Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 01:31 PM

772 posts, read 389,289 times

Advertisements

Bravo Nikki Haley!

Let the UN know that they can no longer abuse and talk down to the United States.

The Obama years of humiliation are over, this is a new day!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 01:34 PM

51,620 posts, read 25,691,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Isn't the chief qualification of a diplomat, you know, diplomacy?
One would hope.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:36 PM

68,300 posts, read 54,230,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
As I said when 9/11 happened the world rallied to help us. Germans , Turkish , British etc. Will they feel the same way if it happens again?

Will they allow us to access their air space if we are combative during peace time.

You might think we rule the world, we don't. What we do have is a large standing army and a very powerful economy. But our weapons are useless without someplace to refuel service etc.

preemptive dirt kicking , loses allies. Doubt me, try it in your real life, see how many people you can bully into being helpful and friendly..

China knows this, they have the long game down pat. Trump is acting like there is no tomorrow he is acting as if it is a game that ends with his term. What he is doing does long term damage, and you know it too.
My bad, I thought the sarcasm was quite evident.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:39 PM

68,300 posts, read 54,230,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
Bravo Nikki Haley!

Let the UN know that they can no longer abuse and talk down to the United States.

The Obama years of humiliation are over, this is a new day!!!
Care to tell us how Obama weakened us so much over 8 years as you alleged in another thread yet fell silent about when asked specifically HOW?

Old 01-27-2017, 02:58 PM

11,932 posts, read 6,522,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Good for Nikki Haley. We had eight years of Obama pizzing all over this country and having the audacity to go to the UN and talk down America in front of it's enemies. Eff Obama and eff the UN. There's a new president in town who believes in America and the rest of the world has to get used to it.
And I'm so glad Nikki is onboard. I admire her but was worried she'd wimp out.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:01 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
The new U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, pledged on Friday to overhaul the world body and warned U.S. allies that if they do not support Washington, then she is "taking names" and will respond.

Haley made brief remarks to reporters as she arrived at the world body's headquarters in New York to present her credentials to U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
"Our goal with the administration is to show value at the U.N. and the way that we'll show value is to show our strength, show our voice, have the backs of our allies and make sure that our allies have our back as well," Haley said.
"For those that don't have our back, we're taking names, we will make points to respond to that accordingly,"

Is this real? I know she was considered to be a bit "out there" but really?

Haley wants to make the UN a with us or against US institution.

SO is this really just an attempt to break the UN, destabilize and balkanize it?

We should have never ever been involved, like the League of Nations we told to go take a hike.
Central control of Nations. Our Constitution will not allow us to be any part of that.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:58 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,295,330 times
I thought she would be one of the more sane and reasonable appointments made by #45 ---until she said that!

Old 01-27-2017, 04:20 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,713,181 times
Quote:
If you believe the world is our enemy, then you are right.

i can tell you ,much of the world would rather just be friends, but threaten them and they have no choice but to withdraw,

threats should be made only when required. I don't tell my kids go to bed or else. I say "hey bedtime" if they refuse, whine they we could consider a threat. I mostly don't , but then it would make sense if that was my style...
Who was threatened? Who's withdrawing? Mexico? what a joke. they'll be back begging to pay for the wall before Trump is done with them.

I never said I believe the world is our enemy.

Why do libs have such a propensity to blow everything out of proportion?

0bama's foreign policy had us a laughing stock. Weak, feeble, talking crap out his azz.

Now we have someone with a backbone at the helm.

0bama threatened them with red lines, and went slinking away like the two bit coward he is when challenged. It'll be interesting to see, who'll even challenge Trump in the first place.

CN

Old 01-27-2017, 04:25 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I thought she would be one of the more sane and reasonable appointments made by #45 ---until she said that!

There is not one thing, the globalist are going to like about dismantling the UN(One World Government) That was the Heart of the New World Order, which was code for a one world government. No wonder they were out to destroy our constitution and take our weapons.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:34 PM

30,131 posts, read 18,935,540 times
We need to pull out of that wasteful and harmful organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies