U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-08-2006, 02:40 AM
 
4,247 posts, read 9,173,481 times
Reputation: 1452

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Absolutely!!! I think the people that believe our government set this up does take away from what those innocent people and their families have gone through, not to mention the rest of the country. I had a friend that saw the second plane hit the tower, her nightmares come to her every night, the things she saw I couldnt even imagine.
How does my questioning what really happened take away from anything? Do you not think I empathize and feel for those who lost loved ones and those who lost their lives?

I am really tired of the implication that I am in some way unpatriotic or unfeeling just because I don't believe everything I am told, like some child.

No one is saying the planes didn't hit the towers. I question who was behind it.

Again, this country was founded on dissent and I am ashamed that Americans have become so lazy in their thinking and in their willingness to accept whatever suits their comfort, or way of looking at the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-08-2006, 02:41 AM
 
4,247 posts, read 9,173,481 times
Reputation: 1452
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
Yes they did so did Nick Berg and Cindy Sheehan, can you see a pattern?
And exactly what does this inane comment refer to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2006, 02:44 AM
 
4,247 posts, read 9,173,481 times
Reputation: 1452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
mb919...With all due respect, I know that it's extremely difficult to lose a family member and I do understand that the "Jersey Girls" were probably looking for anything that would give them answers. Unfortunately, I think some people saw this as a great opportunity to sway the public in an attempt to fuel the conspiracy theory.
Well, why don't you do yourself a favor and actually watch www.911pressfortruth.com wherein you can actually inform yourself of their concerns?

And to correct everyone here, there WAS a conspiracy. A group of people conspired to do the deal. It's only a matter of whose "theory" is correct.

And, just to be clear, this is the definition of conspiracy...

- a secret agreement between two or more people to perform an unlawful act
- a plot to carry out some harmful or illegal act (especially a political plot)
- a group of conspirators banded together to achieve some harmful or illegal purpose

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Yup, this is what happened.

eta: There is something about living in AZ. Even my BF, a native Arizonan and Bush voter, realizes that 911 was an inside job. I only add this because there are so many Arizonans that weigh in here. Somehow, it helps me stay here knowing that there is a Dr. Mike who brought Mike Malloy (who also believes as I do) back to radio and also my BF even sees the light. Thank God, or I wouldn't be with him.

Last edited by movin'on; 12-08-2006 at 03:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2006, 03:36 AM
 
Location: Navarre, Florida
327 posts, read 174,364 times
Reputation: 86
Movin'on...I've seen a lot of the conspiracy theory websites...so I am not just dismissing your point of view. Curiousity is my middle name. I question what our government would have to benefit from committing this sort of conspiracy. How do you know for an absolute fact that all of the things you've seen regarding this subject on the internet are infallible? I realize one cannot believe everything they see or hear...what makes these websites believable to you? Reliable witnesses (according to whom?) I hope you understand that there are probably just as many people who can testify to Al Quaeda being the mastermind of this tradgedy...what specifically guides you to believe the conspiracy theory...I'm pretty sure that you weren't involved, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2006, 07:00 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,720,342 times
Reputation: 2096
When someone comes to me with actual proof, not theroys or ideas by wanna bes or use to bes, then I will listen, anyone will say the steel was cut or it was a controlled demo. How? where is the actual proof?. There is prooft that terriorists did this, where is the actual proof the US set it up? Someone believes a missle hit the pentagon, yet I know of several people that actually saw the plane hit it, one on this forum! I will take those before I take some theorist's idea of what happen just because they dont like our government. I dont pay much attention to the truth bending Michael Moores of the world. It takes months to plan a big drug sting ( my step-dads a cop) the whole station knows, you are asking us to believe that in his first 9 months in office Bush planned something that would take a year or too atleast to put together(didnt think he was that bright), then have no one but a few know and get together with known terriorists to pull it off. Sorry not buying it. He couldnt even plan right for Iraq!

Last edited by Nea1; 12-08-2006 at 07:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2006, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Bothell, Washington
454 posts, read 640,886 times
Reputation: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
How does my questioning what really happened take away from anything? Do you not think I empathize and feel for those who lost loved ones and those who lost their lives?

No one is saying the planes didn't hit the towers. I question who was behind it.
Now we are getting to the meat of part of reason why I am passionate about it. Let me tell you a fictional story.

You come home one day and find that your BF has been murdered in cold blood. Your life in one moments has changed forever. There were no witnesses, but thankfully your neighbor is a police detective and with working the scant leads they find that a recently released murdered was seen in your neighborhood and witnesses say they saw him leave the neighborhood, running away. A bloody knife with no prints was found, and the felon admited to being in your neighborhood. An arrest is made and now you can at least sleep in peace knowing that this scumball is behind bars.

One day you get a call from somebody who says "it was not the guy they arrested. It was your neighbor the detective". You shrug it off, but over time you get more and more calls and letters about theories of how the Detective next door has access to your home, had a grudge against your BF, they point to the lack of 100% proof that the felon did it, instead it was a cover-up. They then claim that your neighbor did this to frame the felon to get him back behind bars, and to use this case to advance his career. Now you don't know for sure. You have doubts.

