U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 10:51 AM

9,199 posts, read 7,063,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Including the FACT that re-entry into the US is neither automatic nor guaranteed for Green Card holders. So states the USCIS. If you have a problem with that, take it up with them.
Under certain conditions. Not just because. OK?

Trump has set up a condition that was completely foreseeable. There was no need to cause all this chaos.

Fair warning would have been a reasonable and prudent thing to do.

A lot of green card holders are married to US citizens and have US citizen children. This doesn't just effect foreign nationals.

There was a better way to handle this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 10:52 AM

66,544 posts, read 30,358,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Stop snipping my posts in your quotes.
You're not posting facts. You're posting "opinion."

If you want anyone to take you seriously, contradict the FACT I posted that USCIS can indeed determine IF a Green Card holder can re-enter the US or not from abroad, with actual facts.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:55 AM

9,199 posts, read 7,063,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You're not posting facts. You're posting "opinion."

If you want anyone to take you seriously, contradict the FACT I posted that USCIS can indeed determine IF a Green Card holder can re-enter the US or not from abroad, with actual facts.
I did not contradict that part of your post, I am well aware green cards come with reentry conditions.

The rest of your post was nonsense.

Stop snipping my posts.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:59 AM

11,037 posts, read 4,829,460 times
I guess you missed the press release:
Quote:
“It’s not a Muslim ban, but we were totally prepared,” Trump told reporters Saturday in the Oval Office.
More like totally unprepared. No plan in place...just militant orders. Does Hitler behavior ring a bell?

Does this sound like a well established process or plan?
Quote:
The situation described by lawyers and immigrant advocates across the country Saturday was one of widespread confusion and even chaos at airports where travelers from the targeted countries were suddenly detained.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Rights of Americans do not apply to non-Americans. Simple as that.
I guess you are not aware that Green Card holders i.e. Legal US Residents and US citizens are among those that were detained.

Quote:
The virtually unprecedented action applies not only to migrants, refugees and U.S. legal residents — green-card holders...but people who are dual nationals or people born in one of the seven countries who hold passports even from U.S. allies, such as the United Kingdom.
  • Just before 2 a.m. Sunday in Boston, two federal judges ruled for two University of Massachusetts Dartmouth associate professors — Iranian nationals who are permanent legal residents in the United States — who were held at Logan International Airport when they landed after travel for an academic conference.
  • Fatemeh Ebrahimi, an Iranian who lives in Montgomery County, [has a green card, and her children, ages 21 and 7, are U.S. citizens] was released at Dulles just before midnight, following a nearly six-hour wait with her two children after their plane landed. She said they traveled to Iran 10 days ago to celebrate birthdays with friends and family.
  • Najib Abi, said his aunt and her children arrived at Dulles at 8 a.m. Saturday from Kenya. They were supposed to transfer to another flight to live in Minnesota, where her husband was waiting for them. The family is Somali, but the children and their father are U.S. citizens, Abi said. Adan has an I-130 visa for relatives of U.S. citizens.

The above actions are not justified by any hate filled ignorant prejudiced mind. This is the most disgusting display of oppression I have ever seen in my lifetime in the US. The same type of oppression that was the start of the Nazi Regime. Look it up if you need evidence.

The issue that is clear right now is that the US is full of a population that is beyond ignorant. We have a very lowly educated population. Almost 70% of US citizens have no education past 12th grade...and US schools are a joke. If you doubt any of this then I suggest you learn how to research this information.

Americans are uncultured and ignorant about our own laws. No wonder we see posts such as yours...which are completely ignorant of the facts and our laws.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Under certain conditions.
Name them.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:01 AM

15,810 posts, read 8,828,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Saudi Arabia is the American defense industry's #1 foreign customer!

Coincidence they're not on the list?

I think not.

Looks like this administration will sell out Americans' safety in the interest of the bottom line.
Donald Trump still does business in Saudi Arabia, despite blaming the country for 9/11

In the disclosure, he is listed as president and owner of companies called THC Jeddah Hotel Advisor and DT Jeddah Technical Services Advisor. These are thought to be related to a possible hotel development.

Donald Trump still does business in Saudi Arabia, despite blaming the country for 9/11 | The Independent

Old 01-29-2017, 11:02 AM

9,893 posts, read 3,280,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I'd like to point that out to liberals. It appears that a couple liberal mayors and governors have incorrectly stated that a Muslim iimmigrant/refugee ban is unconstitutional. Now I see a bunch of my liberal friends on Facebook repeating the mantra.

Rights of Americans do not apply to non-Americans. Simple as that.

This is like the same argument where liberals believed that captured Al Qaeda terrorists from other countries should be entitled to a lawyer and trial.

Also it is amazing to me how liberals hate religion -- unless that religion is Islam, in which case they rush to defend it.
you and trump suffer from the same issue, you both speak from ignorance, and neither of you bothered to research or understand the law before acting. Hubris my friend hubris.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Fair warning would have been a reasonable and prudent thing to do.
What Green Card holder doesn't know that the potential is always there that the USCIS will prevent their re-entry to the US after travel abroad?

Again, this is a situation where the possible consequences of travel abroad are known, people have accepted the risks, and they're now whining that a possible outcome has occurred.

Really? No one to blame but themselves.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:07 AM

8,199 posts, read 6,134,542 times
OP, your first mistake was having liberal friends on Facebook. I deleted all of mine, except for one. I only kept him because he is a parasite working for the state department so I am enjoying watching his tantrums and fears about losing his job.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:09 AM

15,810 posts, read 8,828,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I find it amusing that the country that claims to be the strongest and most powerful country in the world is STILL using the old safety and security excuse to exclude Muslims and make our citizens undergo ridiculous security measures at airports.

If we really are so big and strong, why are we still acting like frightened little kids jumping at every shadow and hiding in the corner? It's pathetic. And Donald Trump is taking advantage of our fears by promising to protect us from unknown enemies via racism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or