U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 10:17 AM

66,661 posts, read 30,428,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
And...I bet if most illegals are from Poland, Ireland or Israel, the trumpster groupies would have no problem with them.....
That makes no sense. What makes them any less illegal than an illegal alien from anywhere else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 10:24 AM

801 posts, read 396,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
“Hey, Gimenez, shame on you!” Miami labor union organizer Kathy Bird Carvajal shouted into a megaphone. “You are an immigrant, too.”
Rather curious that a labor union organizer is defending illegal aliens. Labor unions are supposed to be striving for higher pay, which is hardly possible when we're flooded with excess illegal laborers. They're also supposed to be fighting for better benefits and working conditions, which is also not going to be happening if their workforce is composed of a bunch of illegals who are "just happy to be working here", who are too scared to rock the boat and know their rights.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:25 AM

5,249 posts, read 3,765,188 times
Quote:
And...I bet if most illegals are from Poland, Ireland or Israel, the trumpster groupies would have no problem with them.....
I'd happily take your money when you lost that bet.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:44 AM

37,061 posts, read 16,164,011 times
Quote:
This is pretty big !

Crazy how people are angry that our laws will be followed!
---

Political furor erupted Friday against Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez for requiring local jails to detain immigrants in the country illegally at the behest of the federal government, effectively abandoning Miami-Dade’s stance as a “sanctuary” county.

Immigration advocates descended on County Hall, staging a protest — called on short notice — of more than 100 people that forced an extraordinary lockdown of the Stephen P. Clark Center in downtown Miami to keep the demonstrators out.

“Hey, Gimenez, shame on you!” Miami labor union organizer Kathy Bird Carvajal shouted into a megaphone. “You are an immigrant, too.”

Read more here: Anger erupts after Miami-Dade mayor ends

Anger erupts after Miami-Dade mayor ends
"Immigration advocates"

I don't think that is the phrase I would use because it is NOT accurate.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:35 AM

4,907 posts, read 6,128,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Gimenez is an immigrant, but he is LEGAL, not ILLEGAL.

My parents are LEGAL Chinese and Taiwanese immigrants. My entire Asian American family, including all of our relatives (except for 2 cousins who have been brainwashed by liberal college professors and high school teachers) truly despise and hate illegal aliens. Our experience is NOTHING like theirs. We have NOTHING in common with them.

My life experience except for some minor Asian cultural influences at home, is that of the mainstream Southern culture I grew up in. I do not identify with illegal aliens. I identify with my friends and others in my community who have had their jobs destroyed by illegal immigration (and my free trade and EPA regulations), with our local blue collar communities that are being invaded by illegal aliens and Section 8 people from the ghetto and with fellow Christians who are under attack both at home and abroad. (and yes, Christians are the most oppressed and endangered people in Syria and most definitely should have priority in being granted refugee status).
Excellent post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
It was a 20 year process when the left claimed to call Illegal aliens illegal aliens was racist. Now here we are. Dummies. Stay strong President Trump. Please stay strong in the face of those who choose to oppress freedom and rights of True naturalized citizens and Born Americans. The barbarians are at the gate. Fight them off.
I hope Trump can stay strong but the forces against him are very prolific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The media drives this stupidity. That's how we got the terms, assault rifle, assault weapons, military grade, assault style and military style.

The sheep just gobble it up too.
This is so well said, IMO. They put in these words and as posted, people grab on to them without thinking it through.......the extreme rhetoric.....

Quote:
Well, maybe not Poland......LOL, j/k,
(I couldn't resist it. I'll bet someone will report me and my post get deleted.....<s>). I am a big fan of the heroic Polish calvary in WWII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I voted for trump and; ALL illegal aliens NEED to leave the US. Period. Not just Spanish speaking Indians.
LOL. Is that a slip of the tongue.......?

Old 01-28-2017, 11:54 AM

20,886 posts, read 10,112,312 times
Quote:
What a stupid bet you'd be making. Illegals are illegal - it doesn't matter where they're from.

You want to make this about something it's not about. Many Mexicans have a problem with people entering illegally. What would you suggest their agenda is?

Old 01-28-2017, 11:56 AM

5,721 posts, read 4,635,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
This is interesting to watch. Every country has a right to enforce their immigration policies. However, the types of crackdowns being implemented under Trump have generally been directed to those who are not white, Anglo-Saxon Protestant (especially the former characteristic). But people should see how the other half of the U.S. feels...true colors.

As far as Gimenez, he is a Cuban-American (and white) so he did not have the typical experience of legal or illegal immigrants. His legal status was nothing short of a handout.
That's because most of the illegals are from Mexico. Most immigrants here from Europe and Asia are here legally. Mexico is dumping all of their anchor babies on us. Why should people from Mexico get a better deal than everyone else in the world? If we didn't have to take in so many people from Mexico we could let in more refugees.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:59 AM

7,423 posts, read 3,062,103 times
Quote:
This is pretty big !

Crazy how people are angry that our laws will be followed!
---

Political furor erupted Friday against Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez for requiring local jails to detain immigrants in the country illegally at the behest of the federal government, effectively abandoning Miami-Dade’s stance as a “sanctuary” county.

Immigration advocates descended on County Hall, staging a protest — called on short notice — of more than 100 people that forced an extraordinary lockdown of the Stephen P. Clark Center in downtown Miami to keep the demonstrators out.

Read more here: Anger erupts after Miami-Dade mayor ends

Anger erupts after Miami-Dade mayor ends
Who cares. It won't matter---anger erupts on this board every day when leftists get dismissed.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
This is interesting to watch. Every country has a right to enforce their immigration policies. However, the types of crackdowns being implemented under Trump have generally been directed to those who are not white, Anglo-Saxon Protestant (especially the former characteristic). But people should see how the other half of the U.S. feels...true colors.

As far as Gimenez, he is a Cuban-American (and white) so he did not have the typical experience of legal or illegal immigrants. His legal status was nothing short of a handout.

Another poster looking for an agenda in all of this.

There are two issues at hand. One is the country we border where MILLIONS of people (who happen to not be white) have entered illegally, and the other is the issue of people overstaying visas (who come in all varieties of colors and hues). Trump is dealing with the first issue right away, not because they are not white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant, but because it's been a big drain and problem for years and years. And he's not deporting all illegals, he said he's going after the criminals. Why anyone would have a problem with that indicates they're just looking for something to b*tch and moan about, are illegal, or care more about non-Americans than Americans.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:17 PM

All certain people and groups are doing is ensuring that in four years, someone like Trey Gowdy will be elected. If you don't know what his position is on illegals, do youtube it at some point. It's quite entertaining to see him dismantle the dopes who are pro-ilegal entry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or