U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2017, 09:16 PM

2,522 posts, read 979,666 times

Advertisements

In this order:

Term completed. The rest of the GOP will put party in front of country to save him.

Resigns before 4 years. Because of the health problem that kept him from going to Vietnam.

Installed as a dictator.

Wins in 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 09:20 PM

5,143 posts, read 3,254,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
I'm guessing he will quit when the impeachment process begins.

His ego couldn't handle being fired!
Neither, he'll probably get re-elected in 2020.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:25 PM

4,697 posts, read 4,323,951 times
BANG!

There ya go, son. A cowgirl is always glad to help rid the place of varmits. No need to thank me. We're having our big prairie dog shoot out here next week, and I needed the bit of extra practice. Ya'll need to stop listening to Fox and develope some spine in case a cowgirl ain't around the next time something nasty needs to get exterminated.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:33 PM

49,870 posts, read 26,451,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Nixon resigned, he was not impeached.
Clintons popularity soared after impeachment.
Trump ain't Bill Clinton. That won't happen in his case.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:33 PM

5,062 posts, read 2,034,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Aliens will come from outer space and take Trump back to their planet!
😄 And take "his people" along, besides.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:40 PM

12,263 posts, read 9,401,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Why is this guy yammering on about the Democrats?

If he is impeached, it'll be because of the Republicans. End of story. There is literally no other path that gets our nation there.
It'll be because of Republicans and Democrats.

From PJ Media - ""A ranking Republican statesman this week told an off-the-record gathering that a “coup” attempt was in progress against President Donald Trump, with collusion between the largely Democratic media and Trump’s numerous enemies in the Republican Party. The object of the coup, the Republican leader added, was not impeachment, but the recruitment of a critical mass of Republican senators and congressmen to the claim that Trump was “unfit” for office and to force his resignation"

https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2017/05...tional-crisis/

We're living in ugly times. If Republicans cut Trump's throat it'll mean the end of the GOP.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:44 PM

5,062 posts, read 2,034,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think if Ivanka moves back to NYC, Trump will follow. He cannot live without her. Melania and Barron he can do without. But Ivanka is forever (she went to Jared's).

The Special Counsel (or Councel, as Trump calls it) could take a year. I am trying to picture Trump dealing with this hanging over head for a year--while he glowers and his anger festers beneath the cloud. I could see him blowing his top and quitting.

This guy really cannot take any pressure or heat without flipping out, or 'expressing himself' through lunatic Saturday morning tweets. This has to end--the country cannot take Trump's drama queen BS during the entire investigation.
Yes, she is special...and (he said) "if she was not his daughter..."

Old 05-18-2017, 09:47 PM

8,755 posts, read 4,011,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trump ain't Bill Clinton. That won't happen in his case.
True. Most people thought Clinton was doing a fine job as President. He lied about a sex scandal, which angered the religious right and Republicans, but that has little to do with his job performance. With Trump, it's a completely different situation.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:47 PM

6,383 posts, read 3,577,740 times
If up to him he would stay until impeached and removed. It may not be up to him. The GOP would rather have him resign or removed under the 25th amendment than go through a lengthy impeachment. I suspect the family will have a role in his "early retirement."

Old 05-18-2017, 09:50 PM

8,755 posts, read 4,011,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Neither, he'll probably get re-elected in 2020.
I think chances he will be installed as dictator are higher than him winning the 2020 election.

2020 will be virtually the opposite of 2016 in terms of voter turnout and enthusiasm. Liberals and left-leaning moderates will be turning out in force to get rid of Trump. Some right-leaning moderates also might hold their nose and vote Democrat just this once to get rid of Trump. Republicans will be in a situation where they have to reluctantly vote for him and that results in a lot of them staying home. Sorry, but Trump won't be re-elected in 2020. There's no way it can happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or