Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 05:43 PM

778 posts, read 339,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A different era. People need to stop whining about what happened 62 years ago.
Bull. Either you have a moral compass and courage or you are guilty of letting an innocent man be murdered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 05:54 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
The evening news said he "whistled at her" and that is what started it all... The only one that really knows what happened is: Emmit and the girl. If she fabricated what happened, that was bad. No-one had any idea how that was going to turn out at the time... They were both young. It is truly sad what happened to Emmit Till.
She was a grown woman, not some confused and easily led kid.

Take a look at this photo of her after her husband's trial.

https://againstclassbigotry.wordpres...f-emmett-till/

Tell me that she looks sad about what happened to Till. I ****ing dare you.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:59 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
This woman didn't do anything that most women do today. They find trouble and manipulate men into cleaning up their mess.

Rather Miss. Donham didn't do anything plenty of other white women in the South at that time, before and well after didn't do. There was a reason Mrs. Till like many African American mothers then, before and afterwards warned their sons to stay well away from white women.

Very few African American men escaped with their lives after accusations were made against them by a white woman. The "Scottsboro Boys" were some: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottsboro_Boys

The evilness of some white women came in that no small number of these "rapes" or whatever by AA males either didn't happen, the female was a notorious ****, and or someone else had her (often a white man and usually by consent), but Miss. Ann needed to have a socially acceptable story; so she or her family would either come right out and say it was a "black man" or strongly hint. Either way that set into motion a lynch mob that often would simply drag any black male or males they could lay hands on and hand out what they saw as justice.

This bias against African American males extended into the military for both WWI and WWII. In both wars a large percentage if not majority of US military court martialed and in many instances executed for rape were African Americans. This often when circumstances didn't support evidence given in court.

Emmett Till's father was actually one such case. This was used to smear the family and as evidence to support the "guilt" of the son when supposedly classified military documents regarding the case and trail somehow were leaked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Till

Emmett Till's Father - The Trial of Louis Till by John Edgar Wideman

Old 01-27-2017, 06:09 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
I feel so sorry for the kid... and frustrated that nothing can be done for it...

Old 01-27-2017, 06:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A different era. People need to stop whining about what happened 62 years ago.
Nope. I ain't never letting this go.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:15 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,597,645 times
Despicable woman.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:24 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
They didn't even have a knockout game back then. So we are making progress I suppose when we make brutality a game.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:26 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
She was a grown woman, not some confused and easily led kid.

Take a look at this photo of her after her husband's trial.

https://againstclassbigotry.wordpres...f-emmett-till/

Tell me that she looks sad about what happened to Till. I ****ing dare you.
Wow, she looks very pleased with herself. Not an ounce of contrition in that laughing face. She's an old lady now, probably getting worried about meeting her maker and is trying to make amends. It's times like this that I wish I believed in hell, because this is one woman who definitely belongs there.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:30 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,069,942 times
Carolyn Bryant in the courtroom, second from left:

What a glorious time to be white.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:56 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
b-s. what she did is wrong in any era. It would be wrong in 2017.
Yes, it would be.

Despite all the whining the last 62 years Emmit still dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies