U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 08:15 PM

33,937 posts, read 42,216,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
And no one says differently. We can argue about who and how many should be let in, but clearly the US has the power to do this.

But the fact is that permanent residents ARE BEING DENIED. Right now, this minute. People who left on business trips and vacations are now, with no warning, being told that they can't come home for 90 days. And you appear to be just dandy with this.
For Christ's sake reread my first response to you.

And as a matter of fact, reread other posts. Most of the posters are denying the US has the authority to deny entry period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 08:16 PM

18,338 posts, read 8,262,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It only took 19 to do 9-11.
And under this EO, those 19 could still come in, no problem.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:17 PM

6,016 posts, read 6,384,591 times
The incompetence is appalling. If you have a soul, whether you're a Republican evangelical Christian or a liberal atheist, you should be outraged.

Syrian Christian immigrants turned back at airport - CNN.com

Old 01-28-2017, 08:18 PM

6,822 posts, read 5,160,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Sad. These people came here legally, the right way. They have homes, jobs and families in the US. These people are taxpaying members of our country and many perform high-skilled labor and are productive members of society. Tech workers, engineers, doctors. He could have at least put these people on notice so they could make travel arrangements to return. There was no advance warning about permanent residents being barred entry, just visa applicants and refugees. There will most definitely be lawsuits.

I find it interesting that Saudi Arabia isn't on the list of banned countries, even though Saudi Arabia is the mother ship of radical Islamic extremism and exports it all over the world. And their citizens can still get a visa and come to the US. Didn't really make sense, but then I remembered, Trump does business in Saudi Arabia.

Unknown number of U.S. permanent residents stuck overseas as a result of Trump's immigration ban - LA Times
There is will be modifications I'm sure. The HB1 Visas have been hurting domestic workers. This is undeniable. It's not their fault. It's been the systems.

Thankfully this is another thing Trump has talked about improving. Why not have more domestically trained Doctors? This is another topic I can go round and round with pretty much destroying any type of argument from the other side.

Yet another thing that Trump is doing right!

Every cry from those that oppose it is like a sweet victory. I'm relishing every bit of it.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:18 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,254,733 times
Default Trump executive order..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Interesting is it not? You would think the first country on the list would be the source of the 9/11 hijackers.

You know a humanitarian thing that Trump might consider...a mid size A Bomb or two in the right place in SA. I believe I could make a cogent case that such an action is probably the best thing the US could do. Follow up with one in North Korea.

Too old missiles and the world improves a 1000%.

And Trump is the right guy to do it.
You have touched on a fact that is missing from the knowledge of many Americans I'm afraid; the fact that all 19 hijackers were from either Yemen or Saudi Arabia & that NONE WERE FROM IRAQ.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:19 PM

18,991 posts, read 7,380,409 times
Quote:
The incompetence is appalling. If you have a soul, whether you're a Republican evangelical Christian or a liberal atheist, you should be outraged.

IF their tickets were purchased ahead of the ban, they should be allowed in, post vetting. If purchased after, once the temp order is removed, keep them out.

Borders matter.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:20 PM

796 posts, read 490,050 times
Fantastic news. Visa holders and refugees of those countries currently inside the US are also safe from being deported.

A US judge has issued a stay temporarily halting the deportation of visa holders or refugees under an executive order from President Trump.

Trump executive order: US judge temporarily halts deportations - BBC News

Old 01-28-2017, 08:21 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,895,466 times
Quote:

Sadly they were let in!

Stopping the flow of refugees is going to be painful. However have the Obama Administration opening the flood gates is dangerous to American Safety at home.

I grow tire of seeing Liberals making excuses for those countries who mean us harm!

Old 01-28-2017, 08:21 PM

18,338 posts, read 8,262,732 times
Quote:

It's not incompetence. He says his EO is working very nicely.

TRUMP MEANT TO TURN BACK THOSE SYRIAN CHRISTIANS.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:24 PM

824 posts, read 568,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
There is will be modifications I'm sure. The HB1 Visas have been hurting domestic workers. This is undeniable. It's not their fault. It's been the systems.

Thankfully this is another thing Trump has talked about improving. Why not have more domestically trained Doctors? This is another topic I can go round and round with pretty much destroying any type of argument from the other side.

Yet another thing that Trump is doing right!

Every cry from those that oppose it is like a sweet victory. I'm relishing every bit of it.
The visa is H1B.

Last edited by troymclure; 01-28-2017 at 08:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or