U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 06:11 AM

36,978 posts, read 16,123,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Call me crazy, but I wouldn't trust someone who builds hotels to tell me how many regulations we need or don't need to protect the environment.
OK, you are CRAZY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 06:13 AM

2,684 posts, read 1,049,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If this comes to pass, it will be quite a change for the EPA.

Trump plans to cut EPA staff in half | Washington Examiner
On this forum, Trump supporters think anyone who is a teacher or a federal employee spends their days surfing the internet. They will willingly throw American workers under the bus, no problem whatsoever. The fact that the American taxpayer gives Exxon $250 billion/year in free money (euphemistically called "subsidies") bothers them not all. Interesting.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:23 AM

3,871 posts, read 1,915,283 times
I don't believe it. There might be some cuts but not that big. A hiring freeze is more likely. And maybe hiring different kinds of people where filling a job is necessary.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:35 AM

8,231 posts, read 2,207,604 times
Music to my ears.

A bureaucracy that pushes an agenda through fines and penalties, places mandates and regulations that hurt the economy and manufacturers of this country...

Yet, they don't take the money they collect, and create implements to clean our air, our water etc...

We'll solve global warming by taxing! That will show them! Want to run a clean coal powered steel refinery? Or a power plant to charge your hybrids battery... We will tax it to death...

And nobody sees the hypocrisy in that? Folks, it's 2017, you mean to tell me, the EPA hasn't contacted goodyear to make them a zeppelin, and contacted engineers to create a catalyst to attach to the blimp/zeppelin to rid smog? It's just easier to mandate auto manufacturers to develop technology to have vehicles emit cleaner air than what they inhale? All the while, meet the mandate by CARB/EPA for emissions AND achieve CAFE mandated 40-50mpg?

Okie dokie...

Old 01-29-2017, 07:48 AM

6,822 posts, read 5,155,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If this comes to pass, it will be quite a change for the EPA.

Trump plans to cut EPA staff in half | Washington Examiner

Don't worry the sky will not fall I assure you.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:04 AM

45,281 posts, read 17,980,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Call me crazy, but I wouldn't trust someone who builds hotels to tell me how many regulations we need or don't need to protect the environment.
Did you trust the community agitator?

Old 01-29-2017, 09:06 AM

45,281 posts, read 17,980,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
On this forum, Trump supporters think.....
There you got again. Telling us how others, ..... "think". You can only tell us what you think.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:39 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,320,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Trump's EPA nominee is against the clean water and clean air acts. He's been involved in many lawsuits to attempt to allow for more pollution. He's against the existence of the EPA. I think it's safe to say that unless Congress or the courts stop him, Trump and his nominee will do what Trump's team member there said.

Factually untrue statement there. He has assisted in lawsuits to remove the BS regulations requiring a cap on CO2 emissions because there is ZERO evidence that CO2 (a naturally occurring gaseous compound used by ALL plant life as a food source) harms the earth, regardless of its source.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:45 AM

16,960 posts, read 22,280,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Factually untrue statement there. He has assisted in lawsuits to remove the BS regulations requiring a cap on CO2 emissions because there is ZERO evidence that CO2 (a naturally occurring gaseous compound used by ALL plant life as a food source) harms the earth, regardless of its source.
I know you won't read any of these links but here they are nonetheless. The real facts not your made up defense of Pruitt.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/14/u...pick.html?_r=0

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.987003f22de2

EWG Investigates: Scott Pruitt

Old 01-29-2017, 03:09 PM

1,846 posts, read 1,705,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I know you won't read any of these links but here they are nonetheless. The real facts not your made up defense of Pruitt.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/14/u...pick.html?_r=0

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.987003f22de2

EWG Investigates: Scott Pruitt
I'm sorry, but Trump supporters only believe in alternative facts. Your real facts are bs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or