U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2017, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
32,376 posts, read 55,207,132 times
Reputation: 15467

Advertisements

This is EXACTLY how to respond to a bully like Donald Trump-we'll keep our HALF-TRILLION dollars here in-state and moocher red states can eat [MOD CUT/profanity]

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) – The state of California is studying ways to suspend financial transfers to Washington after the Trump administration threatened to withhold federal money from sanctuary cities, KPIX 5 has learned.

California Could Cut-Off Feds In Response To Trump Threats CBS San Francisco

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-28-2017 at 07:18 AM..

 
Old 01-27-2017, 11:12 PM
 
13,098 posts, read 6,249,301 times
Reputation: 10860
Blah, blah, blah. Yawn!
 
Old 01-27-2017, 11:13 PM
 
26,760 posts, read 17,366,238 times
Reputation: 10543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
This is EXACTLY how to respond to a bully like Donald Trump-we'll keep our HALF-TRILLION dollars here in-state and moocher red states can eat [MOD CUT/profanity]

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) – The state of California is studying ways to suspend financial transfers to Washington after the Trump administration threatened to withhold federal money from sanctuary cities, KPIX 5 has learned.

California Could Cut-Off Feds In Response To Trump Threats CBS San Francisco

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-28-2017 at 07:18 AM..
 
Old 01-27-2017, 11:15 PM
 
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
2,718 posts, read 1,184,547 times
Reputation: 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
This is EXACTLY how to respond to a bully like Donald Trump-we'll keep our HALF-TRILLION dollars here in-state and moocher red states can eat sh*t

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) The state of California is studying ways to suspend financial transfers to Washington after the Trump administration threatened to withhold federal money from sanctuary cities, KPIX 5 has learned.

California Could Cut-Off Feds In Response To Trump Threats CBS San Francisco
Proud Native Californian here, glad to see my home state fighting back. The street goes 2 ways in this town, not just 1.
 
Old 01-27-2017, 11:15 PM
 
15,556 posts, read 13,555,088 times
Reputation: 21342
Lol, cities in California are harboring people who are illegally in the country, a direct violation of federal law, but yet the federal government is the bad guy?

Why are cities not assisting the federal government with enforcing federal law?

By the way, the federal government will win this battle, and it will be at the expense of the citizens of California.
 
Old 01-27-2017, 11:17 PM
 
26,304 posts, read 12,865,645 times
Reputation: 12551
Californias income is more then the bottom 26 states.....combined. Texas and New York are the only states that even come close.
 
Old 01-27-2017, 11:17 PM
 
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
2,718 posts, read 1,184,547 times
Reputation: 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Lol, cities in California are harboring people who are illegally in the country, a direct violation of federal law, but yet the federal government is the bad guy?

Why are cities not assisting the federal government with enforcing federal law?
But who said the federal government had the power to cut off funding, for any reason?
 
Old 01-27-2017, 11:19 PM
 
15,556 posts, read 13,555,088 times
Reputation: 21342
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
But who said the federal government had the power to cut off funding, for any reason?
The government does, for example, cutting off federal highway money for not having state speed limits or seat belt laws.

In this case, harboring people who are in violation of federal law.

I have no idea why people think illegals are so damn special.
 
Old 01-27-2017, 11:20 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
3,965 posts, read 1,714,660 times
Reputation: 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Lol, cities in California are harboring people who are illegally in the country, a direct violation of federal law, but yet the federal government is the bad guy?

Why are cities not assisting the federal government with enforcing federal law?

By the way, the federal government will win this battle, and it will be at the expense of the citizens of California.
It's racist to bully the undocumented. Aren't you embarrassed to be American? We steal from everyone. We take, take.

He will not Divide us. We need to protect the undocumented and stop racist Trump.

We can not put Americans first.
 
Old 01-27-2017, 11:22 PM
 
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
2,718 posts, read 1,184,547 times
Reputation: 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The government does, for example, cutting off federal highway money for not having state speed limits or seat belt laws.

In this case, harboring people who are in violation of federal law.

I have no idea why people think illegals are so damn special.
That's the wrong equation. The government can do whatever it wants with stuff that's tangible. Once you involve people, now it's a different story.
Plus, the government does not have all the powers. Per the Consitutition, I can argue under the 9th, 11th amendment, states have the power to protect their own people.

Want an equilvalent argument? Return back to 2009 when Obama took office with a Democratic controlled Senate and House.
Abortion has been legal for more than 40 years now, but for every single state that has made it illegal, or any attempt to make it harder for a woman to get an abortion, they get cut from federal funding. Fair? In this case, the federal government is just "enforcing" a law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:45 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top