You can't move. everytime you go home you see his house and you are not sure if he will be coming after you. The feelings of confidence that the police are behind you, is shaken because he is "one of them", and for all of this to happen, many in the police force would need to be helping.

How safe do you feel? How confident are you in your neighborhood? The police show you the case file and the facts, and show you that in all of these theories there is not enough evedence to ever claim that your neighbor did it. But still what is the effect on you psyche?

While not perfect, this is as close as I can get to relate on a personal level what the anti-government conspiracy theorist have done.

Now, lets change the story a bit. One day your other neighbor contacts you and tells you that he was home that day and he saw the detective enter your home, there were screams a fight and then he left. The neighbor did not see the murder, had stayed quiet out of fear, but his eyewitness story connects the dots of everything you heard in the past. How does that change things for you?

This is the part of the story that has eluded the conspiracy theorist for 5 long years now.

Until there is a smoking gun that connects the dots, have the people who lost loved ones in the attack not gained the right to not be subjected to all of this? These theorist can all the theories you want, but I would appreciate that this group be quiet until they have the proof to change the theory to a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2006, 03:29 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,720,342 times
Reputation: 2096
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
Now we are getting to the meat of part of reason why I am passionate about it. Let me tell you a fictional story.

You come home one day and find that your BF has been murdered in cold blood. Your life in one moments has changed forever. There were no witnesses, but thankfully your neighbor is a police detective and with working the scant leads they find that a recently released murdered was seen in your neighborhood and witnesses say they saw him leave the neighborhood, running away. A bloody knife with no prints was found, and the felon admited to being in your neighborhood. An arrest is made and now you can at least sleep in peace knowing that this scumball is behind bars.

One day you get a call from somebody who says "it was not the guy they arrested. It was your neighbor the detective". You shrug it off, but over time you get more and more calls and letters about theories of how the Detective next door has access to your home, had a grudge against your BF, they point to the lack of 100% proof that the felon did it, instead it was a cover-up. They then claim that your neighbor did this to frame the felon to get him back behind bars, and to use this case to advance his career. Now you don't know for sure. You have doubts.

You can't move. everytime you go home you see his house and you are not sure if he will be coming after you. The feelings of confidence that the police are behind you, is shaken because he is "one of them", and for all of this to happen, many in the police force would need to be helping.

How safe do you feel? How confident are you in your neighborhood? The police show you the case file and the facts, and show you that in all of these theories there is not enough evedence to ever claim that your neighbor did it. But still what is the effect on you psyche?

While not perfect, this is as close as I can get to relate on a personal level what the anti-government conspiracy theorist have done.

Now, lets change the story a bit. One day your other neighbor contacts you and tells you that he was home that day and he saw the detective enter your home, there were screams a fight and then he left. The neighbor did not see the murder, had stayed quiet out of fear, but his eyewitness story connects the dots of everything you heard in the past. How does that change things for you?

This is the part of the story that has eluded the conspiracy theorist for 5 long years now.

Until there is a smoking gun that connects the dots, have the people who lost loved ones in the attack not gained the right to not be subjected to all of this? These theorist can all the theories you want, but I would appreciate that this group be quiet until they have the proof to change the theory to a fact.


Well said, that is exactly what I meant but of course you put it so well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2006, 11:03 PM
 
919 posts, read 1,671,253 times
Reputation: 478
How many times has "the goverment" been acused of conspiracies? no matter who was president> how many were proven. im talking about doing things to the public to fool them or control them. does this stuff go on all the time? doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2006, 11:59 PM
 
421 posts, read 244,273 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
How does my questioning what really happened take away from anything? Do you not think I empathize and feel for those who lost loved ones and those who lost their lives?

I am really tired of the implication that I am in some way unpatriotic or unfeeling just because I don't believe everything I am told, like some child.

No one is saying the planes didn't hit the towers. I question who was behind it.

Again, this country was founded on dissent and I am ashamed that Americans have become so lazy in their thinking and in their willingness to accept whatever suits their comfort, or way of looking at the world.


Bin Ladin said he was behind it.

If you really believe this bunk, why would you be patriotic towards this country? You have a dope for a President and your Party can't or won't do anything to fix anything. Why would you be patriotic to what for whom? If I believed this nonsense I would be movin on maybe to Europe or Sweeden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2006, 03:10 AM
 
4,247 posts, read 9,173,481 times
Reputation: 1452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
Movin'on...I've seen a lot of the conspiracy theory websites...so I am not just dismissing your point of view. Curiousity is my middle name. I question what our government would have to benefit from committing this sort of conspiracy. How do you know for an absolute fact that all of the things you've seen regarding this subject on the internet are infallible? I realize one cannot believe everything they see or hear...what makes these websites believable to you? Reliable witnesses (according to whom?) I hope you understand that there are probably just as many people who can testify to Al Quaeda being the mastermind of this tradgedy...what specifically guides you to believe the conspiracy theory...I'm pretty sure that you weren't involved, correct?
I am not a fan of conspiracy websites, although I do read them. The number one question that comes to mind for me is...who benefits? Who has really benefited from 911? It wasn't the Muslim world. It was the Cheney Halliburton world. Iraq had nothing to do with 911. That much has been proven. Who is the benefactor for having gone into Iraq?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top