U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 09:48 AM

1,651 posts, read 702,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Do you remember when Obama was president and all the Cons would blame him for literally everything negative that ever happened? If they slip on a banana peel they blame Obama. If they get stung by a bee they blame Obama.

I want to keep the tradition going. Let's blame Trump for literally EVERY bad thing that ever happens until he is out of office.
The country is divided because of our media and educational system.

Most people my age either hate the right because they've been indoctrinated with liberal thought and ate it up, or they hate the left because they've been indoctrinated with liberal thought and called BS

What we learn here is that when you don't give people choices, it actually divides them even more,

Old 01-28-2017, 09:48 AM

9,442 posts, read 5,778,887 times
Quote:
Do you remember when Obama was president and all the Cons would blame him for literally everything negative that ever happened? If they slip on a banana peel they blame Obama. If they get stung by a bee they blame Obama.

I want to keep the tradition going. Let's blame Trump for literally EVERY bad thing that ever happens until he is out of office.
Hypocrite. You spent the last 16 years blaming Bush for everything while giving saint Obama a pass on all of his screwups. Congratulations on being the problem and not part of the solution. With people like you around there's no danger of the US becoming less divided.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:49 AM

12,487 posts, read 10,392,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Trump is only worrying about Americans.

America this and America that, he's an idiot.

What kind of animal would want to torture people?

Statue of Liberty is crying with all this crap.

Maybe deport our veterans to make room for the illegals, ever think of that Trump?
OH the HORROR.

And deport legal citizens, many of whom were probably born here, hmm... great idea!

Old 01-28-2017, 09:49 AM

28,983 posts, read 15,253,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I know when Obama took office, the big divide came from those opposed to a black man being in office.
Wow, the race card already.

Let me guess, Republicans opposed Bill Clinton because he was billed as the first black president.

Republicans opposed Jimmy Carter because he was a peanut farmer and George Washington Carver experimented with peanuts.

Do you also believe Romney received so few black votes because blacks hate white people? No, I'm pretty sure you only believe whites are racist and you see that racism 24/7.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:51 AM

58,008 posts, read 40,738,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post

Most people my age
either hate the right because they're indoctrinated with liberal thought and ate it up, or they hate the left because they've been indoctrinated with liberal thought and called BS

What would that age be?

And why are you wasting your energy on hate instead of doing something constructive with it?

Old 01-28-2017, 09:56 AM

18,573 posts, read 6,686,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Exactly!!

I think a lot of these posters must be very young and their only real political memory is the Obama years. They don't remember the Bush and Clinton years like I do.
Hell, I remember the Reagan years. I especially didn't like where things were going towards the end of W Bush's first term, where it looked like the right wanted a Christian theocracy

Old 01-28-2017, 10:29 AM

1,388 posts, read 1,370,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
He is going to tear this country apart. And I'm sick of being PC by not telling it like it is. The majority of his 25% of-the-country supporters are under-educated and naive, but do believe they are always right. Have you seen them being interviewed on tv?

There were a couple of them on yesterday saying he was going to fix things because of 'Art of the Deal,' and all. Seem unaware that the bozo didn't actually write it. Sounds elite? Too bad. I'm done apologizing to the pitchfork crowd for being educated. Angry because there are no jobs? Get trained for a field that is actually hiring, instead of blaming it on NAFTA.

He sounded like a moron next to Theresa May. It was embarrassing. I'm sick of his idiotic tweets and of listening to his big ignorant mouth bragging about inane things nobody cares about. He has no beliefs or principles. He is the most ignorant president we have ever had and the most easily manipulated. It is "unpresidented."

And, yes, his feet will be held to the fire bigly. The technology companies will be scrambling to find people to fill jobs--those unemployed miners are qualified, right?

Kim Jong Trump is going to make America an ugly despised country and actually will make it hate again.

"...the orders indiscriminately restricts citizens from the affected countries from traveling to the United States, and could block legal US residents traveling overseas from entering the country. The move has already brought legal challenges to the order..."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-28/google-recalls-some-staff-to-u-s-after-trump-immigration-order

https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/27/tr...es-resistance/
Thank you for this.... quite well expresses some of my thoughts. What I expect from my president is someone smarter, compassionate and far more deliberative and judicious than I am capable of being. In my politically aware life I can say all have fit the bill in varying degrees. Nixon to lesser degree and Tump not at all. I am growing increasingly dismayed that we allowed the worst of us to put this guy in office. It's not just the inflated ego because lets face it one would have to have an outsized ego to feel that they are qualified for what is probably the toughest job in the world that disturbs me. It is the basic lack of knowledge about so many things and the sleaze that he is surrounding himself with.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:51 AM

2,775 posts, read 990,595 times
Quote:

Well if we want the same treatment, then we can't forget Obama spent most of his tenure blaming Bush for everything.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:05 AM

47,480 posts, read 45,184,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post

Most people my age either hate the right because they've been indoctrinated with liberal thought and ate it up, or they hate the left because they've been indoctrinated with liberal thought and called BS

What we learn here is that when you don't give people choices, it actually divides them even more,
This country is divided because it's always been that way

Old 01-28-2017, 11:35 AM

47,480 posts, read 45,184,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
^^^^ Read this post twice, it is exactly the truth. As much as I dislike Donald Trump, he is only the result of our divides and our hatred for one another. At our roots, we humans really do not care for each other much.

Just yesterday, I had a company come out to do some work for me. The worker who came was a black gentleman, a little younger than me, probably in his late 50's or so. Very nice, intelligent man. While he was working, we had a chance to talk, and eventually I had to ask him "So, what do you think about our new President ?"

At first, he was a little reluctant to say much, not knowing how I felt, but after I said "I think the man is an idiot !", he started to open up a little. He was not out and out against Trump, nor was he 100% in love with Obama, but he did say he has the same concerns I have about Trump's new policies and the hatred and racism that got him elected shocked him. He thought we are better than that.

He and I agreed that, no matter how far we think we have come in America, we really have not. There is still a divide between the races and also in gender equality. We both agreed that a lot of people simply hated Obama for his race, and a lot hated Hillary because she is female.

At the end of the discussion, I think he and I were both a little sad that, instead of us getting better in this country, we are getting worse in so many ways. But at least, for that short time, an older white guy and a middle aged black man were able to put aside any differences and just relate as one man to another. Wish it was that way all the time, everywhere.
The way you approached it made it easier for said person to open up. I've had issues opening up about this. Lately, politics has become even more taboo to discuss. This already shows how divided a society we live in.

I can understand how he felt. I literally thought we were better than that as well. I figured with all of President Trump's crazy rhetoric, some of it racially charged, he wouldn't get elected. It happened.

We can't really place full blame on the President. We the people have some responsibility in that. Just look at what we have here in CD. I've been on the forums since 2007. Division has been looming. The internet just reveals what has always been there.

I've understood that there are those who hated former President Obama because he is Black. I ran into one person who was like this. He had a racist bumper sticker on his truck. What shocked me was where I saw this, on a college campus. The sticker read "take the monkey out of the White House and send him back to Africa". Another was read "A village in Kenya is missing its idiot".

I do not think we are getting "worse" so much the level of civility has dropped. More people feel they can be more open about their hatred. Some people look at President Trump behaving in his histrionic ways and think "if he can do it, we can do it". The stupidity and division has always been there. Social media just allows it to spread faster. It is easier to be exposed to the very worst things. Really, it just reflects what has always been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies