Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 08:31 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Wow, talk about irony. Democrat groups have been rioting, looting, protesting, shutting down interstate highways and threatening to "blow up the White House," all before Trump was even sworn in as the president. The looney left did not even wait for "when Trump actually acts on ANY issue" as president.

So which is it with the lunatics on the left? Will they protest over what they think Trump might do as president, or are they going to wait until after he acts on an issue by signing it into law, and then support or object to his actions?

What is it with the apparently blind to reality Trumpies who act as if he's actually acted on this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 08:32 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Seein' is believin'. Ain't seen nothin' yet. But we'll see. See?

Old 01-27-2017, 08:32 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
That hasn't stopped him so far. He's signed all sorts of EO that require action from Congress.

This would up his support and have a positive impact on the carnage caused by prohibition of marijuana which has worked out about as well as the prohibition of alcohol.
I don't know. I think he likes the idea of locking people up.

Actually, he told Duterte that the Philipino way is the right way, which is to murder drug users.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:33 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He enforces the law, and will enforce the current law until changed. Given his anti-pot stance, he will likely close shops in CO etc
This is not his issue but one caused by the Obama admin turning a blind eye, Holder and Lynch should have been enforcing these laws for the very reason we are having this discussion. It's not the AG's prerogative to pick and choose what laws to enforce, why bother having a Congress? You now have a letter of the law AG and he's left holding the bag.....

In any event I loved his answer, it shows he has respect for the laws whatever they may be.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:34 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
We could use the empty prisons for indoor growing. The tax could help rebuild the poor communities, and lower federal income tax.
We still will have rapists and murders to house but for locking up non-violent pot offenders I'm in!
Most people I know who smoke pot are non-violent hardworking individuals who pay their taxes too ...more than I can say about Al Sharpton and most of the liberal Hollywood crowd.We can lower federal taxes by reducing the federal government and giving the states more responsibility and power to do what the Founding Father's wanted.
Read Jefferson and be enlightened on the roll of the federal government verses the rights of the individual and the states of the union.With more federal government you lessen the liberty of all.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:35 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbdowndemocrats View Post
we still will have rapists and murders to house but for locking up non-violent pot offenders i'm in!
Most people i know who smoke pot are non-violent hardworking individuals who pay their taxes too ...more than i can say about al sharpton and most of the liberal hollywood crowd.we can lower federal taxes by reducing the federal government and giving the states more responsibility and power to do what the founding father's wanted.
Read jefferson and be enlightened on the roll of the federal government verses the rights of the individual and the states of the union.with more federal government you lessen the liberty of all.
+1

Old 01-27-2017, 08:36 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
I'll believe it when I see it, but if Trump does this, he will gain a few points in my book.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:37 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The president said so himself. Now his AG says Congress should pass a legalization law. And finally, the potential head of the FDA is a legalization supporter.

So now what are the "Trump will outlaw pot" crybabies going to say?

How about we all wait and see what happens instead of getting our panties in a wad over what might happen?

----------------

“The United States Congress has made the possession of marijuana in every state, and distribution of it, an illegal act,” Sen. Sessions testified. “If that’s something is not desired any longer, Congress should pass a law to change the rule.”

Trump Attorney General Pick Says Congress Needs To Legalize Cannabis

Sean Spicer, President Donald Trump’s Press Secretary, has confirmed previous reports that Jim O’Neil is being considered to lead the Food and Drug Administration.

O’Neil is not only a strong supporter of legalizing marijuana, he has actively worked towards it as a Board of Directors member for the Coalition for Cannabis Policy Reform, which helped legalized cannabis in California.

Trump Administration Confirms Marijuana Legalization Advocate Being Considered to Head FDA - TheJointBlog

Good now he should legalize all drugs. And it would be better if the government was hands off and didn't tax it. Just leave it up to the market

Old 01-27-2017, 08:37 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Wow, talk about irony. Democrat groups have been rioting, looting, protesting, shutting down interstate highways and threatening to "blow up the White House," all before Trump was even sworn in as the president. The looney left did not even wait for "when Trump actually acts on ANY issue" as president.

So which is it with the lunatics on the left? Will they protest over what they think Trump might do as president, or are they going to wait until after he acts on an issue by signing it into law, and then support or object to his actions?
Hold on we didn't vote for the guy who insists that he is the most popular president who had the biggest crowd ever. ( both unproven)
That would be you non thinkers who refused to believe that he was a self centered blowhard, know it all.

He's your guy to defend.

BTW I didn't riot, protest or threaten to blow up the white house.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:41 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I'll believe it when I see it, but if Trump does this, he will gain a few points in my book.
And mine. This is long overdue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies