Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 10:56 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post

What military would that be exactly?
The California Navy, of course. It consists of Steven Spielberg's yacht (which will head to Singapore immediately upon commencement of hostilities), a couple of garbage scows and a 1961 Edsel submerged in the Santa Catalina Channel. Truly a force to be reckoned with.

The U.S. isn't going to let CA take anything owned by the U.S., so all the military bases, personnel and hardware remain as U.S. assets, along with about 1/8th of the land mass of the state formerly known as California. That includes the naval assets at San Diego, which will be used to blockade the California coast, preventing any possibility of resupply from CA's newest bestest friend, Red China, once they sink the garbage scows, that is. From the Singapore harbor, Spielberg sends Gov. Moonbeam his regrets by text message, saying, "It's been nice knowin' ya, Moonie! Wish you were here! Good luck with that siege thingy!"

After that, of course, it's a fairly simple measure to blockade surface access into CA and interdict power sources running into CA from the north and east. Arizona will take this opportunity to requisition CA's share of water from the Colorado River, leaving southern CA very dry and very thirsty.

Net result: In six weeks, 1,000 people a day will be dying in shootouts at gas stations over the few drops of fuel that remain within CA's borders. Angry over water management policies that have diverted trillions of gallons of fresh water that could otherwise have been used to sustain a parched population into the oceans, enraged mobs lock the members of the State Assembly inside the capitol building in Sacramento and torch it, immolating all inside. In 180 days, having been reduced to a piteous state of atavistic savagery, cannibalism will become the primary source of nutrition for the besieged population remaining in California.

Frankly...it's pretty clear that the Calexit folks haven't gamed this out very thoroughly. Not very thoroughly at all. Heh, heh...heh, heh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 11:37 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
Can New York join California? Pretty please? I'm sure all the deplorables will be thrilled to get rid of CA and NY, and the feeling is mutual.

All the people in Mississippi and West Virginia and Indiana can have their own Jesusland and ban immigrants and Muslims and blacks and abortion and free press, and the "coastal elites" or whatever you want to call them can prioritize science and logic and entrepreneurship and American ideals. Everyone's then happy, no?

I'm completely serious. I think this is worth considering, for both sides.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:37 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Can New York join California? Pretty please? I'm sure all the deplorables will be thrilled to get rid of CA and NY, and the feeling is mutual.

All the people in Mississippi and West Virginia and Indiana can have their own Jesusland and ban immigrants and Muslims and blacks and abortion and free press, and the "coastal elites" or whatever you want to call them can prioritize science and logic and entrepreneurship and American ideals. Everyone's then happy, no?

I'm completely serious. I think this is worth considering, for both sides.

National divorce is looming, hopefully it is amicable. We had a not so amicable trial separation in 1861-1865 which resulted in one partner beating the other into submission. Our divisions in this nation are very serious right here in 2017, all of this...California secession, riots etc, all of it is serious and very worrisome for this nations future.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:08 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
National divorce is looming, hopefully it is amicable. We had a not so amicable trial separation in 1861-1865 which resulted in one partner beating the other into submission. Our divisions in this nation are very serious right here in 2017, all of this...California secession, riots etc, all of it is serious and very worrisome for this nations future.
It will be at least as amicable as the Civil War.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:14 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It will be at least as amicable as the Civil War.

When the urban dwellers defeated the rural folkters.

Let's hope history repeats itself.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:42 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
What brexit threads?

First of all, 1 in 3 Californians now favor secession. That's startling! If aggression from the Trump administration intensifies, finding people willing to take up arms to defend their families and their homes wont be hard.

The potentially most powerful war machine in the country is also the most anti-trump. 72% of Silicon Valley voted against Donald Trump and their dislike of him has only increased since election day.

California has the resources and man power to mount a very powerful military rather quickly.

Actually the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

I am also quite saddened at the thought that our beautiful country might be damaged beyond repair. The hate this time just might be too much to brush under the rug.
Be real careful there; MOST US Armed Forces IN Calif will place LA and the SF bay area under martial law and, your kind can't fight back cause of no weapons. Too, most of the different LE agencies will back up martial law till the "leaders" are taken out.

Like I said before: Mexico or China wouldn't dare step in because that would mean full on war.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:48 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Secessionists formally launch quest for California's independence - LA Times

California has frequently tried to seced over the years but they might just get enough votes to do it now using Trump to fuel the cause.

"Supporters of a plan for California to secede from the union took their first formal step Monday morning, submitting a proposed ballot measure to the state attorney general’s office in the hopes of a statewide vote as soon as 2018."

They say Californians are culturally different from the rest of the country, and that national media and organizations routinely criticize Californians for being out of step with the rest of the U.S.

^I knew they'd try this again after Trump won. They are always trying to leave.
The southern states tried this -- didn't work out very well for them.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:56 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Agree.
I am really wondering if a Calexit is the solution. Let them go. They don't want to live like the rest of the country.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:58 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
What brexit threads?

First of all, 1 in 3 Californians now favor secession. That's startling! If aggression from the Trump administration intensifies, finding people willing to take up arms to defend their families and their homes wont be hard.

The potentially most powerful war machine in the country is also the most anti-trump. 72% of Silicon Valley voted against Donald Trump and their dislike of him has only increased since election day.

California has the resources and man power to mount a very powerful military rather quickly.

Actually the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

I am also quite saddened at the thought that our beautiful country might be damaged beyond repair. The hate this time just might be too much to brush under the rug.

Most of that hate is coming from the crybaby left who is unable to accept the results of the election

Old 01-29-2017, 05:03 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
"Quickly" and immediatly is not the same thing. California would be subdude before they could raise a military.
Not with Tom Cruise as General.

Can you imagine the rag tag Military coming out of CA. The San Francisco Military Gay Parade would be worth the price of admission.

3 cowboys out of West Tx could take down their whole Army. I hurt myself laughing at the thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies