held public office .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 03:36 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,081,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
The mayor of LA, several other CA mayors and other CA elected officials have all come out and publicly defied federal immigration laws. I assume Trump told them all to say that?
That is right I saw 3 of them on TV last night. The Governor of CA and on down the line. All defiant as a drunk lord.

If it was at all possible Trump should send in the military and relieve the traitors of their jobs via federal charges. Put 'Mad Dog' in control of overseeing the cleanup. But in reality, I think L.A. is too far gone and already lost.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
That is right I saw 3 of them on TV last night. The Governor of CA and on down the line. All defiant as a drunk lord.

If it was at all possible Trump should send in the military and relieve the traitors of their jobs via federal charges. Put 'Mad Dog' in control of overseeing the cleanup. But in reality, I think L.A. is too far gone and already lost.
Yeah that would be nice . These politicians have shown they only care about remaining in power that is all .

Old 01-26-2017, 03:41 PM

4,625 posts, read 3,375,392 times
Quote:

Traitors? Putin's puppet identifying traitors. Oh yeah, that was good for a laugh.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:45 PM

4,625 posts, read 3,375,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatUnwashed View Post
Trump has no interest in deporting non-criminal illegals. So why don't the cities end this sanctuary city nonsense, turn over the law-breaking illegals, and it's a win-win for everybody?
In an interview on NPR LA's Mayor said the following:

NPR Interviewer: "Has your view changed at all as President-elect Trump's proposals have changed. He initially said on the campaign trail, I want to deport all 11 million or so people who were in the country illegally. More recently, he said, I just want to focus on people who are here who are criminals. He overstated that number. He said 2 or 3 million, but immigration experts say it's several hundred thousand people who actually, in some cases, have felony convictions. Do you have a problem with moving them out of the country?"

Garcetti: "No. I think that we have participated in much of that, even with the Obama administration. We should be focused on violent criminals that are in our midst. And I think no responsible mayor would ever say no to the deportation of folks who have committed violent crimes in their communities who come under our custody. That's something that we do today."

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/24/503236...ities-and-feds

Old 01-26-2017, 03:51 PM

223 posts, read 469,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
In an interview on NPR LA's Mayor said the following:

NPR Interviewer: "Has your view changed at all as President-elect Trump's proposals have changed. He initially said on the campaign trail, I want to deport all 11 million or so people who were in the country illegally. More recently, he said, I just want to focus on people who are here who are criminals. He overstated that number. He said 2 or 3 million, but immigration experts say it's several hundred thousand people who actually, in some cases, have felony convictions. Do you have a problem with moving them out of the country?"

Garcetti: "No. I think that we have participated in much of that, even with the Obama administration. We should be focused on violent criminals that are in our midst. And I think no responsible mayor would ever say no to the deportation of folks who have committed violent crimes in their communities who come under our custody. That's something that we do today."

Conflict Over Immigration Brews Between U.S. Cities And Feds : NPR
I would like to see all illegals deported but I know that isn't practical and/or fair for the anchor babies but I see another solution for this problem...

The steps I would take:

1) build wall or beef up border security.
2) Amnesty non-violent illegals.
3) With help of local authorities Deport violent illegals and repeat offenders of lesser crimes.
4) Remove sanctuary status of all cities. Any new illegal immigrants should be thrown out immediately for breaking immigration laws.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:52 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,806,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Traitors? Putin's puppet identifying traitors. Oh yeah, that was good for a laugh.
Putin is the liberals answer for everything now. Obama was the puppet of the entire EU, Mexico, and every terrorist country in the middle east and Africa. How did that work out?

Old 01-26-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Putin is the liberals answer for everything now. Obama was the puppet of the entire EU, Mexico, and every terrorist country in the middle east and Africa. How did that work out?
Putin thing has always been a distraction

Old 01-26-2017, 05:17 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,965,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Putin thing has always been a distraction
I don't trust Putin, but I also don't think fostering a hostile relationship with Russia is a good idea. When did the left become such Warhawks?

Old 01-26-2017, 05:36 PM

223 posts, read 469,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I don't trust Putin, but I also don't think fostering a hostile relationship with Russia is a good idea. When did the left become such Warhawks?
The whole Putin narrative was to shift the attention away from the DNC/Podesta Wikileaks and subsequent loss of the election. Instead of cleaning out the trash the dems are deflecting blame and moving on like business as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies