Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 07:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i wouldn't be too cavalier about this sort of stuff, seeing as how you live in Texas. I think y'all are going to be waay more negatively impacted by anti-NAFTA, anti-EPA, anti-NATO, anti-ACA, anti-regulatory decisions than you yet understand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_...nery_explosion

Seven injured in explosion at Texas oil plant - CNN.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROrpKx3aIjA

Not in my career path to gain a little gold and playing on the farm.

It will actually gain me more gold if it happens. I got big plans here in Texas for many things that will employ many people, like I did in the 1970's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 07:06 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,067,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
SWEET!!!

My only question is why the heck does the EPA even need 5,000 employees?
Because the country is pretty big?

Old 01-27-2017, 07:38 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wonder if this means they will start selling toilets again that don't clog up.
Amen! Plus shower heads that don't just trickle water on us. Then maybe they also won't need to replace all those perfectly good PVC sewer systems that are failing all across the country due to a lack of water flowing through them. Good times ahead!

Old 01-27-2017, 07:42 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
Good news!!!! If there is one government agency totally out of control, it's the EPA

Old 01-27-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
How do you know lives will be lost with a skeleton EPA staff? Just 'cause?

I keep reading your posts and I just gotta say... Man, I love you like no man should love another! So many simple logical, factual and sarcastic comments in such a pithy form. I love it!

Old 01-27-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
Drain the government swamp!

These positions are probably non essential, overlapping jobs that are wasting taxpayer money.

When Dem politicians are in charge, they tend to create unnecessary government jobs to manipulate national employment numbers.

I can't agree more... and if the EPA steps in and tries to regulate the amount of swamp draining a person can do by placing a drain block or limiting device, have Trump call EPA Rooter to clear that obstructive regulation by cutting them in half again.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You better move over to Canada quick, you might die from the pollution... fast liberals... HURRY! Why is no one leaving? Cause NOT ONE OF YOU BELIEVE THE BS THAT YOU POST...

Today is a happy day for me. I've been calling for nearly gutting the EPA for years and am always bombarded by liberal idiocy that I am somehow proposing poisoning the water and air, yet none of these people have ever threatened to leave. Now maybe they will.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:59 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Today is a happy day for me. I've been calling for nearly gutting the EPA for years and am always bombarded by liberal idiocy that I am somehow proposing poisoning the water and air, yet none of these people have ever threatened to leave. Now maybe they will.
The day that most of Kansas will completely drain the Ogallala aquifer is rapidly approaching. Enjoy the desertification of most of your "irrigated agricultural lands" and the huge out-migration of people out of what is left of many rural areas due to corporate agriculture greed. It might cost actual homeowners $20-40K to drill a new deeper well, but factual realities and costs are externalized to individuals who are less able to foot the bill.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:10 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Why would I leave and abandon my country to those who wish to rape and pillage it, poison its citizens, and steal its treasure to enrich themselves?

Up to 200,000 people a year are being saved from premature death by the EPA. Somehow I don't think the billionaires are providing such a benefit.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:10 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If this comes to pass, it will be quite a change for the EPA.

Trump plans to cut EPA staff in half | Washington Examiner
That sounds like it would gut the EPA....the agency that protects our environment. The waters, the air, the toxic things that companies dump everywhere, even when there's an EPA trying to stop them.

God help us. They're going to trash the natural resources of our country. Golf courses and concrete and buildings. That's all America will be, if Trump has his way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies