U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 04:33 PM

33,898 posts, read 42,143,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
And I just ***LOVE*** how youve all transformed into huge fans of the IRS and big govt. Hypocrisy much?

And we'll see how powerful the IRS when they they are informed that their number 1 source of revenue is not remitting funds until further notice.
No one is a "fan" of the IRS, just realistic. That, and knowing how things actually work in real life.

And once again, the State of California does not remit federal income tax payments to the US Treasury except for State employees. The rest are remitted by businesses and individuals who probably won't be willing to open themselves to legal action.

You do realize that States can't pass legislation which violates federal laws or statutes, right?

Old 01-31-2017, 04:38 PM

32,377 posts, read 55,182,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Good point.

The taxes are paid directly to the Treasury by electronic fund transfers made using the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System, or EFTPS, so there's nothing California can do about it.

The best California might do is withhold federal taxes from State employees.
Right so you guys keep reassuring yourselves but the state is making it happen:

lol

Old 01-31-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
No one is a "fan" of the IRS, just realistic. That, and knowing how things actually work in real life.

And once again, the State of California does not remit federal income tax payments to the US Treasury except for State employees. The rest are remitted by businesses and individuals who probably won't be willing to open themselves to legal action.

You do realize that States can't pass legislation which violates federal laws or statutes, right?
Yes, Sacramento is picking a fight.

https://youtu.be/ZKD8E9X0vY4

Old 01-31-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, Sacramento is picking a fight.

https://youtu.be/ZKD8E9X0vY4
Which they'll lose.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:42 PM

2,859 posts, read 1,023,736 times
Quote:

The CA politicians maybe unhinged at the moment but I doubt they are suicidal. What 18Montclair dreams of just isn't going to happen. CA may think they are a nation unto themselves but they've not felt the full weight of the federal govt. Maybe they should teach American history in CA so that they'd know about the Civil War. It wasn't pretty. 18Montclair needs to retreat to his Mom's basement. He clearly doesn't understand how the world works.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:46 PM

It wouldn't even need to be the Civil War.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:48 PM

4,620 posts, read 1,221,609 times
They can do whatever they want as long as they keep sending my retirement check up north.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Which they'll lose.
Are you kidding? California is winning.

1. The president is no longer deporting 11 million people. Now it's the criminals. That's a WIN.

2. The president is no longer targeting DACA students-That's a WIN.

3. As far as separating families, the president said "We're going to take care of everyone, I have a big heart"-That's a WIN.

All that's left is to limit the 'criminals' to felons which we all support and kill the wall and we wont even need sanctuary cities.

So to say CA will lose is hilarious. The game's almost over and CA will win in a blow out.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
The CA politicians maybe unhinged at the moment but I doubt they are suicidal. What 18Montclair dreams of just isn't going to happen. CA may think they are a nation unto themselves but they've not felt the full weight of the federal govt. Maybe they should teach American history in CA so that they'd know about the Civil War. It wasn't pretty. 18Montclair needs to retreat to his Mom's basement. He clearly doesn't understand how the world works.
Yawns

Watch this and cry.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Are you kidding? California is winning.

1. The president is no longer deporting 11 million people. Now it's the criminals. That's a WIN.

2. The president is no longer targeting DACA students-That's a WIN.

3. As far as separating families, the president said "We're going to take care of everyone, I have a big heart"-That's a WIN.

All that's left is to limit the 'criminals' to felons which we all support and kill the wall and we wont even need sanctuary cities.

So to say CA will lose is hilarious. The game's almost over and CA will win in a blow out.
You just moved the goal posts to issues that have not yet been addressed.

The discussion, which you began, was concerning submission of federal income taxes being embargoed by the State.

As to the other issues you just injected, don't be too sure about DACA or enhanced deportation.

Now if you'll excuse me, my 5 year old neighbor wants to talk to me and I need the mental stimulation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or