Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 04:33 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Actual the media only cares about republican presidents private lives.

Here is a good example of ignored private lives of democratic presidents. Chicago tribune refused to run these photos of bored Obama daughters. Think today's media would ignore a bored Trump son?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/o...ZgO#.pjVMdO9Wn
Probly not, but to be fair, Trump's son's, save for one, are all grown men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
umm, I am sure it has been said already but what the hell...

Maher was not and is not running for president. that pretty much seals the deal. Free speech and not running for public office, therefore he is free to take the mick out of Orange faced fool as much as he likes.

Lets be perfectly clear, that Orange faced fool set the standard, and it is very low. The entire world is free to mock him anyway they please. Trump could have played nice but decided not to. Thus he will have people laughing at him long after he is dead and gone.

really is it a blessing for Bush, he looks great comparatively speaking...
That's such weak logic. Using your argument, no one who's ever said or done anything that could be perceived as unsavory can ever run for the office of the Presidency. Only an absolute saint, or a Buddhist monk can ever run for that office.....

You don't like Trump. Fine, but let's not go and suspend our logic and reason here, and create standards for him that you know ***** well you wouldn't apply to anyone else.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:26 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
umm, I am sure it has been said already but what the hell...

Maher was not and is not running for president. that pretty much seals the deal. Free speech and not running for public office, therefore he is free to take the mick out of Orange faced fool as much as he likes.

Lets be perfectly clear, that Orange faced fool set the standard, and it is very low. The entire world is free to mock him anyway they please. Trump could have played nice but decided not to. Thus he will have people laughing at him long after he is dead and gone.

really is it a blessing for Bush, he looks great comparatively speaking...
Sure. "Playing nice" means letting the Left whip you. That's over.

Sorry, you're side isn't in office and so your threats are idle. Just wait to see how "not nice" we don't play over the next four years. Be careful lest one day you don't have the press at your side.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,559 times
Love Jenna
http://neuekollektion.top/66/o.png

Old 01-27-2017, 05:46 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
It always amuses me when people say "Obama led a scandal free presidency".....Yeah, maybe if you define scandal as a torrid love affair, Obama led a scandal free presidency; As they say, the devil is in the details. There were plenty of "scandals" during Obama's tenure...

Fast and Furious
The Veterans Administration
IRS targeting political groups
Benghazi
If You Like Your Doctor/Plan You Can Keep It
Lynch/Clinton meeting on the tarmac.

... to name a few. To be fair, Obama didn't sully the office of the presidency during his time and mostly represented it with dignity and class. But to say it was "scandal free"... it just isn't true.
I'm talking about his personal life because that is the scope of this conversation.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
You can believe whatever you want. I know men. I am a man. I know how we're wired. I know how we think. I know how we interact.

Not making excuses for the immature, childish things Trump said, but it isn't that far out of the ordinary for "men talk" is all I'm saying.

Don't care if you don't believe me. You don't need to for it to be true.
You're not all the same. You're not all robots. You have different morals, personalities, motivations, intelligence levels. Seriously, stop acting like all men are the same. Its juvenile and insulting.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm talking about his personal life because that is the scope of this conversation.
Fair enough....
Quote:
You're not all the same. You're not all robots. You have different morals, personalities, motivations, intelligence levels. Seriously, stop acting like all men are the same. Its juvenile and insulting.
It's called biology. We may be different in many different regards, but we're all wired to be sexually attracted to women ( except gay people of course ) and this is what produces the kind of nasty talk that Trump was dumb enough to get caught saying. So when it comes to sexuality, we aren't all that different.

I don't even know why I'm having this conversation, it's silly.

So the last I'll say is that what I'm telling you is true. You can believe it or not. Doesn't matter.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Sure. "Playing nice" means letting the Left whip you. That's over.

Sorry, you're side isn't in office and so your threats are idle. Just wait to see how "not nice" we don't play over the next four years. Be careful lest one day you don't have the press at your side.
I don't see how that alignment could ever be broken, but it's a nice thought anyway.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Fair enough....

It's called biology. We may be different in many different regards, but we're all wired to be sexually attracted to women ( except gay people of course ) and this is what produces the kind of nasty talk that Trump was dumb enough to get caught saying. So when it comes to sexuality, we aren't all that different.

I don't even know why I'm having this conversation, it's silly.

So the last I'll say is that what I'm telling you is true. You can believe it or not. Doesn't matter.
I will agree that heterosexual males are wired to be attracted to women. But talking nasty is a result of upbringing, cultural attitudes and morals.

I think its silly that you pretend to know how all men speak and act when women aren't around.

Do you think devout men speak like this to each other?

How about men who were raised by single mothers to respect women?

Old 01-31-2017, 12:38 AM

Quote:
I will agree that heterosexual males are wired to be attracted to women. But talking nasty is a result of upbringing, cultural attitudes and morals.
Hmmm..... That's an interesting argument considering that when we're talking about things like abstinence vs. birth control, and those type of issues, Liberals are the first to argue that "people are going to have sex no matter what, no matter how you raise them and no amount of upbringing is going to change it"....
Quote:
I think its silly that you pretend to know how all men speak and act when women aren't around.
Well, I'll be the first to admit I haven't commissioned any scientific studies that have produced verifiable, provable evidence of what I'm saying, but after a lifetime of experience as a man interacting with other men, I think I'm pretty knowledgeable in this field.....
Quote:
Do you think devout men speak like this to each other?
Haven't had much interaction with a lot of devout men, so can't say for certain, but even if they don't have these types of conversations, I'd be more than willing to bet the farm that they have these sorts of thoughts..... ( and then probably feel guilty about the very urges and desires that "god" programmed them to have... }
Quote:
How about men who were raised by single mothers to respect women?
Absolutely..... It has ZERO to do with respect for women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies