U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2017, 08:06 AM
 
Location: My House
34,516 posts, read 28,801,967 times
Reputation: 25485

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I watched that interview and absolutely do not think Trump is a nut job.

Now if you want to actually address anything he said in that interview that would support your point of view, then please bring it on. I'll be glad to debate it with you.
Just one small example (there are others, but since you wanted something specific)...

He said hardly nobody talks about 9/11 anymore.

What planet has he been on? Because that is really a constant. People throw up the "Never Forget" memes on social media yearly. It's not like nobody talks about it.

Another example:

He sat right there and said that 3 million people voted illegally, but once we study it we'll see that NONE of them voted for him.

He has absolutely no evidence to back this up and even if he does find some voter fraud (there will no doubt be some amount, but not anything like 3 million... which, oddly, is the amount by which Clinton leads him in the popular vote tallies)... there will HAVE to be at least SOME votes for him. We've seen more than one news report of Trump voters who voted twice so it's pretty ridiculous to say that you won't find a single, solitary person in this country who didn't vote illegally FOR Trump.

Another example:

He thinks the whole world is angry. This is subjective, but a weird thing for a President to say.

Sure, there are some angry people in the world, but there are some happy ones in the world, too. He paints such a terribly bleak picture of humanity that this is alarming.

He rambles on about photos of crowds. He won. He was inaugurated. Why can he not let this issue go? I'm sorry, but I know people who live in DC and were there because they attend inaugurals every time and the crowd photos are accurate.

People can spin it however they like, but he drew smaller crowds. I do not personally care and I don't think the news media cared except on inauguration day, but he keeps harping on it like a lunatic.

Who cares???

Also... Ivanka is very smart... she's very special...

Umm... does he have no clue what qualities his own daughter might bring to the White House if she stepped into a role of some sort? Sounds like he just wants to be surrounded by family he trusts and not like he has any sort of plan regarding what they can actually bring to the table.

He's a mess. A hot, sloppy mess.

His vocabulary is minuscule. He rambles, sometimes incoherently.

Why anyone thinks he comes across poised is beyond me unless they spend all their time talking to senior citizens who are mentally on the decline.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-27-2017, 08:07 AM
 
Location: East Lansing, MI
8,723 posts, read 7,928,007 times
Reputation: 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
...Muir seemed obsessed with the inauguration crowd size BS and the election fraud stuff...


Uh, probably because both things have been claimed by Trump with zero evidence to back up the claims? Why would a journalist NOT bring it up?




Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2017, 08:08 AM
 
Location: AZ
2,036 posts, read 3,204,795 times
Reputation: 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
How anyone could have viewed that interview and does not think Trump is a nut job is beyond me. The man can't put a coherent sentence together.
I know what you mean.

[vimeo]169033144[/vimeo]
[vimeo]169033144[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/169033144
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2017, 08:15 AM
 
Location: My House
34,516 posts, read 28,801,967 times
Reputation: 25485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
I know what you mean.

[vimeo]169033144[/vimeo]
[vimeo]169033144[/vimeo]
[vimeo]169033144[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/169033144
Because there are so many of those floating around.

If you thought Obama was usually incoherent in speeches, I can only assume this means a trip to the Merriam-Webster website is warranted.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2017, 08:35 AM
 
Location: AZ
2,036 posts, read 3,204,795 times
Reputation: 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Because there are so many of those floating around.

If you thought Obama was usually incoherent in speeches, I can only assume this means a trip to the Merriam-Webster website is warranted.
Which proves my point that Obama is a babbling idiot and you just admitted there are so many videos like this floating around.

Lets face it, all you libs already have it in your heads that everything Trump will do is going to be wrong. You'll defend every dumb thing O has done/said like giving Palestine 221 million on his way out. Where's the outcry for this just throwing away a few hundred more million? We all know where you'd be if Trump did this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2017, 08:42 AM
 
39,995 posts, read 24,253,880 times
Reputation: 12580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Which proves my point that Obama is a babbling idiot and you just admitted there are so many videos like this floating around.

Lets face it, all you libs already have it in your heads that everything Trump will do is going to be wrong. You'll defend every dumb thing O has done/said like giving Palestine 221 million on his way out. Where's the outcry for this just throwing away a few hundred more million? We all know where you'd be if Trump did this!
Congress gave Palestine $221 million. They earmarked that money some time ago, but the disbursement was blocked by a Congressman who was holding it up to get leverage on a separate issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2017, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Steeler Nation
6,868 posts, read 3,930,345 times
Reputation: 1596

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkHa2-c_8Pk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2017, 08:44 AM
 
44,352 posts, read 17,716,609 times
Reputation: 18666
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Just one small example (there are others, but since you wanted something specific)...

He said hardly nobody talks about 9/11 anymore.

What planet has he been on? Because that is really a constant. People throw up the "Never Forget" memes on social media yearly. It's not like nobody talks about it.

Another example:
OK I'll respond back using this specific example.

Hardly nobody (what you said Trump said) /= not at all (what you said)

Furthermore this was a minuscule part of that interview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2017, 08:58 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,670,313 times
Reputation: 16593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
I know what you mean.

[vimeo]169033144[/vimeo]
[vimeo]169033144[/vimeo]
[vimeo]169033144[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/169033144
You might have a point if Obama didn't present thousands of other speeches in a very eloquent manner. You are really reaching here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2017, 09:40 AM
 
Location: One of the 13 original colonies.
10,136 posts, read 6,462,205 times
Reputation: 7984
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well yeah, to his supporters but not the rest of us. We don't want a liar in chief which is exactly what he is. Muir was trying to get the truth out of him, how was that entrapment.



Apparently you do if you voted for Hillary. Hillary told lies every time she opened her mouth. Don't be hypocritical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top