U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 02:22 PM

29,070 posts, read 15,309,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Wow- this must be why Texas has the most uninsured residents of any state, falls far behind MA. in education and other factors, and relies on digging more holes in the ground for "wealth".

If Texas is so good and efficient, why do they need so many illegal immigrants to do all their dirty work?

"Texas ranked last nationally for health care access and affordability"

Yeah, great job! Shows how those with the most (oil, land, resources)...end up with the least, that's an amazing accomplishment.

Maybe someday you can move ahead of being resource dependent (old economies) and come into the future with education, health care, environment and other such measurements which are 21th century. For the suffering people I surely hope so.

Texas ranked last nationally for health care access and affordability - San Antonio Express-News

FYI. Digging in swamps with skyscrapers already built over them and civilization surrounding differs from sagebrush and tumbleweed.
Put up a wall and deport the illegals and Texas immediately jumps up in all those rankings.

Do you think we'll educated people with insurance and excellent healthcare are illegally entering Texas?

If your personal household has median income of $80,000, what happens to that median income if two homeless people move into your house?

In Texas, even the kids who don't speak any English count on our testing scores.

Do you need someone from Texas to dumb it down for you any further?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 02:23 PM

16,704 posts, read 9,068,315 times
Digging multiple underground highways under a major city and a harbor is more complicated than a wall of metal and concrete.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Do you know how easy it will be for a couple of Mexicans armed with shovels to dig a tunnel under the Trump wall?

Talk about expensive boondoggle that can be easily defeated by a $10 shovel. The Trump Border Wall is the most moronic idea ever!
Hopefully, you won't be building the wall.

If I'm building the wall, you have a five foot trench the prefab wall drops into.

Good luck to those two guys with shovels. The plane will spot them long before they are on the other side.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:33 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,038,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Responses
  • Thank for your opinion of yourself. It's irrelevant, however.
  • If MA is so great, why are so many people moving from the state to the extent that it is losing electoral votes?
1) I'm from Boston, while you are not, and I lived through the Big Dig. It has nothing to do with my "opinion" of myself.

2) Boston increased its population last year, and is the 10th largest metropolitan city in the country.

Imagine Boston 2030 | The City of Boston is experiencing phenomenal growth.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:35 PM

9,832 posts, read 7,649,774 times
The flimsy, laughably penetrable 700 mile fence we currently have now? It cost $3.9 million per mile to build.

$15 billion? Yeah, and the Iraq War will only cost us $60 billion, isn't that right, Mr Rumseld?

Old 01-27-2017, 02:35 PM

4,023 posts, read 3,256,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Hopefully, you won't be building the wall.

If I'm building the wall, you have a five foot trench the prefab wall drops into.

Good luck to those two guys with shovels. The plane will spot them long before they are on the other side.

LMAO. Its very hard to spot people on the ground from a fast-moving airplane even in the daytime. But its pretty much impossible at night. To avoid possible detection from the air they can simply go over the wall at night. You're going to need hundreds of planes in the air at all times to cover such a large area. Good luck with that.

Even if you spot someone from the air going over the wall what can you do? Go in for a landing in the middle of nowhere to arrest them? Are you going to build hundreds of airplane landing strips along the wall? LOL.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:39 PM

44,344 posts, read 17,721,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
1) I'm from Boston, while you are not, and I lived through the Big Dig. It has nothing to do with my "opinion" of myself.

2) Boston increased its population last year, and is the 10th largest metropolitan city in the country.
  • Again you opinion of yourself is irrelevant.
  • Your metric was states, not city. (Boston is 23rd) MA dropped from being the 14th largest state by population in 2010 to 15th largest in 2015 according to US Census. It was surpassed by Arizona and soon even Tennessee will be larger. This speaks for itself.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
LMAO. Its very hard to spot people on the ground from a fast-moving airplane even in the daytime. But its pretty much impossible at night. To avoid possible detection from the air they can simply go over the wall at night. You're going to need hundreds of planes in the air at all times to cover such a large area. Good luck with that.

Even if you spot someone from the air going over the wall what can you do? Go in for a landing in the middle of nowhere to arrest them? Are you going to build hundreds of airplane landing strips along the wall? LOL.
What plane are you flying where you can't easily spot people?

When I fly the Piper 151 or the Cessna 172, I can easily see people on the ground at 500 feet.

If I were flying the border, and I saw someone digging at the wall, I'd call my ground team and have them head to the wall.

You must be a politician who doesn't fly.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:42 PM

1,179 posts, read 596,523 times
The whole bigdig was a Ponzi scheme where companies who should not have had the contract got it . Big dirty money was involved in that. The bigdig should never be looked at as a baseline for any project. Rather it should be studied for the cluster f*ck of corruption that went into it.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:42 PM

9,832 posts, read 7,649,774 times
LMAO are reich-wingers seriously trying to argue that the QoL in Texas is superior to Massachusetts?

Cheaper doesn't mean better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or