Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 08:48 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,803,645 times

Advertisements

Any rollback on LGBT progress could be undone in the next administration. Destroying our environment, crippling our economy, and destroying our standing in the world and our relationships with other countries cannot be undone.

Would Pence really be as bad as they say? Even though me and him are at the total opposite end of the spectrum on LGBT rights, I think a Pence administration might bring a sigh of relief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 08:57 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,343 times
I'm ready to just give it over to Pence more and more everyday. Anyone's better than who we got now. I'm very pro-LGBT so I feel bad that they would have to be subjected to him but at least this way it would be one incident so it would be easier to take care of. Although isn't he against abortion too? Still I think we could make it...
He seems to have more of a level head at least on the things that could lead to actual danger so miles apart from Trump.

I'm not even sure if he's going to input conversion therapy anyway. Apparently that was a misquote that he supported it? It is possible. As much as I love the gays, sometimes they can get oversensitive.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I'm ready to just give it over to Pence more and more everyday. Anyone's better than who we got now. I'm very pro-LGBT so I feel bad that they would have to be subjected to him but at least this way it would be one incident so it would be easier to take care of. Although isn't he against abortion too? Still I think we could make it...
He seems to have more of a level head at least on the things that could lead to actual danger so miles apart from Trump.

I'm not even sure if he's going to input conversion therapy anyway. Apparently that was a misquote that he supported it? It is possible. As much as I love the gays, sometimes they can get oversensitive.
I agree.

Pence would be more like Bush I believe, but likely without the warmongering (which would be a plus). For most people, life would continue as normal as it did under Bush.

As for conversion therapy, that quote was from 2000 which was quite a long time ago and society attitudes towards LGBT people were quite different then. Also, less was known about whether or not homosexuality was "curable." At this point, I would be willing to live under a pro-conversion therapy President than one who threatens the very existence of the country I love.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:03 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post

"Sometimes they can get over sensitive"...really----
How would you feel if someone wanted to reprogram you from your sexual orientation because it's God's Plan???

The only positive I can say about Pence is that he is not dilusional like Trump--he is just excessively religion, believes that women have no right to decide about their own bodies, believes that Christianity should be the religion of the world and likely would back a political/military agenda to achieve that...
So maybe he is delusional, too...

Old 01-26-2017, 09:05 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Maybe this was the Republican plan all along. Let us get a taste of a dangerous imbecile in the White House and we will be begging for a President Pence.

Never in a million years thought I'd hear myself say it, but after one week of Trump I would welcome Mike Pence. (And I just made myself sick by admitting that.)

Old 01-26-2017, 09:05 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,014 times
He'd be like any other Republican. He's more or less president, really. I, to be very frank, fully expect to see Trump impeached by the Republican congress. To them, Trump is just a useful idiot. Once he's served his purpose, they need to get him out of there. Considering how often he lies, all they really need to do is get him under oath and give him a microphone. God knows the Democrats in congress won't stop this process. Pence will almost certainly take the presidency, possibly within the next 4 years. Sort of depends on how things go.

As for how bad he'd be, I think he'd be what we'd all expect.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
As for how bad he'd be, I think he'd be what we'd all expect.
We might have to deal with a national "religious freedom" bill, but that is small potatoes compared to what could potentially happen under Trump.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:10 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,014,130 times
So everyone..... How will that occur? Let's hear all the possibilities!

Are you guys thinking impeachment, or something a little more violent?.....

After all, that's what this thread is getting at, right?.....

Old 01-26-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
So everyone..... How will that occur? Let's hear all the possibilities!

Are you guys thinking impeachment, or something a little more violent?.....
Impeachment...or Trump being so in over his head he resigns (unfortunately he probably doesn't have the dignity to do that in such a situation).

When a President acts like a dictator, impeachment should be on the table. Judging by Trump's first week, it will be just a matter of time before he commits an impeachable offense, especially if he leaks information to Wikileaks to try to punish his adversaries.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:14 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,696,519 times
One benefit of Trump over Pence is that a Trump presidency will be chaotic and that might result in fewer Republican initiatives being passed. Every day brings a new lie or another stupid idea from Trump. Then Congress has to scramble to back away from him without saying he's a complete dumbass. I could also see Trump getting in a snit at something Paul Ryan did or said and vetoing something out of spite. It will just be one upset after another. And that's not counting the lawsuits and scandals that are sure to come.

A Pence presidency would be much more deliberate in its efforts to enact Republican legislation. But at least Pence appears to be sane and understand the seriousness of the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies