U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 11:48 AM

18,286 posts, read 10,386,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They won't be doing it in North America.

Opps. I do believe that idiot running Canada, the one who praised Castro, still wants them.
Only one country attributes and accedes it's complete "running" into only one "idiot's" hands while supposedly scorning royalty. That country would of course be, in the eyes of the rest of the planet, the stupid one.....care to guess?

I guess the contradiction of Bush kissing a Saudi Royal Family member on the lips when they were the ones who funded and supplied the 9/11 perps killing over 2900 of you doesn't bother you simpletons at all . Trump has exempted them from the ban as well so....

Canada can absorb a lot of negatives from refugees and still not experience anything like the "idiocy" of Americans killing Americans at a greater rate than any refugee crisis in any other country.

"Idiot" being a relative term.........stupid is as stupid does. Crawl back under your rock now.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:49 AM

15,736 posts, read 9,259,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's un-Constitutional and goes against the foundation of our country, especially since in the past 10 years, not a single Syrian refugee has been charged with terrorism. Meanwhile, those who have committed terrorist acts came from countries that are not banned by Trump, because he has businesses ventures in them.

It's ok, the federal government is already being sued for false detainment at airports, so Trump is about to get smacked down by the courts.
Oh please, show me where exactly in our Constitution it says we must take in foreigners if they wish to come here?

Old 01-28-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzmark View Post
Ignorant post.
Only in the eyes of an ignorant observer.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:52 AM

12,026 posts, read 5,142,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Oh please, show me where exactly in our Constitution it says we must take in foreigners if they wish to come here?
I always wonder why people make the argument things are "unconstitutional" when they truly have no idea what they are talking about. I suppose it sounds good.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:52 AM

14,698 posts, read 8,501,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
And America will continue to lead the way as the most diverse and free nation. Do you think china takes any in?
Not with the way Trump is doing things. America is not China and Trump is not Obama or Hilary Clinton, so those rationalizations are ineffective.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:53 AM

1,993 posts, read 1,143,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Only one country attributes and accedes it's complete "running" into only one "idiot's" hands while supposedly scorning royalty. That country would of course be, in the eyes of the rest of the planet, the stupid one.....care to guess?

I guess the contradiction of Bush kissing a Saudi Royal Family member on the lips when they were the ones who funded and supplied the 9/11 perps killing over 2900 of you doesn't bother you simpletons at all . Trump has exempted them from the ban as well so....

Canada can absorb a lot of negatives from refugees and still not experience anything like the "idiocy" of Americans killing Americans at a greater rate than any refugee crisis in any other country.

"Idiot" being a relative term.........stupid is as stupid does. Crawl back under your rock now.
The US has been in cahoots with the Saudis since forever, and I'm sure he didn't ban people from countries where he has a large amount of business deals.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
The US has been in cahoots with the Saudis since forever, and I'm sure he didn't ban people from countries where he has a large amount of business deals.
A rational perspective that will also be unpopular among the Trump sycophants.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:58 AM

12,026 posts, read 5,142,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Canada has a very small population relative to it's size. I wouldn't mind at all seeing them take in several hundred thousand refugees and prove to everyone how smart and kind hearted the are. I can't figure out though why they refused to take in disgruntled Democrats from the U.S. like Cher, Madonna, and the rest that promised to move there.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:11 PM

36,974 posts, read 16,404,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
SB and Orlando massacres were planned and executed by natural born US citizens. The SB terrorist and his pal were knee deep in terrorism plots well before he imported his bride.

Boston bombers never set foot in Syria or the Middle East.

All the 9/11 hijackers entered the US legally, not as refugees.

Not possible to properly vet anyone, from anywhere.

More than 70 million entered the US legally last year for purposes of tourism, business and education. Some of them own property in the US, including Trump Tower. Developers of luxury class residential projects routinely market to wealthy foreigners.

Once in all are free to travel throughout the US. 99% depart before the expiration of their visas. The majority of over stayers are Canadians who depart within a year.

The 30+ year old bilateral Visa Waiver Program allows citizens of 38 countries to enter the US without a Visas. It was subsequently amended to exclude dual citizens of Iraq, Iran, Syria or Sudan.

The wife of the San Bernardino terrorist was not a natural born citizen. She came here on a finance visa and she was born in Pakistan. She radicalized her husband and his family were
also from that part of the world.

Doesn't matter that the Boston Bombers weren't from Syria they were also radicalized by the terrorist factor of a religious idealogy.

Doesn't matter that the 9/11 hijackers entered legally. They shouldn't have been allowed to do that with proper vetting.

Peaceful foreigners that come legally are not the problem so I don't even know why you are bringing that up.

40% of illegals are visa over stayers and that needs to be addressed also no matter who they are.

If we can't vet foreigners properly then we need to stop allowing them to come here. It's a matter of national security.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:49 PM

7,954 posts, read 7,922,256 times
I don't think it's only about terrorism. It's also about values and culture. We should exclude potential immigrants who do not speak English, who do not have personal resources, and who do not believe in our values (freedom, individualism, Capitalism, and separation of religion and government). Some terrorists will be stopped, but the main goal is to exclude people who will not conduct a rational and independent American life. And on their own steam without social programs. We see the nonsense that has happened in France and Germany. We really don't want that here. Is it discrimination? Yes, absolutely, and that is actually a good thing. We need to rediscover discrimination. It's not evil to rationally choose to keep people out who do not share our values. Every country does it, and it is correct to only allow immigration to people who understand our system, agree with it, support it, and can demonstrate it. Through speaking English, coming here with some money in their pocket to self-start, and making a commitment to support and fight for freedom, individualism, and Capitalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies