U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you LOVE about Donald Trump?
He wants to return jobs to the USA. 70 63.06%
He wants to negotiate better trade deals. 64 57.66%
He is not reliant on donor money. 51 45.95%
He is transparent and says what's on his mind. 56 50.45%
He is not a puppet to manipulate. 55 49.55%
He stands up for the Middle Class Blue Collar worker. 55 49.55%
He is diplomatic. 18 16.22%
He is successful in business. 49 44.14%
He is a great negotiator. 48 43.24%
He has sound morals. 23 20.72%
His policies are spot on. 47 42.34%
He truly cares about this country. 64 57.66%
He says what he means and he means what he says. 58 52.25%
He and Kellyanne Conway are Dynomite together! 28 25.23%
He is not a Quitter. 50 45.05%
He has a beautiful, successful family-I truly wish him well. 43 38.74%
He is a more natural and fun-loving guy. 29 26.13%
He is not your ordinary politician. 70 63.06%
He has a sound immigration policy. 64 57.66%
Latinos and African-Americans love him. 20 18.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 06:41 PM

9,844 posts, read 11,872,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If Blacks loved Trump so much, why did he only get 8 percent of the Black vote?
You are correct, only 8% of blacks voted for Trump but it seems more black males voted for Trump than black females.

This: So how did African-Americans vote in the 2016 election? Despite President Obama telling black voters that he would take it as a "personal insult" if they didn't cast their ballot for Hillary Clinton, 2016 black voters didn't get behind behind Clinton the same way they did Obama, with Clinton earning 88% of their vote (to Trump's 8%) as compared to Obama's 93% in 2012. That being said, the overwhelming majority of African-Americans did show their support by voting for Clinton, particularly as compared to white Americans, who ultimately won Trump election by giving him 58% of the white vote. Surprisingly, more black females voted for Clinton than black males (only 80%).

Trump was elected president, despite almost every poll predicting a slamdunk win for his Democratic competitor Hillary Clinton. While there are many reasons behind Trump's sudden upswell of support, many have pointed to Hillary's failure to draw in as many African-American and non-white voters as President Obama did in 2008 and 2012.

https://mic.com/articles/159402/here...ion#.EwqlIVzE0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 06:43 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,101,637 times
That he does what he says. And follows through None of this talking outside both sides of his mouth and not following through on anything.. And is for the people who ELECT HIM. Americans. He has American's best interest in mind. Not China's, Mexico's or the middle east.

Already looking like one of the greatest presidents ever. Hope he gets re-elected.

I love everything about the guy. He's not bought and paid for. He's a true man.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:43 PM

19,649 posts, read 14,616,616 times
I think the guy is a loon but the main reason I voted for him was because he's not Obama/Clinton. He didn't have the IRS investigate his rivals, he didn't depose the President of Libya, He didn't try to depose the President of Syria, he didnt trade deserters for Terrorist, he didnt demonize and alienate our police departments, etc.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:44 PM

9,844 posts, read 11,872,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
That he does what he says. And follows through None of this talking outside both of his mouth and not following through on anything.. And is for the people who ELECT HIM. Americans. He has American's best interest in mind. Not China's, Mexico's or the middle east.

Already looking like one of the greatest presidents ever. Hope he gets re-elected.

I love everything about the guy.

Beautifully Spoken!

Old 01-28-2017, 07:04 PM

2,696 posts, read 1,879,090 times
The guy is fun to listen to and watch. I'll give him that.

We have never had such an entertaining President before. But he is a professional entertainer so that shouldn't be a surprise.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:23 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 2 days ago)

47,627 posts, read 45,275,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
You are correct, only 8% of blacks voted for Trump but it seems more black males voted for Trump than black females.

This: So how did African-Americans vote in the 2016 election? Despite President Obama telling black voters that he would take it as a "personal insult" if they didn't cast their ballot for Hillary Clinton, 2016 black voters didn't get behind behind Clinton the same way they did Obama, with Clinton earning 88% of their vote (to Trump's 8%) as compared to Obama's 93% in 2012. That being said, the overwhelming majority of African-Americans did show their support by voting for Clinton, particularly as compared to white Americans, who ultimately won Trump election by giving him 58% of the white vote. Surprisingly, more black females voted for Clinton than black males (only 80%).

Trump was elected president, despite almost every poll predicting a slamdunk win for his Democratic competitor Hillary Clinton. While there are many reasons behind Trump's sudden upswell of support, many have pointed to Hillary's failure to draw in as many African-American and non-white voters as President Obama did in 2008 and 2012.

https://mic.com/articles/159402/here...ion#.EwqlIVzE0
The Black voter turnout was relatively low. I suspect a large part of the non-voters were Black males. It isn't that Black men loved Donald Trump. If this was the case, more Black men would have voted for him, to the tune of around 50 percent. Trump won because alot of non-voters.

Anyone who says "Blacks love Donald Trump" is telling a lie.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:37 PM

10,153 posts, read 7,721,989 times
He says it how it is. Isn't afraid to speak his mind. He is a real person. Obama played the game really well and faked it just so he would please everyone. I like the guy, don't get me wrong, but you have to be honest in life.

P.S. Not sure why blacks are so riled up hating on Trump. I mean, I understand why some Mexicans or Latinos have a problem with him, but blacks? He hasn't said anything "bad" about blacks, last time I checked. So I don't get it.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:53 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 2 days ago)

47,627 posts, read 45,275,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
He says it how it is. Isn't afraid to speak his mind. He is a real person. Obama played the game really well and faked it just so he would please everyone. I like the guy, don't get me wrong, but you have to be honest in life.

P.S. Not sure why blacks are so riled up hating on Trump. I mean, I understand why some Mexicans or Latinos have a problem with him, but blacks? He hasn't said anything "bad" about blacks, last time I checked. So I don't get it.
Is Donald Trump Racist? 15 Controversial Quotes President-Elect Said About Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Asians And Obama

Old 01-28-2017, 08:11 PM

30,392 posts, read 20,039,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You also forgot None of the Above.

Can you post a clip of him laughing? Have never seen that. Not his fake smiling, PR smiling, or Taco Bowl smiling, not making fun of people. Really honest laughing.

No sense of humor at all.

The one and only time I saw him actually laugh is at a joke Hillary cracked at the Al Smith Dinner.

Otherwise nada.

Trump is usually the one making other people laugh.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:14 PM

6,822 posts, read 5,128,356 times
This nation has been going down the tubes, has been living off a false credit-based economy based on consumerism, etc etc.

I could write you a book.

To pick on thing on that list is not being honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or