U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 08:02 AM

58,052 posts, read 40,801,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Now that the EPA is being dismantled there will be more cities like Flint with “other” problems and issues that will go undetected or corrected. I think shooting yourself in the foot is the wrong thing to have done.
Many don't give a rat's patootie about where they shoot whomever as long as they're making $$$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 08:12 AM

2,918 posts, read 2,779,268 times
So obama gets a pass?

Water pipes are an infrastructure project. I used to live in flint just before this came to light. This has been a problem there for a lot longer than thought. Plus this is happening in a lot of the older cities in this country. There is plenty of blame to go around but the biggest issue is not the water from its source. It's the lead pipes in these old water lines to the homes. We spent all those years tell kids not to eat paint chips but didn't look at the old homes water lines. Instead they just added a chemical to the water to keep the lead from bleeding into the water at unacceptable levels.

I hope you are all following me.

Now for the truth about flint now that the basis is set.

About 10-12 years ago flint had been getting its water from Detroit city water. Detroit has a issue with their water and no one was allowed to drink it. Well considering flint area was already upset at how much Detroit was charging for the water genesee country commissioner decided to look into the cost of running a line for its own water. Flint decided to go in on the project. This was a cost saving measure that is still being done right now.

Well Detroit found out about it and decidedly to raise rates again. Genesee country decided to pay those rates till the line was done. Flint thru it's city manager appointed by the state decided instead to use treated flint river water. Well they never added the chemical to keep the water from bleeding lead from the pipes. The city, state and EPA (Feds) all knew about this and did nothing.

So long story short it's all levels of government fault and at this point all those lines must be replaced in all those homes. Sounds like a great use for an infrastructure bill. I bet it's in trumps proposed bill. The question is why was it not in obamas? This has been a know problem for years! Obama has gotten a pass on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or