Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 01:21 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Monday Trump needs to send US Marshals to Jerry Brown's office and arrest him.
Great idea, let's get Gump's impeachment started already.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:23 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I've never been less proud to be an American and more proud to be a Californian.
Hear Hear!

California must be the beacon that shows the world that the United States hasnt totally been overrun by fanatical nationalists.

California must assume the role of the grown up now that an impulsive man-child is holding the nation hostage to juvenile twitter posts and bipolar executive orders.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:02 PM

78,412 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Hear Hear!

California must be the beacon that shows the world that the United States hasnt totally been overrun by fanatical nationalists.

California must assume the role of the grown up now that an impulsive man-child is holding the nation hostage to juvenile twitter posts and bipolar executive orders.
Do you actually work for a living? I'm stongly sensing that isn't the case and that you're quite wealthy because your positions are solidly corporatist, never seen someone fight so hard to make sure we have cheap cheap labor to clean houses and mow lawns.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:17 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Hear Hear!

montclair: you just made my day, I almost busted a gut laughing here ^^^ cause Trump's scaring the hell out of you. Your nastier insults are a give away.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:58 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Thumbs up *

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair
This is EXACTLY how to respond to a bully like Donald Trump-we'll keep our HALF-TRILLION dollars here in-state and moocher red states can eat [MOD CUT/profanity]

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) – The state of California is studying ways to suspend financial transfers to Washington after the Trump administration threatened to withhold federal money from sanctuary cities, KPIX 5 has learned.

California Could Cut-Off Feds In Response To Trump Threats « CBS San Francisco
Good... MORE PEOPLE NEED TO STAND UP TO THIS FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-28-2017, 03:04 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
But who said the federal government had the power to cut off funding, for any reason?
There are several avenues by which a President can cut off funding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can't be charged with harboring someone here illegally when the courts have ruled many times over that the states can not make this determination.
Do you have any citations? Because I'm not seeing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I more or asked the same question. There has been no response from those to whom it was directed.
Why would there be a response?

The taxes to be transferred to the federal government are shown here:

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small...ployment-taxes

Generally, electronic fund transfers are made using the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System, or EFTPS, which is a free service provided by the Department of Treasury.

As you can see, there's nothing the State of California can do about that.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:33 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Great - Feds will seize bank accounts, investments and real estate to cover any shortfall. CA residents will be pissed once they find out their life savings vaporized. They'll have to find that out online though because there will be no US post office service...

Old 01-28-2017, 03:38 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
Quote:
This is EXACTLY how to respond to a bully like Donald Trump-we'll keep our HALF-TRILLION dollars here in-state and moocher red states can eat [MOD CUT/profanity]

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) – The state of California is studying ways to suspend financial transfers to Washington after the Trump administration threatened to withhold federal money from sanctuary cities, KPIX 5 has learned.

California Could Cut-Off Feds In Response To Trump Threats « CBS San Francisco
Let California keep their money and the FED keep all federal funds.Give those getting Social Security theirs. No other Federal money going to California. See how long California holds out.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:40 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Do you actually work for a living? I'm stongly sensing that isn't the case and that you're quite wealthy because your positions are solidly corporatist, never seen someone fight so hard to make sure we have cheap cheap labor to clean houses and mow lawns.
Naw, he's either an illegal alien or a supporter of them and it may be because he has ethnic ties to them. Could be one of those dumb bleeding heart liberals to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:40 PM

45,380 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
There are several avenues by which a President can cut off funding.

Do you have any citations? Because I'm not seeing it.

Why would there be a response?

The taxes to be transferred to the federal government are shown here:

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small...ployment-taxes

Generally, electronic fund transfers are made using the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System, or EFTPS, which is a free service provided by the Department of Treasury.

As you can see, there's nothing the State of California can do about that.
I never expected a response, just wanted to point out nocturnal emissions.

I also knew how funds are transferred.

Last edited by North Beach Person; 01-28-2017 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: Damned autocorrect
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies