U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 04:53 PM

22,135 posts, read 9,408,522 times

Advertisements

I like that she will not stand with Trump on torture, but she seems rather a confused woman regarding leading anyone anywhere. I can see why the Trump cult likes her though. She's as inadequately prepared for the job as he is. Although I can see why she looks dignified next to Conway & Co., she sure ain't no Thatcher.

"...Failing to state your honest opinion on the most important decision Britain has taken in decades may seem cowardly enough. But the consequences of May’s pretence do not stop with one referendum..."

Theresa May can do whatever she wants. So what does she want?

Theresa May accused of 'grovelling' to Donald Trump amid torture row | The Independent

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...prime-minister
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 04:54 PM

203 posts, read 204,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just curious - do you have a source for that info?
Presentation is everything. Allow me.

May, who began a two-day visit to the US today visited Pennsylvania to speak with both the House and Senate Republican conferences, GOP leaders at the annual congressional Republican retreat. The retreat is for GOP members. If She was to speak before a Repub -led government today, it is only logical to go where they are at.

Her main point was to warn us to watch out for Russia (To me shrug) and May said she also hoped to convince Trump of the economic and security merits of a strong Atlantic alliance as critical to United States and Western security. She will speak with the President tomorrow.

There you go no spin.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:55 PM

772 posts, read 276,952 times
May, seems like a great stateswoman, reminds me of Margaret Thatcher.

So, happy for the UK, they now have May who will champion the interest of UK citizens!

Old 01-26-2017, 04:56 PM

44,494 posts, read 35,950,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Needs To Change View Post

May, who begins a two-day visit to the US today visited Pennsylvania to speak with both the House and Senate Republican conferences, GOP leader at the annual congressional Republican retreat. The retreat is for GOP members. If She was to speak before a Repub -lead government today, it is only logical to go where they are at.

Her main point was to warn us to watch watch out for Russia (To me shrug) and May said she also hoped to convince Trump of the economic and security merits of a strong Atlantic alliance as critical to United States and Western security. She will speak with the President tomorrow.

There you go no spin.

Presentation is everything - what's the source?

Old 01-26-2017, 04:57 PM

44,481 posts, read 17,762,937 times
Quote:
Just curious - do you have a source for that info?
Sky News. I watched the speech live on there, and they made a big deal out of it being the first time this has ever happened.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:59 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,314,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Good point about talking only to Republicans. Nice to ignore the popular vote.

Actually she understands the thin skinned boor that occupies the White House. She is very carefully not giving him any reason to be angry with her or Britain. Britain without Europe or the US is headed for a real economic depression. They can no longer loot the Colonies for profits.

Right now, the 'popular vote' appears to be acting like children. Children don't get invited to grown-up meetings. So many of you have shown how immature and frankly 'mean' you can be. It IS possible to disagree and not send out your activists and idiots to destroy public property, and hurt other citizens. It would be a good thing if you all stopped trying to tear down the will of the people who elected Trump through perfectly legal means. It just all sounds so petty.

A grown-up would work to get a larger voice in a more civilized way - that is what most of us who supported Trump did. Till you realize that, I would doubt you will get seats at the table very often. Your technique is self-defeating but you don't even seem smart enough to realize that.

I was worried when May took her position that she was not strong enough - or committed enough to Brexit, etc. but so far so good. She now has an ally which I am sure helps. It is a tough job she and Britain face but I think the course they are taking is the best for them - and for Europe. And we can thank the people of Britain too for being so wise as to vote for Brexit against all odds. They took the lead and it helped us here.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:03 PM

5,175 posts, read 3,603,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Just more meaningless bluster that wont change the plight of the working class of America. Working stiffs need good health care, higher minimum wage and much stronger labor rights and public safety net.

Not this drivel. All that does is to increase income and wealth inequality further, which will drive even more working stiffs into despair and hopelessness.
So you haven't done too well for the last eight years.Maybe the next four will be better.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:04 PM

203 posts, read 204,582 times
Quote:
Presentation is everything - what's the source?
what I originally wrote
Quote:

May, who began a two-day visit to the US today visited Pennsylvania to speak with both the House and Senate Republican conferences, GOP leaders at the annual congressional Republican retreat. The retreat is for GOP members. If She was to speak before a Repub -led government today, it is only logical to go where they are at.

Her main point was to warn us to watch out for Russia (To me shrug) and May said she also hoped to convince Trump of the economic and security merits of a strong Atlantic alliance as critical to United States and Western security. She will speak with the President tomorrow.

There you go no spin.
British Prime Minister Theresa May to attend GOP retreat

British Prime Minister Theresa May to attend GOP retreat - POLITICO

Hopefully Politico is acceptable?

If you wish the Independent...

Theresa May speech to Republicans: 'Beware of Vladimir Putin'

Read the full transcript below:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7548496.html

Old 01-26-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Sky News. I watched the speech live on there, and they made a big deal out of it being the first time this has ever happened.
OK, thanks.

I'm not inclined to read too much into this, considering her tight schedule but it's a point of interest. Enough points become an issue. I'll continue watching and waiting.

Should be a really interesting 4 years.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Needs To Change View Post
British Prime Minister Theresa May to attend GOP retreat

British Prime Minister Theresa May to attend GOP retreat - POLITICO

Hopefully Politico is acceptable?

If you wish the Independent...

Theresa May speech to Republicans: 'Beware of Vladimir Putin'

Read the full transcript below:

Theresa May speech to Republicans: 'Beware of Vladimir Putin' | The Independent
I just wanted any source at all. I'll draw my own conclusions. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies