Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 01:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Rap is crap with the "c" removed.
SMH....Wow...that's original.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 01:28 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Trump apologized.
Oh, all better then!

Old 01-26-2017, 01:29 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,769 times
deflection.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:30 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Let's turn the question back on the OP.

OP, you obviously find many rap lyrics offensive because they objectify and demean women. So, do you also find Trump's words and actions, that also objectify and demean women, offensive? If not, why not?

Old 01-26-2017, 01:40 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,878,006 times
Rap lyrics often refer to shooting and killing others, I wouldn't give Trump a pass for "bustin' a cap" either.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:51 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Let's turn the question back on the OP.

OP, you obviously find many rap lyrics offensive because they objectify and demean women. So, do you also find Trump's words and actions, that also objectify and demean women, offensive? If not, why not?
Yes I do.
I am no fan of Trump, did not vote for him and don't think he's remotely qualified to be POTUS.
I do hope he does well now that he is in there and the election is over but I'm no fan.

Do I think he actually grabbed women by the genitals? No. I think that was loutish hyperbole.
That doesn't mean that him bragging about it is ok though either.

I tend to think he probably DID kiss women without being asked and in my opinion, that IS sexual assault.

The point was though that there is all of this outrage over his language and opinion of women and we have an entire subculture of "music" that the ex president and his wife enjoy, that Hillary apparently enjoys that engages in some of the most vile language and misogyny you can imagine and it gets a pass.

You had Hillary Clinton who ACTIVELY sought to silence and ruin the victims of her husband's sexual crimes in order to protect her political aspirations yet something Trump said years ago on a bus is more damning and worthy of donning pink vagina hats to protest over.

They hypocrisy is staggering.
The selective outrage is ridiculous!

Old 01-26-2017, 01:53 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,509,104 times
^wait so OP thinks rappers and the president should act the same way.

We're doomed

Old 01-26-2017, 01:55 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I don't listen to rap, and as far as I know there were no rappers running for president.

Sorry I expect more from someone who is president than from a rapper.
^ This.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:57 PM

13,418 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Yes I do.
I am no fan of Trump, did not vote for him and don't think he's remotely qualified to be POTUS.
I do hope he does well now that he is in there and the election is over but I'm no fan.

Do I think he actually grabbed women by the genitals? No. I think that was loutish hyperbole.
That doesn't mean that him bragging about it is ok though either.

I tend to think he probably DID kiss women without being asked and in my opinion, that IS sexual assault.

The point was though that there is all of this outrage over his language and opinion of women and we have an entire subculture of "music" that the ex president and his wife enjoy, that Hillary apparently enjoys that engages in some of the most vile language and misogyny you can imagine and it gets a pass.

You had Hillary Clinton who ACTIVELY sought to silence and ruin the victims of her husband's sexual crimes in order to protect her political aspirations yet something Trump said years ago on a bus is more damning and worthy of donning pink vagina hats to protest over.

They hypocrisy is staggering.
The selective outrage is ridiculous!
I am no fan of lyrics that glorify senseless violence or hate toward women.

However, one is art (you can dispute that but the point stands) that is a reflection of street culture, and to write it is not necessarily to condone it, but to be representative of reality - and the other is the President Of The United States Of America.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:58 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
^wait so OP thinks rappers and the president should act the same way.

We're doomed
He wasn't the president when he said those things.

If you are offended by the "grab them by the p$$$y comment", why aren't you offended by the things rappers brag about doing to women that are far worse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies