Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 03:05 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
There are many objective ways to gauge QoL. - - education levels, rate of uninsured, medium household incomes, etc.

MA leads Texas in virtually all of them save CoL, which is a product of MA's desirability.

Says the poster who wants to deport Dreamers. Even Gump is hesitant to do that.
Your quality of life might be talking about your MBA.

My quality of life is going into my backyard, jumping in the boat and doing some wakesurfing before coming back to the boatlift, firing up the grill and then hanging out in the pool or hot tub after eating some fajitas.

I can afford a nice house on the lake with a pool and outdoor kitchen 25 miles from downtown Houston. Could I afford it outside of Boston?

How is the lake temperature in November or March?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 03:08 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
And yet there are hundreds of miles of wall, and fence already in place.

Just let it go, you dems are embarrassing yourselves.
Quote:
But some 700 miles of border fencing had already been completed along the country's nearly 2,000-mile border with Mexico, much of it during Barack Obama's presidency, as part of the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which was signed by George W. Bush.
Nearly 700 Miles of Fencing at the US-Mexico Border Already Exist - ABC News
This is true!

I think the new wall and upgrading of the existing structure of 700 miles, needs to go at least 50 feet underground, because those Mexicans use underground tunnels to get into USA and mostly perform blue collar jobs like lawn mowing, snow plowing, janitorial services, cleaning restrooms etc, that an American Citizen perhaps won't take for minimum wage.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
The entire city of Boston is only 48 mi.². The US/Mexico border is roughly 2,000 miles. You guys really think the wall is only going to cost 14 billion?

Depends who's making the deal and who's palm is no longer getting greased.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:15 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
This is true!

I think the new wall and upgrading of the existing structure of 700 miles, needs to go at least 50 feet underground, because those Mexicans use underground tunnels to get into USA and mostly perform blue collar jobs like lawn mowing, snow plowing, janitorial services, cleaning restrooms etc, that an American Citizen perhaps won't take for minimum wage.
They use the tunnels to move primarily drugs. The illegals coming over aren't associated such luxuries.

You build a tunnel for moving things that make you thousands of dollars per pound not for something that makes you thirty dollars per pound. You don't risk a tunnel that can make millions of dollars a day for a group of people that might make you fifty thousand in a day.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:16 PM

14,010 posts, read 14,995,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Responses
  • Thank for your opinion of yourself. It's irrelevant, however.
  • If MA is so great, why are so many people moving from the state to the extent that it is losing electoral votes?
Massachusetts grew by 30,000+ last year, and has the highest density in the country, which leads to high home prices.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
They use the tunnels to move primarily drugs. The illegals coming over aren't associated such luxuries.

You build a tunnel for moving things that make you thousands of dollars per pound not for something that makes you thirty dollars per pound. You don't risk a tunnel that can make millions of dollars a day for a group of people that might make you fifty thousand in a day.

yes, that's true too. Lots of drugs may be coming in thru those tunnels - so the wall won't help stop the drug trade?
It will simply re-route the illegals to come thru tunnels now whenever it's not peak drug traffic hours?

Old 01-27-2017, 03:21 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
No, my metric was city. Read the link. Oh wait, I forgot: you don't read links. Game over.
Hmm. Nope. You said NE and MA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Also, if "NE liberals" are so hate-worthy, then why:

1) does MA have one of the best school systems in the nation?
2) does MA have a Republican governor that most residents--Democrat and Republican--like just fine?
3) does MA have the best health care in the nation?
4) does MA have one of the lowest obesity rates in the nation?
5) do Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire have the least pollution in the nation?

Seems to me that those "NE liberals" are doing something right.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:22 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
yes, that's true too. Lots of drugs may be coming in thru those tunnels - so the wall won't help stop the drug trade?
It will simply re-route the illegals to come thru tunnels now whenever it's not peak drug traffic hours?
It's not work seekers coming thru tunnels. They make up the majority of illegals in this country. Ever heard of tunnel sensors?

Old 01-27-2017, 03:26 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
This is true!

Americans were already doing those jobs for a fair wage not minimum wage or slave labor wages before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border. Why should Americans have to do those jobs for less than a fair wage to compete with them? As I said, work seekers aren't coming through tunnels anyway. It's the drug cartels and there are tunnel sensors.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Americans were already doing those jobs for a fair wage not minimum wage or slave labor wages before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border. Why should Americans have to do those jobs for less than a fair wage to compete with them? As I said, work seekers aren't coming through tunnels anyway. It's the drug cartels and there are tunnel sensors.
So if tunnel sensors worked, you wouldn't have any drugs coming in anymore, right?

I guess the question is, how should we stop the drug influx while we are at stopping the illegal work seekers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies