Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 07:50 AM

25,777 posts, read 16,394,630 times

Advertisements

Makes me wonder exactly what Obama did to waste away his days in between vacation.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 07:54 AM

40,929 posts, read 48,922,470 times
Trump treats the job as a CEO / Businessman and very few can keep up his pace. Obama treated it like a spoiled Politician (which not a bad thing for the US) who worked 9-5. Obama was clueless in how to get things done. They don't teach that in college.

Hopefully Trump takes some time this weekend to rest so he can do it all again next week.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:00 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,548,776 times
For Obama it was just a job. He couldn't wait to play golf or travel around and meet the dictators who shared his ideology to make America weak.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:02 AM

50,101 posts, read 46,680,078 times
Golf channel?

Old 01-27-2017, 08:04 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,008,781 times
Considering that Obama was saddled with a worthless obstructionist Tea Party / Republican Congress for 6 out of 8 years, it is grossly hypocritical to complain that he "didn't get things done." People seem to be confusing the president with a king or tyrant who simply issues orders and makes things happen. Of course, considering how many people voted for Trump with the intent of electing a tyrant, this is not surprising.

Also, keep in mind that many of the things Trump has "gotten done" aren't actually much of anything yet, and others are simply "feel good" and "hate thy neighbor" crap, like banning immigrants from certain nations, that are easily implemented but which accomplish absolutely nothing of value.

Don't confuse action with progress: Trump is great on action and creating a show, but as his track record has proven, about the only "progress" you can expect from him is the lining of his pockets and those of his cronies at the expense of the American people.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:07 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,008,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
For Obama it was just a job. He couldn't wait to play golf or travel around and meet the dictators who shared his ideology to make America weak.
I love insane, fact-free posts like what this guy posted. The economy recovered by all measurable and objective standards under Obama, and he didn't do anything to "make America weak." Don't worry - we still bombed plenty of brown people, since to Republicans, that's a measure of how strong "'merica!" is. Oh, and we killed Osama, that guy who your bubbling stooge Bush couldn't find for 7 friggin' years.

Put down the right-wing, hate media crack pipe, read some facts, and get with it.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:14 AM

2,202 posts, read 4,307,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Considering that Obama was saddled with a worthless obstructionist Tea Party / Republican Congress for 6 out of 8 years, it is grossly hypocritical to complain that he "didn't get things done." People seem to be confusing the president with a king or tyrant who simply issues orders and makes things happen. Of course, considering how many people voted for Trump with the intent of electing a tyrant, this is not surprising.

Also, keep in mind that many of the things Trump has "gotten done" aren't actually much of anything yet, and others are simply "feel good" and "hate thy neighbor" crap, like banning immigrants from certain nations, that are easily implemented but which accomplish absolutely nothing of value.

Don't confuse action with progress: Trump is great on action and creating a show, but as his track record has proven, about the only "progress" you can expect from him is the lining of his pockets and those of his cronies at the expense of the American people.
"Considering that Obama was saddled with a worthless obstructionist Tea Party / Republican Congress for 6 out of 8 years, it is grossly hypocritical to complain that he "didn't get things done."

What I find most hypocritical is that some complain he "didn't get things done" but they didn't want the things he wanted to "get done". So, they're complaining he didn't succeed in doing the things they didn't want done in the first place!

Old 01-27-2017, 08:17 AM

25,777 posts, read 16,394,630 times
It's just amazing to see these do nothing government workers heads spinning by the pace of someone who knows how to work and get things done.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:18 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,109,046 times
I guess that Obama should've sat around signing the highest number of EOs in recent memory, angering his constituents, and debating crowd sizes with the media while sending his flunkies out repeatedly to lie for him, then?

I would rather have heard very little from Trump this week.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:20 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,109,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It's just amazing to see these do nothing government workers heads spinning by the pace of someone who knows how to work and get things done.
WHAT HAS HE DONE??

Legitimately, what?

I mean, signing all this stuff is fairly meaningless. He's not "in charge" of anything but the Executive Branch, just like all the other presidents before him.

Most of the stuff he's done will be undone.

It's just him trying to dazzle his supporters.

Look at me!

Look how "hard" I work!

I hope he didn't get writer's cramp or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies