Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 03:31 PM

243 posts, read 220,752 times

Advertisements

I have black family , who think republicans are racist . TRUTH IS everyone is racist to some extent . I also know blacks who vote republican . Yes , I believe the majority vote Democrat. I think it's because they make up the poorer inner city make up. Democrats give "free stuff" and there is a fear of losing that . I have to say I can't blame thier train of thought , it's human nature .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 03:34 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,559,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
No doubt, the Democrats are racist.

The real question is why should blacks support republicans?

I mean I always felt that Republicans, being individualistic were simply indifferent towards blacks, and didn't have any particular "plan" for them. But then I thought about Nixon and the War On Drugs, and how everything that Republicans do "for black people" revolves around Stop And Frisk and locking them all up. Not really a great "plan".

Blacks shouldn't vote for either party. They just need to not vote at all, remove themselves from all government services, and fix their own problems. Black people are better without either party.
I think blacks should vote for the libertarians.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:37 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I think blacks should vote for the libertarians.
They should. But voting for a party assumes that government can solve problems. Government doesn't solve problems, and have been useless for black people. So black people just need to reject all government, adopt the free market, and from there things will improve.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:46 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What's your obsession with white people wanting other Americans to vote based on policy and not party?
Don't answer a question with a question. Just answer the question.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:51 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
They should. But voting for a party assumes that government can solve problems. Government doesn't solve problems, and have been useless for black people. So black people just need to reject all government, adopt the free market, and from there things will improve.
You mean dump collectivism?

Sounds risky. Who will I blame for all my woes?

Old 01-26-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You don't need to vote for the Republicans.

I just wonder why black people associate themselves with such a racist, hateful and violent liberals.

Personally, liberals scare the crap out of me. Any particular reason you like those people?
In my lifetime, I have met violent, racist people. The vast majority of this has been in conservative areas. I have seldom ever had issues with liberals. I can't recall ever being called the "n" word or threatened with hanging by a White liberal. Most of the times this has happened, it was some far-right wing type.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:53 PM

1,743 posts, read 991,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I am curious to why there is a desperation to get Blacks to vote Republican. I can name Republicans who have said some bigoted things. Newt Gingrich, George Allen, Trent Lott, Rick Santorum.
I am curious as to .. Why the #ell do we always talk about blacks as being different from the human race?

I'm pretty sure that blacks are the same as everyone else?

Blacks probably eat, sleep, watch tv and 'Have personal opinions' like the rest of the human race?

There are racist whites, there are racist blacks.
There are liberal whites, there are liberal blacks.
There are conservative whites, there are conservative blacks.

Yep, blacks even look like everyone else .. arms, legs, eyes, etc. etc.

The point is .. Blacks are people too!

Stop trying to treat them like they are herded cattle!
/rant>

Old 01-26-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
I am curious as to .. Why the #ell do we always talk about blacks as being different from the human race?

I'm pretty sure that blacks are the same as everyone else?

Blacks probably eat, sleep, watch tv and 'Have personal opinions' like the rest of the human race?

There are racist whites, there are racist blacks.
There are liberal whites, there are liberal blacks.
There are conservative whites, there are conservative blacks.

Yep, blacks even look like everyone else .. arms, legs, eyes, etc. etc.

The point is .. Blacks are people too!

Stop trying to treat them like they are herded cattle!
/rant>
Thank you. I don't get the obsession over whom a Black person votes for. Now, politicians might want votes. However, what we often see isn'the about race obsession.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:57 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I will give my opinion over this obsession. It is not about the betterment of the lives of Blacks. I think said persons look at their candidate losing as "if Black people voted for Republicans, we'd have the politicians we want". That is just my opinion.
That's probably at least partially true. If "blacks" voted 50/50 democrat/republican instead of the 90/10 split it is now democrats would probably never win another federal election. Obama wouldn't have won with that kind of split.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
That's probably at least partially true. If "blacks" voted 50/50 democrat/republican instead of the 90/10 split it is now democrats would probably never win another federal election. Obama wouldn't have won with that kind of split.
Well, just the same, I consider my vote to be my business. Truth be told, I vote based on what is best for me at that time. If I don't look at what is best for me, who else will?

Now, I am aware there are some Republican politicians who might want my vote. To those politicians, terms like "plantation" and "free stuff" are not going to make me want to vote Republican. If anything, more resentment will come out of that. How does anyone expect Blacks to vote differently by complaining about who alot of Blacks vote for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies