Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 10:47 PM

8,497 posts, read 3,339,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Wow. You seem really rattled. Take a breath.

If its any consolation, in his interview last night, something which does not appear in the transcripts because apparently whatever was said as they walked around the oval office and the hallways wasn't put in the transcript, David Muir asked Trump how he felt when he was given the nuclear codes. I'm paraphrasing, but Trump said, "It was scary, very scary, but ......I'm ok with that because I know I would do the right thing."
You know, I get that about the guy and, too, sense the sincerity that drew many to him. Still think he's in over his head but ...

Old 01-26-2017, 10:56 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Poor libs. Getting more and more unhinged by the day
Poor Conservatives, getting more and more disconnected from reality every day.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:59 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Poor Conservatives, getting more and more disconnected from reality every day.

What reality? The so called reality that libs want? The reality where Trump is impeached? Every liberal prediction ended up being wrong so I don't need to really be afraid of that happening

Old 01-26-2017, 11:18 PM

8,497 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
go for the drink, it might ultimately kill your liver, but you wont be driven crazy by the rhetoric from the daily kos, and it tastes better as well.
Don't read the Daily Kos. Too biased for me. Note the name wasn't shown in the link but that I quite dutifully typed it into the text so the source would be clear. You're welcome. My taste in media pretty much follows Trump's: Morning Joe accompanied by the NYT and Washington Post. Just skip the New York Post.

While true enough that there WAS that 10-second moment when I saw the nuclear tweet, my bet remains that sanity will prevail. That said, surely there have been enough poor distraught snowflakes comments made to appreciate that many of "us" (Libs, not necessarily poor or distraught) ARE getting bombarded with forwarded texts, FB posts and the like. I saw a very wise comment by one poster that this election has been like no other with deep enduring reactions. He's right.

The Kos link was forwarded by an upset friend. Somewhat tired of always replying quite nicely back to so many such e-mails, texts (friend support) ... I decided to share the pain so to speak. If we liberals have to be seeing this stuff, so do the Trump supporters. (That is, should you choose to clink on the link.)

And look at the typical responses. Shoot the messenger. Shoot the message. Shoot the source. I tend to respond with a somewhat honest reflection whenever I sense something more than a jerk reaction in a comment. For it's always a plus when it gets more interesting than the formulaic. Unless, of course, it's a witty one-liner.

My final thoughts ...

The whistle blower does not exist and the WH is not in turmoil. (Fake news that happens to be wrong.) OR
The whistle blower does not exist but the WH IS in turmoil. (Fake news that happens to be right.) OR

The whistle blower exists and the WH is in turmoil. (And so, here, the fact that it appeared in an admittedly biased news source, the Daily Kos, is irrelevant.) OR

The whistle blower exists but the WH is not in turmoil. (So the guy is so out of the loop that he has no idea what's going on. Not fake news, but still wrong.)

Anyone and everyone is free to assign their probabilities according to their personal and political proclivities. Me, I'm off to bed.

Last edited by EveryLady; 01-27-2017 at 12:12 AM..

Old 01-26-2017, 11:40 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Just don't drink the Kool-Aid!
i prefer tequila myself, though these days i also drink hard orange and hard root beer as well.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:42 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What reality? The so called reality that libs want? The reality where Trump is impeached? Every liberal prediction ended up being wrong so I don't need to really be afraid of that happening
The reality where Trump is relying on a study that doesn't say what he says it says about illegal voting.

The reality where the inauguration numbers for some rich guy wasn't as high as the first black president ever.

The reality where its a bad idea for a political hack getting to decide what science is.

The reality where cutting off funding for sanctuary cities is actually against the 10th amendment

The reality where spending 15 billion or so on a wall is idiocy when similar results could be accomplished cheaper via mandatory everify, and making it a law that you can only rent to legal citizens, or those with a valid visa.

That reality.

I could go on. Which reality do you live in?

I didn't mention impeachment, but I suspect its a real possibility. And I think Paul Ryan will take out both Trump and Pence. No idea how he will manage Pence to be honest, but it would fit. Odds? 1 in 8. So not exactly really high.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:05 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times
even if this story is completely bogus, every alleged claim sounds exactly like what Trump would do, and that is scary.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:44 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The reality where Trump is relying on a study that doesn't say what he says it says about illegal voting.

The reality where the inauguration numbers for some rich guy wasn't as high as the first black president ever.

The reality where its a bad idea for a political hack getting to decide what science is.

The reality where cutting off funding for sanctuary cities is actually against the 10th amendment

The reality where spending 15 billion or so on a wall is idiocy when similar results could be accomplished cheaper via mandatory everify, and making it a law that you can only rent to legal citizens, or those with a valid visa.

That reality.

I could go on. Which reality do you live in?
Trump supporters are living in an alternative reality where they excuse Trump's clearly delusional behavior (Who calls for recount after they've been installed in the position?) because they think he's going to turn back the hands of time, and they are going to move to the front of the line and get one of those union-wage jobs for low-skilled labor that existed before automation, technology, and union-busting did away with those jobs.

All you have to do is listen to Kellyanne Conway and that Brietbart guy for ten minutes to know that a work environment with them calling the shots is bound to be demoralizing.

Add Trump with his ridiculous obsession over convincing everyone he had the largest crowd ever at his swearing-in ceremony and you don't need a whistleblower to know things are a mess in the West Wing.

Spicer looks like a hostage pushed in front of a camera. Kellyanne Conway is yammering on about "alternative facts," and the Breitbart guy is ranting about how the free press should just "keep it's mouth shut."

Old 01-27-2017, 04:53 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I'm a liberal who did not vote for Trump but honest to G*d I hoped for the best. Trump's early rhetoric about bridging the Congressional aisle made sense. He was a voice for the Rust Belt and those who have been overlooked by both parties. Unfortunately, the messenger isn't up to the message.

This may well be "fake news" and the source (Daily Kos) sure isn't up there on the unbiased index. Frankly, though, this may well be the state of affairs. Yellow showers no, this yes.

West Wing leaker goes dark after pulling back the curtain: Trump "irrational", staff "demoralized"

Highlights:

* Trump has no idea how to fix Obamacare. He still doesn't know what a high risk pool is.

* Trump wants to start leaking directly to wikileaks to corner opponents.

* Priebus wants to resign but Ryan so far has talked him out of it.

* There's no idea even how to begin to deal with the difficult terrain issues to build a wall between the US and Mexico.

* He has no interest in or ability to absorb factual background on issues that staff provides.
Fake news.

And rather pathetic at that.

Libs and Democrats desperate -- it's almost painful to watch.

On second thought, no, it's actually funny.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:09 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I'm a liberal who did not vote for Trump but honest to G*d I hoped for the best. Trump's early rhetoric about bridging the Congressional aisle made sense. He was a voice for the Rust Belt and those who have been overlooked by both parties. Unfortunately, the messenger isn't up to the message.

This may well be "fake news" and the source (Daily Kos) sure isn't up there on the unbiased index. Frankly, though, this may well be the state of affairs. Yellow showers no, this yes.

West Wing leaker goes dark after pulling back the curtain: Trump "irrational", staff "demoralized"

Highlights:

* Trump has no idea how to fix Obamacare. He still doesn't know what a high risk pool is.

* Trump wants to start leaking directly to wikileaks to corner opponents.

* Priebus wants to resign but Ryan so far has talked him out of it.

* There's no idea even how to begin to deal with the difficult terrain issues to build a wall between the US and Mexico.

* He has no interest in or ability to absorb factual background on issues that staff provides.
This is exactly what everyone who has dealt with him personally said about him before the election -- for years before he even announced his candidacy in fact -- so yep, this is probably quite accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies