Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 11:12 PM

1,188 posts, read 955,099 times

Advertisements

I'd like to point that out to liberals. It appears that a couple liberal mayors and governors have incorrectly stated that a Muslim iimmigrant/refugee ban is unconstitutional. Now I see a bunch of my liberal friends on Facebook repeating the mantra.

Rights of Americans do not apply to non-Americans. Simple as that.

This is like the same argument where liberals believed that captured Al Qaeda terrorists from other countries should be entitled to a lawyer and trial.

Also it is amazing to me how liberals hate religion -- unless that religion is Islam, in which case they rush to defend it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 11:16 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,327,449 times
You're wrong... it is unconstitutional to punish an undocumented person for committing a crime. And it's racist. Love Trump's hate okay. We owe it to these people because Americans have stolen from everyone.

Enough with Trump. Resist! He will not Divide us.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:34 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,140,546 times
Default Trump executive order blocking lawful permanent residents and work visa holders from returning home

Sad. These people came here legally, the right way. They have homes, jobs and families in the US. These people are taxpaying members of our country and many perform high-skilled labor and are productive members of society. Tech workers, engineers, doctors. He could have at least put these people on notice so they could make travel arrangements to return. There was no advance warning about permanent residents being barred entry, just visa applicants and refugees. There will most definitely be lawsuits.

I find it interesting that Saudi Arabia isn't on the list of banned countries, even though Saudi Arabia is the mother ship of radical Islamic extremism and exports it all over the world. And their citizens can still get a visa and come to the US. Didn't really make sense, but then I remembered, Trump does business in Saudi Arabia.

Unknown number of U.S. permanent residents stuck overseas as a result of Trump's immigration ban - LA Times

Old 01-28-2017, 03:35 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,204,444 times
They can get an exception.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:37 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,372,352 times
This is what happens when you elect someone who makes Sarah Palin look like a Rhodes Scholar.

Gump is an embarrassment.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:42 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,140,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
They can get an exception.
Yeah but how long is that going to take? They don't even have a waiver in place or plans to address that, as far as I can tell. No form to file, no timeline for how long it will take to process. This should have all been worked out BEFORE the order was signed. What a mess.

If you are a lawful permanent resident you have a RIGHT to work and live in the US and travel outside of the US. The executive branch enforces immigration law. They don't have the right to change it.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:43 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,488,759 times
Where does it say it affects green card holders?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.indep...?client=safari

Old 01-28-2017, 03:44 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,204,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Yeah but how long is that going to take? They don't even have a waiver in place or plans to address that, as far as I can tell. No form to file, no timeline for how long it will take to process. This should have all been worked out BEFORE the order was signed. What a mess.

If you are a lawful permanent resident you have a RIGHT to work and live in the US and travel outside of the US. The executive branch enforces immigration law. They don't have the right to change it.
I agree that implementation could have been better.

1,187 posts, read 1,017,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Sad. These people came here legally, the right way. They have homes, jobs and families in the US. These people are taxpaying members of our country and many perform high-skilled labor and are productive members of society. Tech workers, engineers, doctors. He could have at least put these people on notice so they could make travel arrangements to return. There was no advance warning about permanent residents being barred entry, just visa applicants and refugees. There will most definitely be lawsuits.

I find it interesting that Saudi Arabia isn't on the list of banned countries, even though Saudi Arabia is the mother ship of radical Islamic extremism and exports it all over the world. And their citizens can still get a visa and come to the US. Didn't really make sense, but then I remembered, Trump does business in Saudi Arabia.

Unknown number of U.S. permanent residents stuck overseas as a result of Trump's immigration ban - LA Times
Saudi Arabia is a darling of US administrations, Congress and UK. Bush and Obama sold them record number of ammunition. They are with them bombing Yemen and others. Senate tried a bill stopping selling ammunition to them which failed miserably. They buy so much crap from US and UK. I don't think so it is going to change any time soon. It is very deep rooted issue. Forget about politicians, it is difficult even for some one like Trump to take different path. Obama took different path with Iran and Israel. But he still fallowed same course with Saudi Arabia.

51,584 posts, read 25,582,790 times
Wonder why Indonesia isn't on the banned list?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies