Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2017, 07:26 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
This march only represented liberal women who don't like Trump.
Lol.... ALL KINDS of women hate Trump and ALL KINDS of women marched. Neither the march nor the hate for Trump is limited to liberal women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 07:35 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Protest has never been my thing, so I cannot judge or don't want to judge either way.

In my opinion, the purpose of protest is to actually change things for your cause as a direct result of the protest. Well, sometimes, it works, sometimes, it doesn't.

To me, the protest is a waste of time.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:48 PM

421 posts, read 204,969 times
Only feminists, rabid Liberals, SJWs, fatties, and weirdo/strange type women marched. The protesters were not very "diverse" either, it was mostly white women with too much money/time on their hands

Normal/everyday women don't care about some guy saying the P-word 10+ years ago, that's hardly an "emergency"

And of course, Trump supporter women are too smart to waste their money on plane tickets/etc protesting nothing

Old 01-26-2017, 08:00 PM

772 posts, read 390,477 times
S-o true!

They don't represent me or any of the ladies amongst my family and friends.

We were highly embarrassed by the hats, cursing and trashy behavior demonstrated by the so called celebrity women.

Besides they are protesting based on fear of what might happen, seems delusional to me.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:03 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Typical response. Insinuate you hate all women when you disagree with liberal feminists
Disagree ... no. Generalize ... yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
LMAO. What did they do? They didn't lobby for any kind of law to be passed ort anything. They just got up and whined and cried. Ashley Judd's rant summed it up
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Black women do think about quality of education and affordable health care, but we're not the ones out there screaming "We're oppressed" like Becky and Heather in their pink knitted cat hats.
Oh, for heaven's sake.

Neither of you were paying attention, apparently. Why are you even bothering with this thread when you clearly did not watch or listen to what any of the women -- black, white and everything in between -- were doing and saying?

FYI,There were plenty of black women - and men - speaking at the DC rally and marching in DC and other sister marches across the country, so that argument is out the window.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:48 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Agreed, totally. And I'm sure you can appreciate my response was flippant and given in the spirit of the post I was responding to.

Agreed. And, the men I know and especially the one I married is of the same cloth. It can't be denied however that on the whole, women take on a much bigger responsibility when it comes to the mundane, still - even while working as long hours as their SO. I'm encouraged that that's changing and the kids are evolving and less prone to carrying on the tradition.

Agreed. Although I'd argue that that type of behavior is more a function of personality than philosophy, and that some particularly prickly people are drawn to movements where they can twist the message to suit their antagonist agenda, rather than being that the goal of the movement itself.

Ah, now this I see as extremist and not a viewpoint shared by most of the everyday women who attended the March. I'm not a fan of that credo. It's not how most women who just want to be heard roll, either.

Agreed, apart from the "the women participating in these marches" bit. I and the large majority of my friends feel and hopefully have attained the same as you and your lovely. Again, I don't believe the extremists are representative of the marchers as a whole. Not by a long shot actually, a few squeaky wheels notwithstanding.

You see, I fully believe the large majority of marchers fall in the latter category. It wasn't about Trump, per se, or even women's issues - there are a lot of quite terrifying things going on in the world and we are all worried. Some of us think Trump is going to make it worse. I belive the March was in response what a lot of people see as an authoritarian wild card who is unpredictable and unfiltered in charge of the world in which their loved ones and kids live too. I think fear of the unknown and little trust in his agenda was the impetus.

Well, I think she's seriously misguided and I can't share your thoughts on this one.

But as to the rest, I think we are probably all a lot closer than we know, if one takes the time to have a civil dialog.

Thank you.

1..I figured. But I needed a jumping off point. That's how it came out.

2.. Well, I'm not so sure that women take on a disproportionate number of any tasks at home. Mundane or otherwise. Perhaps in some relationships. Things never happen the same way twice though. For us , there's always various things need doing, and we divvy things up. Often what goes in her and my honeydoo box is pretty different, and might even seem to be gender assigned on the surface. At least by classical standards. She may be taking on the laundry, cleaning the kitchen or whatever whilst I am under the bathroom sink fixing the drain swapping out the heater filters or some other such thing. It's not a gender thing though. It's more just a matter of know how in such things. If there's nothing repair related going on, then I can fix dinner (I'm the better chef anyway and I like to cook) whilst she tackles laundry. Or on a really good night we say the hell with it all, get Chinese or burgers and just hit the couch.

3..Yes, personality and individual situations dictate much. And I am somewhat jaded as to philosophy in what I hear coming from the speakers and individual interviews from these rallies. I hear my ex, almost line item in to much of what they say. So it's easy for me to take the message as representative of the whole group. These marches are honestly something out of my most extreme nightmares. A whole army of women like my ex, and her nasty, hateful Mother.

4.. It most definitely is an extremist viewpoint. Very much so. I'll let this one go and chalk it up to the nightmares aforementioned. Though this view is represented at these marches by enough numbers to raise a lot of flags for me.

5..Pretty much can refer to #4 again.

6..Indeed there are a good number of scary things going on. Many of those particular issues need their own thread to discuss in terms of how Trump may or may not take those things on. Since the issue at the core here is supposed to be more of a domestic one I'll stick to that. The issue, as I'm seeing it, is mostly about the relationship between men and women, things like sexual harassment in the workplace (an issue that hits home for me), crimes against women such as rape (another big one for me) domestic and street violence, discriminatory issues, and how being as all this effects men and women as equally, albeit in different ways, how men and women need to tackle these things. Now, the men I am seeing at these rallies also do not represent what men need to be on the aforementioned issues. What we are being shown are yapping rat dogs, being let off their leashes by women who dominate them. Lets just say that the movement needs a new face. What we are seeing represented are two extremes in opposition either for or against these marches. The men the media is showing do NOT represent me, as many of the women shown you say are not representative of you.
As you say, we may be closer on things here than was thought, perhaps, at first. I have a vested interest in seeing the issue I put down being addressed from all angles. We all need to remember this isn't, or shouldn't be, about politics. It's time then, for the face and body of this movement to get a serious overhaul. The Madonnas, Rosies, and all the other yowling celebrity harpies, the militant lesbians and other man haters, and the yapping purse puppies calling themselves men who come in tow with them, to shut up, go back to their playpens and let the adults take over.
There are real issues to tackle out here. Real victims of real evil who need help. Who NEED to be both seen and heard. Victims and loved ones of the issues I mentioned earlier, who have been let down by the police, the courts, the law and forgotten by society. A society that can gather to listen to Madonna hurl her bilge and can spend only God knows how much money to have these marches (and clean up after them), splash it all over the media and leave these women who have been brutally victimized, the men who love them more than life, and their families to bleed out in the street.
There's really no left, right, Dem, Rep, Black, White, gay, straight or whatever in the issues in question here. Is there? I know that I have no time to march or rally. I have a little lady who is depending on me to be strong for her. Be there when she needs me and be her Man. Whether it's fixing the roof, getting the take out food, being goofy and hoping I can make her laugh and smile, killing the HUGE spider in the bathroom or holding her after a nightmare. Should one of these marches happen that represents her and so many women like her and puts the attention where it should be, I would support it. We need love, empathy and articulate, rational non partisan presentation. Not hate, apathy, and shrieking inarticulate, partisan diatribe ,shedding rattlesnake tears and claiming to care. That's the side the media is going to show if it's available. It needs to be not available. So yea. We may be on the same page in the same book. Civil discourse is a good place to start I reckon.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:51 PM

165 posts, read 116,014 times
I marched in Boston and have tried to explain it to people who attempted to invalidate my reasons for doing so. These words that I've seen posted on various social media encompass my main reasons for getting out there. I work in healthcare and I'm passionate about these issues. I'm not here to debate them. I'm posting because people keep asking me, "why?".

"A smart, progressive male friend posted that he didn't understand the the purpose of Saturday's events. I was too dumbfounded answer. However, this was just posted by a friend and it says it better than I could. Read it!!!
"To those whom are confused or surprised about why millions of people showed up to protest on Saturday.
Women are marching because our children deserve a secretary of education that cares about education.
Women are marching because our family and friends deserve healthcare. Did you know that before the ACA, newborns in the NICU would hit their lifetime caps on health insurance coverage. That's right, Babies who had never felt the sun on their skin could no longer get health insurance.
Women are marching because domestic violence crisis centers and after school programs deserve funding.
Women are marching because we deserve clean air, clean water, and national parks.
Women are marching because we believe the children protected by the DREAM act deserve to be here and they deserve to live with their parents, not in orphanages and foster homes.
And most of all, women are marching because we have the right to. The right to protest and speak out against our government is the first amendment. That's right, #1! It is one of our most fundamental American rights.
Saying that we're whining, throwing temper tantrums, or that we're immature, or that we need to get over it will not stop us. It will not stop us from fighting for you. And we are fighting for you because you deserve these rights too.
We're not marching because Trump won.
We're marching because he wants to take some of the things that we hold dear away. All of the things that we've been fighting for for generations. And we're not giving up easily.
Anyone who thinks we're marching because we lost just simply isn't listening.
We're fighting because we refuse to lose more."
(Eleanor Oliver-Edmonds, edited by Janice Lewis)

Old 01-26-2017, 10:45 PM

772 posts, read 390,477 times
HRC lost get over it.

Learn to accept reality... lots of women in America do not support your march.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:02 PM

146 posts, read 238,314 times
lots of women weren't allowed in the march. It was only for pro-abortionists; and more than half of us oppose.

thank goodness so the rest of us don't have to be affiliated with sickos like this

Women's March Featured Donna Hylton--Kidnapper And Torturer | The Daily Caller

Old 01-26-2017, 11:02 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
HRC lost get over it.

Learn to accept reality... lots of women in America do not support your march.
And lots of women do. Get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies