Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 07:30 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,002,120 times

Advertisements

I am surprised at some of the responses herein.

She, as well as her husband and the members of the jury, were 'good Christians', all.

Christianity is, of course, the backbone of this country. We shall henceforth allow only 'Christians' into this country as refugees. For Muslims (and, I assume, people of faiths other than Christianity) are 'evil', and wish to do harm to other Americans.

I chose to ignore the carnage being done in this country by Christians with guns. 33,000 deaths each year by guns is to be ignored.

I will also ignore that, after 9-11, most terrorist attacks in the USA were done by people that were born and raised here. They had the 'Muslim Gene', I believe.

The Important thing is to castigate 'other' people as being 'evil'. We, of course, are not "Nazis", whom focused on one or two groups of identifiable people and declared them as 'evil' (Jews, Gypsies, Catholics, Muslim, etc). We shall ignore our past of "Irish Need Not Apply", and the 'know nothing' party of the 1800s. We shall ignore all, and determine that what we do NOW is no different. For, after all, Trump is doing it.

That makes it alright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 07:58 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A different era. People need to stop whining about what happened 62 years ago.

In this case she is still alive.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:03 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,369,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I am surprised at some of the responses herein.

She, as well as her husband and the members of the jury, were 'good Christians', all.

Christianity is, of course, the backbone of this country. We shall henceforth allow only 'Christians' into this country as refugees. For Muslims (and, I assume, people of faiths other than Christianity) are 'evil', and wish to do harm to other Americans.

I chose to ignore the carnage being done in this country by Christians with guns. 33,000 deaths each year by guns is to be ignored.

I will also ignore that, after 9-11, most terrorist attacks in the USA were done by people that were born and raised here. They had the 'Muslim Gene', I believe.

The Important thing is to castigate 'other' people as being 'evil'. We, of course, are not "Nazis", whom focused on one or two groups of identifiable people and declared them as 'evil' (Jews, Gypsies, Catholics, Muslim, etc). We shall ignore our past of "Irish Need Not Apply", and the 'know nothing' party of the 1800s. We shall ignore all, and determine that what we do NOW is no different. For, after all, Trump is doing it.

That makes it alright.
It does appear some want to go BACK to those "OLD DAYS".. Totally disinterested in evolving or progressing into a "Better" Space! Founding Father's did indeed try to give equal rights ( tho back then they didn't consider Blacks or another other non-white's Equal").. BUT like any NATION that's democratic... evolution indeed LED into considering ALL means ALL! Not just Elitists, or White dominant society of 200+ years ago!

I'm amazed there are still so many that never seemed to have evolved. Wonder how they fit into the "Theory of Evolution" ??

Old 01-27-2017, 09:32 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,009 times
I see the usual suspects are avoiding this one

Old 01-27-2017, 10:02 PM

27,116 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
I see the usual suspects are avoiding this one

The woman should be charged.if she indeed confess to bearing false testimony as reported.

Your comment is out of place in this thread.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:25 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,633,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Are you saying it's whining to be upset that Till is dead????

I stand by my earlier comment. There is something seriously skewed in your ethics.

My thoughts exactly. It sounds like he doesn't want anyone to talk about it. Almost a careless "what's done is done" attitude.

Discussing something that happened is not the same thing as whining. I cannot take that poster seriously since he doesn't know the difference between the two.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:23 AM

1,478 posts, read 787,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Since when has knowingly making a false accusation EVER been the right thing to do????

You have a weird sense of morality is all I can say. I'm glad you're nowhere in my vicinity.

I was about 10 when this happened. I vividly remember the magazine pictures. Probably the first time it sunk into me that I was being fed lies in school. It upset me then, and absolutely outrages me now.
I hope you are not a Hillary Democrat or McCain Republican asking that question in the first sentence, and then ending with moral indignation in the last sentence of the last paragraph?

Falsely accusing President Putin, conspiring for money deposited in a charity front foundation to give Libya over to the French and Syria over to the Saudi Arabians, the lynching of Gaddaffi by sodomization with bayonets, the arming of ISIS who have created thousands of Emmit Till lynchings, the destruction of Syria by forcing Assad's hand to attack his nation's own infrastructure (do to embedded enemies from other countries that flooded into certain cities) the way Lincoln presided over the infrastructural destruction of Georgia (some of those Civil War photos of I think Atlanta look like a nuclear bomb was dropped on it, look like Syria). These things ought outrage Democrats and Republican neo-cons, but they don't, they go into justification mode and apologetics about their valor the same way the white racist society, and men, that brutally murdered Emmit Till did.

There are female Emmit Tills' in certain parts of the Eastern Islamic world too. You see, my view about lynching women, or mulattos, or black people, or homosexuals are principals that get applied to all nations and all religions. But it is the Democrat and liberal Christian who froth at the mouth when I speak with your same conviction about the immoral, brutal, barbarity of lynching modern day vulnerable Emmit Tills in some small Islamic villages. But the Democrat and liberal Christian just shrugs these new lynchings off. Because to have compassion and Christ-like outrage would be politically incorrect.

Movie based on a real life lynching that happened. Actually, it was not a lynching proper as some group of men in council in her village, apparently with authority within the village, judged her and sentenced her to stoning death. But in practical terms of modern Western civilization standards it was a f---ing lynching.

She was falsely accused by her husband who wanted to divorce her but did not want to have to give her any money. Accused of adultery. Unlike Emmit Till her sons participated in the stoning lynching, striking her with stones personally. Unlike Emmit Till she had no funeral. Her body was thrown on the streets to be devoured by dogs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5CuKjYdDd50
The Stoning of Soraya M. (7/8) Movie CLIP - The Stoning (2008) HD

Old 01-28-2017, 04:38 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The woman should be charged.if she indeed confess to bearing false testimony as reported.

Your comment is out of place in this thread.
There would be no way to prove it in a court of law.

"I just made that up for attention in the hopes that in the future my book does well so my grandkids will have something from me".

Just noted to address any claims that she is not charged only because she is white.

No, her conscience and the after life will have to be her punishment.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:52 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Everyone knew from the gitgo the whole thing was a farce, but Miss. Ann long had been able to get away with having "negro" men or boys lynched basically at her say so.....

Emmett Till's mother testified and or otherwise reported at the time and repeated the fact her son had a speech impediment. This caused him to make a "whistle" sound whey trying to form certain words. Much like the guy in that old 1950's Christmas song "If I Only Had My Two Front Teeth...."

Carolyn Bryant is likely trying to ease her conscious as she enters the "September" of her life realizing she shall soon meet her Maker. It is telling however the woman does not repent for her actions or statements. She has written a book (surprise, surprise) but it won't be released to public until 2038. Guess Miss. Bryant figures by then she surely will be dead and the stench of the foul crime committed against Emmett Till will have evaporated fully.
All of you know what a bleeding heart I am but this case really angers me. What kind of woman not only lies like this then stands by while a child is beaten (in every sense of the word) to death? DISGUSTING and FOUL.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:06 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A different era. People need to stop whining about what happened 62 years ago.
**** that noise.

What Carolyn Bryant Donham, Roy Bryant and John William "J. W." Milam did to Emmett was a gross and disturbing case of racism that had far reaching consequences for the Till family and the civil rights movement.

WHINING you say?

A CHILD was kidnapped from his home at gunpoint.

A CHILD was placed in the back of a pick up truck and driven to a barn.

A CHILD was pistol whipped and covered with a tarp.

A CHILD was then taken to another location, this time a shed, where he was beaten by two to four grown men.

A CHILD was shot, then placed back in that pickup truck where his body was shown to another black man as a warning to all blacks in the area.

A CHILD was then weighted down with a metal fan and barbed wire and thrown in the river.

Two CHILDREN then discovered another CHILD'S body floating in the river three days later.

A CHILD was so badly beaten that his head was crushed in. He was shot above the right ear, dislodging his eye from his head. When he was found he was nude.

Here is a quote from Milam, one of Emmett's murderers:

Quote:
Well, what else could we do? He was hopeless. I'm no bully; I never hurt a ****** in my life. I like ******s—in their place—I know how to work 'em. But I just decided it was time a few people got put on notice. As long as I live and can do anything about it, ******s are gonna stay in their place. ******s ain't gonna vote where I live. If they did, they'd control the government. They ain't gonna go to school with my kids. And when a ****** gets close to mentioning sex with a white woman, he's tired o' livin'. I'm likely to kill him. Me and my folks fought for this country, and we got some rights. I stood there in that shed and listened to that ****** throw that poison at me, and I just made up my mind. 'Chicago boy,' I said, 'I'm tired of 'em sending your kind down here to stir up trouble. Goddam you, I'm going to make an example of you—just so everybody can know how me and my folks stand.'

J. W. Milam, Look magazine, 1956
WHINING you say? You take a look at these photos. The second one happened because of racism, hatred, and lying. A CHILD was brutally murdered over a ****ing LIE.

This is what happens when one group of people think they are better than others. It happens when people feed into the bull**** of racism and it happens when society thinks its a-okay to marginalize groups of people.

Here are, from left Roy Bryant, Carolyn Bryant, Juanita Milam, J.W. Milam following the trial in the murder of Emmett Till.

Whining, indeed.

Last edited by Magritte25; 01-28-2017 at 05:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies