Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2017, 11:50 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,945,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I was talking to someone on another Scottish site about this nonsense of these big marches when most dont know why or for what they are walking in a massive sea of hats made to look like female parts.. are they all totally bonkers, I didnt expect this response from one poster, who lives in Scotland , and wasnt expecting this person to be so interested in what went on.. but was I wrong..

— See What a Massive, Hillary-Shaped Bullet America Just Dodged?

Has anyone actually worked out yet what that Women’s March over the weekend was all about?
Or is it another of those things we’re just supposed to know – and the very fact we don’t know shows precisely how insensitive and unobservant we are?

My initial guess was that it might have been down to one of the following:

A forgotten anniversary

An unnoticed new hair do

A very-much-noticed and far-too-nakedly-lingering glance at Ivanka (or similar)

Toilet seat left up

Trash taken out – but without the liner being replaced

The wrong answer to a question about cellulite or weight or a much-desired but patently unsuitable outfit

Nothing. No, seriously. There’s nothing wrong. Nothing at all. Really. Nothing.

If any of these had been the reasons, I can quite understand why hundreds of thousands of women took to the streets across the world to express their distress through the medium of screeching, placard-waving and ostentatious sporting of vulva-coloured headgear.

I know from years of hard-earned experience, involving not just sisters, girlfriends and wives, but daughters too, that these are the kind of vitally important issues never to be taken lightly let alone mocked even in the most affectionately humorous way.

But apparently – so I have since learned – the march was about none of these things.

According to Madonna it had something to do with blowing up the White House.

According to Michael Moore (not a woman) it was about stopping Betty De Vos (a woman: how does this work, exactly?) from becoming Secretary of Education.

According to Hamas-supporting, hijab-wearing co-organiser Linda Sarsour, it had something to do with that famous supporter of women’s rights, Islam.

According to Hermione Granger it was a lovely excuse to fly over from England with her Mum, to feel humble and try on some new bright red lipstick.

And according to former Wall Street Journal reporter Asra Q. Nomani (a woman, though not the right kind as far as the marchers are concerned, presumably), it’s basically just another tentacle of George Soros – the sinister, cat-stroking destroyer-of-worlds who Asra has found to have funded no fewer than 56 of the partners involved in the march.

So: nothing to do with real women with any real, actual, valid concerns they may have about the world, like, say, the enslavement of Yazidi girls in Iraq and Syria or arranged marriages for child brides from Pakistan or genital mutilation of girls in North Africa or Moroccan TV stations teaching battered wives how to cover up their bruises.

Instead: just another random protest march by the usual ragbag of leftist suspects, far too many of them blue hair, their whale-like physiques and terrifying camel-toes the size of the Grand Canyon.

But this is self-evidently impossible. Very few of these shrieking munters – save the token celebrities – will ever find themselves in a position where they are able to fetch a man’s beer from his fridge because first they would have to find a man willing to share the same space with them.

Still, when all is said and done I think we owe those women who took to the streets across the world in their various pod groups a massive favour. They have reminded us what a Hillary presidency would have looked like every single day for at least four years. And they have swept away any reservations we may have had about the absolute necessity of having voted for Donald Trump.
You really do regard your fellow women as air headed, don't you?

Your username is extremely apt.

Your whole post is full of hateful stereotypes.

"These women will never find themselves in a position where they will be able to FETCH a MAN'S beer from HIS fridge", because first they would have to find a man? Good god woman. It's not men people need to march against, it's YOU.

And get your own damn beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
So: nothing to do with real women with any real, actual, valid concerns they may have about the world, like, say, the enslavement of Yazidi girls in Iraq and Syria or arranged marriages for child brides from Pakistan or genital mutilation of girls in North Africa or Moroccan TV stations teaching battered wives how to cover up their bruises.

Instead: just another random protest march by the usual ragbag of leftist suspects, far too many of them blue hair, their whale-like physiques and terrifying camel-toes the size of the Grand Canyon.

Apart from the fact that you have no idea that any of the 5 million people that marched have no concerns about those issues - I meant to ask - what are your bonafides as far as they're concerned?

You must have a pretty impressive resume in doing something?

Old 01-26-2017, 12:16 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,094,882 times
Sunday on MSNBC’s “AM Joy,” liberal filmmaker Michael Moore said that women who voted for President Donald Trump are “victims” of “misogyny and the sexism that is still so prevalent and ingrained.”

Moore said, “I did run into Trump voters. and I asked them, especially — I remember one woman. I said — she was telling me that she voted for Trump. I said ‘Really? in spite of his attitudes toward women and the things that he said?’ And she said, ‘Well, you know, women, a lot of us, we’ve just had to learn to take it over the years. You know, that’s how my dad talked and that’s how my brothers talk.’ And I thought, oh, geez, you know, it was such a reminder of still how far we have to go. I was at this one thing, John Leguizamo, a great actor and comedian Hispanic, he says ‘I’m Hispanic and I always thought racism was our number one problem that we have to deal with, but this election really showed that we’ve ignored the misogyny and the sexism that is still so prevalent and ingrained.’ And Ingrained in many of the victims, the 46% of women that voted for Trump and the 53% of white women that voted for Trump. And that’s — well, that just says that we’ve got more work to do and we’ll keep doing it.”

Admit it libs. This is how you feel

Old 01-26-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Sunday on MSNBC’s “AM Joy,” liberal filmmaker Michael Moore said that women who voted for President Donald Trump are “victims” of “misogyny and the sexism that is still so prevalent and ingrained.”

Moore said, “I did run into Trump voters. and I asked them, especially — I remember one woman. I said — she was telling me that she voted for Trump. I said ‘Really? in spite of his attitudes toward women and the things that he said?’ And she said, ‘Well, you know, women, a lot of us, we’ve just had to learn to take it over the years. You know, that’s how my dad talked and that’s how my brothers talk.’ And I thought, oh, geez, you know, it was such a reminder of still how far we have to go. I was at this one thing, John Leguizamo, a great actor and comedian Hispanic, he says ‘I’m Hispanic and I always thought racism was our number one problem that we have to deal with, but this election really showed that we’ve ignored the misogyny and the sexism that is still so prevalent and ingrained.’ And Ingrained in many of the victims, the 46% of women that voted for Trump and the 53% of white women that voted for Trump. And that’s — well, that just says that we’ve got more work to do and we’ll keep doing it.”

Admit it libs. This is how you feel

And you're all just butthurt that no one likes your Cheeto In Chief. That's what all these multiple whining threads are really about.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
And you're all just butthurt that no one likes your Cheeto In Chief. That's what all these multiple whining threads are really about.

You're not in this job to be liked by whining leftist partisan Democrats

Old 01-26-2017, 12:37 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
Apart from the fact that you have no idea that any of the 5 million people that marched have no concerns about those issues - I meant to ask - what are your bonafides as far as they're concerned?

You must have a pretty impressive resume in doing something?
and how do you know that those same five million have, most were out for a day out to join in with filthy spoken celebs, some I agree probably meant well and were protesting about what they would like changed.. others though I dont think so..... Me? I sign petitions.. mostly child abuse, girls female mutilation.. child brides, lots of things I dont agree with .

Old 01-26-2017, 12:37 PM

2,182 posts, read 1,627,573 times
Quote:
No one?

Old 01-26-2017, 12:40 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,838,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
You no more speak for all women of your generation that I speak for all women of mine, or even the protestors do for all women.

My mother was there, my grandmother, etc. My grandmother was a Radcliffe "graduate" who really went to Harvard but was denied a Harvard diploma. There were protests well before you were coming up, and you got to enjoy the fruits of their hard work. Women died getting you those rights you so "enjoy" and yet seem to take for granted. And as for "butch" women, my grandmother was a gorgeous and petite women who was happily married to another Harvard alum, had three children, and worked in her specific field until 1950 (which was unheard of back then). So save your caricature for those who believe in "alternative facts", they are meaningless here.
Good post!

As is often the case, it's the "anti-feminist" women on this thread who are the loudest and angriest. The irony is that THEY are the stereotypical "feminists" they rail against.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:42 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
For me this has nothing to do with liking or disliking Trump.. its the daft marches and protests I cant get..How long will they go on... or have most all gone home and looked for themselves on the telly, then forgot what they were there for.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Good post!

As is often the case, it's the "anti-feminist" women on this thread who are the loudest and angriest. The irony is that THEY are the stereotypical "feminists" they rail against.
M

The anti feminists don't buy into the ideas from leftists that women in America are hard done by in 2017. They realize they have the same
Legal rights as men already
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies