Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2017, 09:58 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,506,796 times

Advertisements

Media assassination or reporting his undeniable instability? And what privilege am I supposed to have? You don't even know me. Violent acting out? Oh, I get it now. I'm being lumped in with all of the idiots who are using some of the marches and protests to break windows, etc.? Thanks a lot, but I wouldn't be caught dead doing anything like that - and neither would anyone I know. Peaceful protests are one thing; breaking the law is something else, and those people should be arrested and thrown in jail. And I'm not upset because Hillary lost. I'm upset because a demagogue won, and because he has no idea what he's doing. On the job training is not exactly setting my mind at ease.

I'm just saying that the media should never, ever sit down and shut up, because if that happens, our democracy is dead. If only right wing news sources are allowed, do you know what we would have? Not a free press, but a propaganda machine that does nothing but glorify Trump all day and all night. We need the media to step up and hold his feet to the fire when he makes bad decisions. Even if you think the MSM has been a Democrat propaganda machine for a long time, never at any moment was Fox News ever told to "sit down and shut up"! (If I'm mistaken and that did happen, please correct me, and provide the source for this information.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Do you not think that Trump voters are witnessing the daily media assassination of Trump? Do you not think that we observe your privilege? Do you not think that we observe your violent acting out, and protesting of a legitimate election, merely because you disliked the results of democracy after eight years of being extremely coddled and decades of being catered to?

You should be telling your side to shut their mouths beyond reporting who,what,where, and when at this specific juncture, lest they worsen the circumstances in this nation beyond anything that is reparable. Because they can't stand to lose like adults. You fight this battle to any further extreme, and I guarantee that you are putting this nation at risk of losing it all.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 09:59 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,466,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Truth burns, don't it libs?
Looks like we have to listen to their "alternative facts" for a few more years. The media doesn't have to report it tho.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:08 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,603,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Not impossible, but I doubt it. If you are of the opinion that Trump is incompetent, better to just let him burn out slowly until the next election. If you impeach, there would be defenders and believers that will not be convinced of the incompetence and more importantly who from your side would take the reins as opposed to simply handing the kit and kaboodle to Pence.
I disagree, more pressure, more marches .

Why would anyone want him to stay in charge, one week in and he has alienated Mexico , china and lied many dozens of times.

last night when directly confronted with information absolutely proving that the "pew' report does not support his claims of millions of fraudulent votes, instead of ignoring it, instead of admitting or redirecting . NO instead of that he called the study's writer a groveler, and insisted that the only reason he could be saying it , is that he was groveling to the presenter...

really?

A president of the USA when given the chance to end his BS, instead attacks the writer of the very study he was relying on....

I guess Trump has just no "honer" at all. None, no respect for people and absolutely no SHAME.

so no , why wait, in silence while the Right led by Bannon and Trump rebuild Russia's armies and debase our nation.

thank you! You have encouraged me to i need to get more involved.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:09 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,389,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
LMAO ... this right-wing dope Bannon thinks the media still doesn't understand why Illegit Don is POTUS.

LOL

They know EXACTLY why Illegit Donnie is in the White House, you dope ... COMEY and the RUSSIAN HACKERS.

Anyone who thinks Illegit Donnie wins that election without that disgraceful assistance from Comey and the Russians is either uber-partisan or not very bright.

Obviously this dope Bannon is both...
Seriously, you think the rust belt states that gave Trump the electoral college win were focused on Comey and the Russians? You must be delusional........or "not very bright"

Old 01-26-2017, 10:15 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,466,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Media assassination or reporting his undeniable instability? And what privilege am I supposed to have? You don't even know me. Violent acting out? Oh, I get it now. I'm being lumped in with all of the idiots who are using some of the marches and protests to break windows, etc.? Thanks a lot, but I wouldn't be caught dead doing anything like that - and neither would anyone I know. Peaceful protests are one thing; breaking the law is something else, and those people should be arrested and thrown in jail. And I'm not upset because Hillary lost. I'm upset because a demagogue won, and because he has no idea what he's doing. On the job training is not exactly setting my mind at ease.

I'm just saying that the media should never, ever sit down and shut up, because if that happens, our democracy is dead. If only right wing news sources are allowed, do you know what we would have? Not a free press, but a propaganda machine that does nothing but glorify Trump all day and all night. We need the media to step up and hold his feet to the fire when he makes bad decisions. Even if you think the MSM has been a Democrat propaganda machine for a long time, never at any moment was Fox News ever told to "sit down and shut up"! (If I'm mistaken and that did happen, please correct me, and provide the source for this information.)
That is exactly what Trump wants.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:17 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,109,046 times
Well, if you see the rest of the world convinced he's full of it, you can be well assured that Bannon's reality distortion field doesn't extend beyond the white nationalists that are all clamoring to kiss his fat rear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies