Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 08:07 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
OK, 50 get in but 130,000 don't. Not a bad deal.
It only took 19 to do 9-11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 08:08 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
The EO is still in place. Wow.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:09 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Citizens and permanent residents?

Last time I looked either can walk up naked and eventually get in. You don't know that?

And I agree the naked one end up in the local psych ward...but in the US.
He said anyone.

I called him on that stupid remark.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:10 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times
Thank God for the ACLU. Thousands of lawyers volunteered within hours to help. The first fight of many, I'm sure.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:11 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I didn't misunderstand at all, and I disagree with that part. The fact is that, other than that, the US can ban, or not ban, anyone it chooses from entering.
And no one says differently. We can argue about who and how many should be let in, but clearly the US has the power to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The main complaints are not about the permanent resident part but the denying of entry overall.
But the fact is that permanent residents ARE BEING DENIED. Right now, this minute. People who left on business trips and vacations are now, with no warning, being told that they can't come home for 90 days. And you appear to be just dandy with this.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:11 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
which is reasonable
But trump planned it so well! He said it's working beautifully - look at what's happening at the airports.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:12 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And yet, no ban on those entering from the birthplace of those 19 murderers.

Must have slipped Trump's mind, I guess.
Interesting is it not? You would think the first country on the list would be the source of the 9/11 hijackers.

You know a humanitarian thing that Trump might consider...a mid size A Bomb or two in the right place in SA. I believe I could make a cogent case that such an action is probably the best thing the US could do. Follow up with one in North Korea.

Too old missiles and the world improves a 1000%.

And Trump is the right guy to do it.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:15 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Agreed. Someone finally does something that will actually help keep terrorists out and some unelected judge who wants her name in the paper blocks it. I just hope the next Boston bomber is not among the people she just let in.
The Boston Bombers would have been let in under this EO, no problem. They're from Chechnya.

This EO is, however, stranding Syrian christians who are legal US residents.

Why this state of affairs makes sense to you, I have no idea.

Last edited by jacqueg; 01-28-2017 at 08:29 PM..

3,874 posts, read 4,696,375 times
Default A Federal Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Remove the "judge". If the Supreme Court weighs in that's one thing but this judge has no place to stop an entire national presidential order.
Learn the basics of American government methodology via a Civics class please.
There is no such thing as a "national Presidential order." There are however, Presidential Executive Orders.

Note at the explanatory section about Presidential Executive Orders in the link below it is noted that such orders are considered binding but they are "subject to legal review".
I'm sure that you were glad on the occasions when judges blocked some of President Obama's Executive Orders so now turnabout w/ trump's orders is similarly legal under the constitution. Get used to it & deal with it. It's part of our constitutionally mandated system of checks and balances as found in basic civics classes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.296cfda4aba9

45,363 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
And no one says differently. We can argue about who and how many should be let in, but clearly the US has the power to do this.

But the fact is that permanent residents ARE BEING DENIED. Right now, this minute. People who left on business trips and vacations are now, with no warning, being told that they can't come home for 90 days. And you appear to be just dandy with this.
For Christ's sake reread my first response to you.

And as a matter of fact, reread other posts. Most of the posters are denying the US has the authority to deny entry period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies