Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you on Mexico's side or America's side??
Mexico 36 17.56%
America 169 82.44%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 01:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,828,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Then you are free to find like-mined people and supplement your incomes by picking lettuce.
Please prove it that NO illegal aliens in the US would jump food prices all that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 01:53 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,648,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
"You are either with us, or you are with the terrorists" -George W Bush

Only conservatives and the ignorant speak in absolutes
Reminds me of those "no tolerance" policies in schools. They are meant for folks who have zero critical thinking abilities.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:54 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,869,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Since when did this suddenly become a thing? Trump has started all this America vs Mexico nonsense and that's why Mexico has been defensive lately...and rightfully so

it's not so much "pick a side" as it is "Trump is a moron."
Exactly this. Trump forced the Mexican president's hand, and the president told Trump to take a hike. Trump is not God and he's not everyone's boss. I say good for President Nieto for standing up to him.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:54 PM

25,641 posts, read 21,807,090 times
Why would I be on Mexico's side if I am an American? I don't hire illegal employees, don't use the illegal drugs brought into the country, see both disabled Americans and older Americans having benefits cut to finance the ever growing illegal alien population, watching Americans trying to make a living and being replaced by illegal aliens in both blue and white collar jobs, flood our market with produce when we have our own grown within proper guidelines...........realize that Mexico encourages their citizens to come to USA illegally: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/06/wo...n-us.html?_r=0

Now why the heck would I be on Mexico's side? Anyone that supports Mexico, needs to apply for citizenship. I would discourage anyone from illegally entering their country as their penalties are very stiff on illegal aliens in their country!

Old 01-27-2017, 01:56 PM

68,279 posts, read 54,049,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I am definitely on America's side.

And just what do you mean by that? Should we continue to go easy on the Americans who hire cheap illegal labor, the ones who actually create the problem?

Old 01-27-2017, 02:00 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,828,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Unfortunately Mexico is in a tough position. Most of the country is very impoverished. Poverty easily leads to corruption. And actually, corruption often leads to poverty. Imagine what the US would look like if 90% of it was just like Detroit.

We should feel sorry for the people who are born in Mexico and have to live in poverty.
I DON'T feel sorry for Mexico or the rest of LatAm at all. I say that cause Poland was torn to pieces about 1940 and it has blown past ANY LatAm country in wealth and rule of law. NO LatAm country has suffered with any kind of real war in 100 years.

If Poland can rise up from pretty much being burnt to the ground AND dealing with commies till about 25 years ago; why not LatAm including Mexico?

Old 01-27-2017, 02:14 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,032,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Try Costa Rica or Panama.
I've heard good things from expats about both.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:15 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,210,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I am definitely on America's side.
What's your end goal with this question?

Old 01-27-2017, 02:17 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,586,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Since when did this suddenly become a thing? Trump has started all this America vs Mexico nonsense and that's why Mexico has been defensive lately...and rightfully so

it's not so much "pick a side" as it is "Trump is a moron."
If Mexico was so great, you'd think immigrants would stop and live there but they don't.

Did it ever occur to you that Mexico should be doing something so their own citizens are safe? Instead they let these people kill innocent people, rape women, demand a passage fee on their way to the U.S. You obviously support it too.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:17 PM

296 posts, read 231,049 times
Mexico is not a good neighbor. Unwilling to do anything to stop the flow of illegal immigrants into this county. We are not getting their doctors and scientists, but the poorest of the poor. Mexico doesn't want them, so I guess they figure, 'good riddance" - but hey, they sure do protect their southern border from the poor trying to get into Mexico.

Hypocrites!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies