Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 10:37 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times

Advertisements

Right now the Feds are totally lost. The potus has sent a series of orders and changes but with no language of how he wants it done! It's like a chef walking in his kitchen and telling his cooks- I want cake - what kind ?what time ? for how many ? etc. nothing !!' They have no direction at all. The latest is the voter fraud,,, there no charge, or complaint, or even a whistle blower to even say. Where to start! While many are cheering at his mandates, the practical side is zip and his federal staff scratching their heads - those who aren't leaving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 10:40 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

GW Bush had Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice as his secretaries. Both EXTREMELY qualified individuals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Both who failed miserably. Powell has even owned up to that.
That might be true, but using your logic, you would want to fly on a plane with a pilot who had no experience, after reading about a plane crash

I wonder if, because people die all the time during surgery, you would ask for doctor with no experience when scheduling a triple bypass.

Yet Trump supporters think it's just fine to replace a nuclear physicist with the Gov of Texas who wasn't quite sure what the Dept of Energy actual does, for a position that oversees our nuclear weapons.

Last edited by justNancy; 01-26-2017 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: fix post

Old 01-26-2017, 10:46 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
I know that at least 1 of them had their resignation letter they gave at the election of Trump accepted (aka fired), and that at least one of them quit based upon comments from a relative, and a friend of the other one. So its a mixture. I don't know more details then that at the moment.

If I had to guess based on the timing of announcements is that 3 of them were fired, and 2 quit. But that is a guess.

Losing 3 was painful enough, and in my opinion a mistake to do all at once without a transition plan for them. I think (but don't know) that the other 2 looked at it, and decided they didn't want to work with so many political hacks. I would not be surprised if more left in the coming days.

Edit to add-looks like based on earlier comments to news links its 4 fired, 1 quit.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Using your logic, after reading about a plane crash, you would want to fly on a plane with a pilot who had no experience.
We all have seen the movies. The Master sergeant wins the war and has to rescue the new leutenant who had just left the academy, or the secretary that finds everything for the new boss, including the pens. The problem is not who left, as who is coming. The Jr bosses can hold the fort, but the new people... Sigh if we stay out of WW3 I'll be surprised ! I run a large office, and force all the new sups under submission so we can run it right. Not easy

Old 01-26-2017, 11:02 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This isn't good news. Tillerson has no foreign service experience and the entire senior staff just resigned.
Tillerson has spent decades working with foreign leaders and business's, Exxon is a worldwide company with operations across the globe. He is uniquely qualified for the job.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Losing 3 was painful enough, and in my opinion a mistake to do all at once without a transition plan for them.
Exactly. I realize it's common for a new administration to replace a lot of people, since Obama fired many of Bush's appointees. However, it's unusual to keep so many positions vacant.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Tillerson has spent decades working with foreign leaders and business's, Exxon is a worldwide company with operations across the globe. He is uniquely qualified for the job.
He knows shyte about policy . His office will be on a scrimmage for months keeping him on track. Do you know how many treaties there are in each country for different things? Well neither does he, not something you can just Google !

Old 01-26-2017, 11:59 PM

572 posts, read 435,400 times
I want to have some kind of running tally on how many heads explode per day.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:07 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
He knows shyte about policy . His office will be on a scrimmage for months keeping him on track. Do you know how many treaties there are in each country for different things? Well neither does he, not something you can just Google !
And the state department handles a ton of different things. This is like saying "yeah we fired the entire ER, but no worries we hired a nurse that can handle it all".

Old 01-27-2017, 12:48 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Here's a message to all the billionaire cabinet nominees: You're all filthy rich and really do have enough money. So here's your chance to redeem yourselves and do something altruistic, by serving the interests of all the people, instead of your own. It might even be a lot of fun and make you feel good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies