U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 08:46 PM

15,647 posts, read 8,758,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
But the countries Trump didn't ban were responsible for 9/11. Trump didn't ban them since they're the only Middle East countries he has businesses in. We can't be having his kids getting denied re-entry back into the US after making their daddy more money over there now can we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 08:46 PM

3,263 posts, read 3,231,987 times
Default trump executive order

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Sadly they were let in!

Stopping the flow of refugees is going to be painful. However have the Obama Administration opening the flood gates is dangerous to American Safety at home.

I grow tire of seeing Liberals making excuses for those countries who mean us harm!
As for the widely repeated meme that "Obama opened the flood gates" well, there's this fact in the way of that:
Obama Has Deported More People Than Any Other President - ABC News

In particular there note that the Obama administration "...deported more than the sum of all presidents of the 20th century", i.e. 'sum of' means "combined".

Old 01-28-2017, 08:47 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,311,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Trump has no legal authority to block access of legal immigrants. His EO only meant for visas not green cards.
My understanding is that green card holders are actually, in legal terms, considered 'aliens'. They may be legally in the country but they are just temporarily allowed that privilege, even if they have the right to stay for years and travel in and out of the country as they please. I am not sure one could call them 'legal immigrants' which, to me, implies permanent settlers who just have not yet been granted full citizenship and the rights thereof ... but I am not a lawyer or judge. I expect there may be some interesting courtroom drama coming. I wonder if it can be fast tracked to the Supreme Court (right after the new judge is appointed/confirmed). And I am all out of popcorn.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:48 PM

15,723 posts, read 9,606,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
I don't know much about this area or the process, but shouldn't these people have been warned beforehand? I hope the LPRs and others legally in the U.S. have no further problems. And I trust our President to do the best thing for his people.
They should have had the idiot Cheeto not pushed this through without consulting any other agencies or giving time for it to be implemented. And because of his stupidity, it made a much stronger legal case for those suing him.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:50 PM

2,716 posts, read 1,172,164 times
FYI:
https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-free...ugees-detained

Emergency injunction in the court by ACLU.
Ban is ruled unconstitutional and immediately halted until offical court hearing date for all people who has legally requested and granted entry into the US under Due Process and Equal Protection Clause.

At least our courts don't work under "Alternative Facts".

Old 01-28-2017, 08:51 PM

18,664 posts, read 7,254,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
FYI:

Ban is ruled unconstitutional for all people who has legally requested and granted entry into the US under Due Process and Equal Protection Clause.

temporary stay is what was issued.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:52 PM

20,063 posts, read 12,038,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I am not sure exactly what is happening here but I think whatever it is, it is very calculated, completely intentional and going completely according to a very well thought out (and legal) plan.

The countries affected are ALL the countries that Obama identified as the worst terrorist countries - no more, no less. The list was taken from Obama himself.

Additionally, how can the US stop immigration completely for years and it be constitutional but not this action? Was a change made to the constitution since that happened years ago? Or some new constitutionally proven law made?

And it seems that Mr. Soros is behind the protests at the airports. Such a wonderful guy - helping to lift the economy of the USA one protester payment at a time.
Proof Soros is leading the protests... ?? And some Trumpette going to jail for threatening a flight attendant who happned to be Muslim and said would bomb them all. - good job to the scardicats in our country - ah les. hope he gets 100000 years

3,263 posts, read 3,231,987 times
Default trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So why don't you refresh everyone's memory then. Was there this much chaos and protests. By Trump's orders.... students in these countries who go to school here and went home for winter break can't back in. He is also barring legal US citizens from returning home. Trump got an idea in his head but didn't really didn't think it out thoroughly. With the stroke of a pen he caused this much chaos. Where were his handlers. We are the home of the free and the brave not the home of the paranoid. Have you ever seen so many protests in the first week of a presidency. This is unprecedented and only the beginning. This will be a long 4 years with many, many protests. And this really isn't about political parties. This is about Trump being a narcissist who lies and dismisses the facts or distorts them to make himself look great. Trump was a democrat for a long time, then a republican and then a conservative. But now it seems he has become a fascist and that is why there is so much resistance to him.

Yes, more evidently dangerously like a fascist as the days pass and a neurotic one at that.
I have a Midwestern friend who is staying at a resort abroad. Her hotel is full of many nationalities but many Austrians & Germans are there. They refer to trump without exception as the little Hitler or new Hitler. Given the history of those 2 nations in the last century, they have a more keen eye for recognizing fascism than most of the rest of us Westerners.

2,412 posts, read 1,311,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
FYI:

Ban is ruled unconstitutional and immediately halted until offical court hearing date for all people who has legally requested and granted entry into the US under Due Process and Equal Protection Clause.

At least our courts don't work under "Alternative Facts".
Ah but that level court is not the be all and end all either. This one is going to the elevator I am sure - for a fast trip up to the penthouse.

Soros can afford it. And now though since these people who are still here can't be sent back nor I gather be admitted, I hope they like sleeping on benches in the airport for who knows how long.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:56 PM

30,893 posts, read 13,446,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
And it seems that Mr. Soros is behind the protests at the airports. Such a wonderful guy - helping to lift the economy of the USA one protester payment at a time.
Why would you say that? The protests are organic, largely driven by social media. I don't think George Soros has the power that you are trying to attribute to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or