Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 10:21 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times

Advertisements

This is pretty big !

Crazy how people are angry that our laws will be followed!
---

Political furor erupted Friday against Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez for requiring local jails to detain immigrants in the country illegally at the behest of the federal government, effectively abandoning Miami-Dade’s stance as a “sanctuary” county.

Immigration advocates descended on County Hall, staging a protest — called on short notice — of more than 100 people that forced an extraordinary lockdown of the Stephen P. Clark Center in downtown Miami to keep the demonstrators out.

“Hey, Gimenez, shame on you!” Miami labor union organizer Kathy Bird Carvajal shouted into a megaphone. “You are an immigrant, too.”

Read more here: Anger erupts after Miami-Dade mayor ends

Anger erupts after Miami-Dade mayor ends

Last edited by jm1982; 01-27-2017 at 11:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 10:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Boy are people stupid. They just cannot comprehend the difference between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. Changing the terminology over the years seems to have confused them.

And in the meantime, the ass in charge of Chicago said, I want to be clear: We’re gonna stay a sanctuary city. There is no stranger among us. We welcome people — whether you’re from Poland or Pakistan, whether you’re from Ireland or India or Israel and whether you’re from Mexico or Moldovia where my grandfather came from. You are welcome in Chicago as you pursue the American dream,” the mayor said.

Nothing about illegal entry, and he throws in Poland, Ireland, and Israel just for grins.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:54 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,310 times
...no it's not...

by the way...is mayor gimenez an immigrant or is he an ILLEGAL immigrant...get the difference

Old 01-27-2017, 11:07 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,118,635 times
F the criminal sympathizers.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:09 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,806,193 times
They purposely just use "immigrant."

Hell, there are legal residents who actually think they are going to be arrested and departed (yes, I was told this by a few who thought this, I provided correction). It is amazing how people cannot understand basic facts like "illegal" versus "legal".

I am just wondering where the voice of the legal immigrants are, or are they part of the group who do not understand the difference? You would think that as a legal immigrant, a person would not be all too pleased with those who chose to illegally enter the US. What is worse, there are people (like me) who have family who are on a wait list to immigrate, and even better, have family who was denied a tourist visa to come visit.

Yet for some reason, illegals deserve some sort of special treatment and accommodation?

Old 01-27-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They purposely just use "immigrant."

Hell, there are legal residents who actually think they are going to be arrested and departed (yes, I was told this by a few who thought this, I provided correction). It is amazing how people cannot understand basic facts like "illegal" versus "legal".

I am just wondering where the voice of the legal immigrants are, or are they part of the group who do not understand the difference? You would think that as a legal immigrant, a person would not be all too pleased with those who chose to illegally enter the US. What is worse, there are people (like me) who have family who are on a wait list to immigrate, and even better, have family who was denied a tourist visa to come visit.

Yet for some reason, illegals deserve some sort of special treatment and accommodation?
Yeah exactly . I'm tired of the media and liberal politicians saying "immigrants"

I was thinking the same thing . What legal immigrant is going to want to lump themselves in with criminals . After all they go through to become citizens .

Old 01-27-2017, 11:36 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,823,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This is pretty big !

---

Political furor erupted Friday against Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez for requiring local jails to detain immigrants in the country illegally at the behest of the federal government, effectively abandoning Miami-Dade’s stance as a “sanctuary” county.

Immigration advocates descended on County Hall, staging a protest — called on short notice — of more than 100 people that forced an extraordinary lockdown of the Stephen P. Clark Center in downtown Miami to keep the demonstrators out.

“Hey, Gimenez, shame on you!” Miami labor union organizer Kathy Bird Carvajal shouted into a megaphone. “You are an immigrant, too.”

But is he an illegal? Liberals can't seem to grasp the difference.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Yeah that's why I encourage their right to free speech .
They are showing their true colors

Old 01-27-2017, 11:42 PM

10,210 posts, read 15,912,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This is pretty big !

---

Gimenez is an immigrant, but he is LEGAL, not ILLEGAL.

My parents are LEGAL Chinese and Taiwanese immigrants. My entire Asian American family, including all of our relatives (except for 2 cousins who have been brainwashed by liberal college professors and high school teachers) truly despise and hate illegal aliens. Our experience is NOTHING like theirs. We have NOTHING in common with them.

My life experience except for some minor Asian cultural influences at home, is that of the mainstream Southern culture I grew up in. I do not identify with illegal aliens. I identify with my friends and others in my community who have had their jobs destroyed by illegal immigration (and my free trade and EPA regulations), with our local blue collar communities that are being invaded by illegal aliens and Section 8 people from the ghetto and with fellow Christians who are under attack both at home and abroad. (and yes, Christians are the most oppressed and endangered people in Syria and most definitely should have priority in being granted refugee status).

Old 01-28-2017, 01:53 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
That's a product of our country's abysmal public school system: no critical thinking skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies