Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 10:12 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times

Advertisements

Nobody spoke a word when the ONLY refugees brought here by Obama were Muslim. Never a Christian. But now that Trump says no more Muslims until we can be 100% sure they aren't terrorists, people are on the warpath. WTF is wrong with you?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 10:20 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
What is your source?

"...Refugees make up a small percentage (about one-in-ten) of the roughly 1 million immigrants granted lawful permanent residency in the U.S. each year. Because the U.S. government does not keep track of the religion of new legal immigrants, it is not possible to say what share of all recent immigrants are Muslim. A 2013 Center report, however, estimated that as of 2012, roughly six-in-ten new legal immigrants were Christian, compared with one-in-ten who were Muslim...."

Anther low information leftist post.

The number people are referring to is Syrian refugees which are nearly all Muslims. The reason is quite simple. Christians are not safe in the refugee camps. So they cannot even get through the vetting process. On the one hand it exonerates the Obama administration from purposefully not accepting Christians. No, its simply a side effect of Christian persecution. How ever on the other , why would we want this kind of scum in this country that persecutes people of another religion? And do not give me this crap its only some of them. Why don't the others protect them? That what the Danish did for the Jews. Why are "good Muslims protecting a known persecuted group from the bad ones?

U.S. admits record number of Muslim refugees in 2016 | Pew Research Center
The administration set the goal of resettling 10,000 Syrian refugees in the U.S. in the fiscal year. This goal was exceeded, and refugee status was given to 12,587 Syrians. Nearly all of them (99%) were Muslim and less than 1% were Christian. As a point of comparison, Pew Research Center estimated Syria’s religious composition to be 93% Muslim and 5% Christian in 2010.

Jihadists make U.N. camps hellish nightmare for Christians
The camps are dangerous because they have IS, Iraqi militias and Syrian militias. It’s another place for gangs. “They’re killing inside the camps, and they’re buying and selling ladies and even girls.”
WND previously reported in July and again in September, that while Christians are the most vulnerable of all people in the Middle East, not many have been going to the U.N. refugee camps because word is spreading about the dangerous conditions that await them there – mistreatment and even death at the hands of Muslims placed in positions of authority by the U.N.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:22 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Its all over the Quran and the Hadiths. It equates Hindus with criminals for example. Why do you think the Yazidies are bing exterminated?

https://quran.com/search?q=polytheists

Certainly, that is how We deal with Al-Mujrimun (polytheists, sinners, criminals, the disobedient to Allah, etc.).

Only Jews and Christians are even tolerated as long as they are slaves.

However if what a good bunch of Muslims and what the materials they read don't matter then the KKK can be good too. Only extremist Klu Klux Klan are a problem, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
? Read up on the constitution of Medina and what the Prophet (saw) did when he conquered Mecca.

Also notice that the very Yazidi community you quote somehow survived and lived peacefully under Caliphate after Caliphate. Also note that the Ottoman Caliphate was majority Christian at one point and Jews had up a significant minority.

If the goal was to simply murder non-believers the Yazidis would have been removed long ago.

Again PM me if you'd actually like to learn. Going back forth on off topic subjects will either get this thread closed or our posts deleted.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Nobody spoke a word when the ONLY refugees brought here by Obama were Muslim. Never a Christian. But now that Trump says no more Muslims until we can be 100% sure they aren't terrorists, people are on the warpath. WTF is wrong with you?!
If you want to act like a lefty and twist the facts , go ahead but you will have their credibility. Its Obama's incompetence, not willful policy. As pointed out, lots of Christian refugees enter the country, just not from Syria.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:30 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, no refugees from Syria, unless they say they are Christians......

The comedy show continues.
Why not?

REVEALED: Christians are the world's most persecuted religious group, study claims | World | News | Daily Express

Here, I'll even toss in a HuffPo article:

The Most Persecuted Religion in the World | The Huffington Post

Old 01-28-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post

Again PM me if you'd actually like to learn. Going back forth on off topic subjects will either get this thread closed or our posts deleted.
learn what? I read the entire Quran. I have also read Islamic history from several points of view including credible Arabic and Byzantine sources. Its a dangerous delusion. There is no Allah and Muhammad was a con man , war lord and child rapist. I want the West to remain secular as it has slowly evolved to be. I don't want to regress towards ancient superstitions. We have had many outdated and twisted laws, but those are not considered holy writ, never to be changed. That's now how it is with Islam.

You think I know nothing about Abraham religions. Go pontificate somewhere else.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:33 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
When refugees are pouring out of majority Muslim countries then it would make sense that the majority of them are Muslim. You understand that there are stats out there, yes. These stats will tell you that it is not a case of ONLY. There are also stats on the thousands of refugees that have been resettled in the US and those stats will show you that they are not this bogyman that you have invented in your head.

BTW, by demonizing all Muslims, the Trump is making this worse. For example, all it takes is one Muslim shooting some Americans to radicalize the right wing against the entire 1.5 billion member religion. What do you think the most powerful country in the world shutting out desperate people and essentially signing many of their death certificates is going to do??? No, I am not advocating we let people in to keep them from radicalizing but I advocate because America is an open country and our values are at stake here. Do we want to be a proud nation or do we want to be a scared nation. I pick proud. You can do whatever you want.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:35 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Trump says Syrian Christian refugees will be given priority | Reuters

...I'm sure this will be very controversial with Muslims and their athiest allies.
I want hardly any immigration, so I don't want priority given to any group.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:29 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
So there are reasons why giving preference to Christians can make sense, there are the most vulnerable people, in a fight between religious extremist and a non secular government minority religions have nowhere to turn, but when you say "they are less likely to blow us up" then you no longer have an argument.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:29 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
There are many ways religious minorities and ethnic minorities in the Arab Muslim world can be distinguished. For one thing, Kurds, Yazidis, and Syrian/Iraqi Christians have distinct names that are not Muslim. For example, names like Muhammad, Abdullah, Mustafa etc are clear Muslim names. There are clear names from the Kurdish, Yazidi, Aramean, and Chaldean languages. Iraqi Christians are also of the Chaldean race, which is a distinct race from the Arabs and don't consider themselves Arabs. In fact the Egyptian Copts are also a distinct race apart from the Egyptian Arabs who are descended from the Arab invaders that brought Islam to Egypt (the pyramids were NOT built by Arab Muslims neither was Babylon in Iraq).

People responsible for vetting the refugees can be trained to distinguish Yazidi, Kurdish, and Chaldean facial features and other ethnic characteristics to be sure a Muslim terrorist won't be pretending. Also, while a Syrian or Iraqi minority would know Arabic, the reverse is NOT true. An Arab Muslim most likely would not speak the Yazidi, Kurdish or Chaldean language. So vetting should be done in the language of the group the refugee claims to be part of rather than in Arabic.

Also, Muslims can be distinguished by their reaction to women. One of the so-called "torture" techniques at Gitmo is being touched by a female soldier because under Arab Muslim culture that is an extreme humiliation and un-Islamic sacrilege. Muslim men will not shake hands with a woman who is not in their family. Also Muslim women will refuse to remove the veil and burka.

Religious and ethnic minorities have never been accepted in the Middle East. When Israel was created, all Muslim and Arab nations expelled their entire Jewish population even though they had been there for centuries and were not involved in Israel's independence. The same thing is happening now. Christians, Kurds and Yazidis were never considered true Syrians or Iraqis by the majority Muslim population and were always discriminated against and segregated. Very telling that Iraq and Syria have had Chaldean Christian, Kurdish, and Yazidi communities but there has been almost no intermarriage between these groups and Arab Muslims and how almost all neighborhoods and entire towns are uniformly one ethnicity or religion in Iraq and Syria.
I'm left almost speechless. This is not true. You absolutely cannot tell an Christian from a Muslim by looking at their face. First off, the Levant is at the crossroads of three continents. Genetic studies have shown no genes that can be identified as unique to Arab Christians and Arab Muslims. There is great variation in how people there look, even amongst the ethnic Arabs. I myself have been mistaken for a Circassian Muslim there when I've worn certain clothes ( before I open my mouth, of course, and my American accent gives me away), and I'm solidly ethnically European. And just meeting someone on the street, Muslim Arabs I've spoken with always point out signs of faith that have nothing to do with how a person looks - they are wearing a cross, they are selling alcohol in their shop, they have a Christian name.

Names can sometimes help you, but then I've met Arab Christians who had Muslim names (one was named after the doctor who delivered him after a difficult birth), and Muslims with Christian names. I wouldn't say it is terribly common, but it isn't unheard of, either.

As far as men touching women - wow. so wrong. First off, only very conservative Muslims will have a problem shaking a woman's hand. In all of the time I've spent in the Middle East, I've had one man refuse to shake my hand. One. Most men seem to follow the woman's cue. If she is in hijab, she won't be comfortable shaking his hand, so he won't offer it. If a man does put out his hand to a woman in hijab, she will geretally pull it back and place it over her heart. If she is not in hijab and offers her hand, he shakes it. As for more intimate contact with a woman you don't know than a handshake, that isn't any more OK in Middle Eastern Christian culture than it is in Middle Eastern Muslim culture.

I don't know where you got these ideas from. I certainly hope our government and military are not really so ill informed as to believe any of this or set policy by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies