Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 06:11 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,638 times

Advertisements

Fox News Is Most-Watched Cable Network of 2016

Hasn't happened since 1996, when the network was first launched.

Why is this?

I'm sure some will say "They are more honest than CNN/MSNBC. People got tired of the blatant Trump hit pieces."

Others will say "People who watch it are uneducated, stupid, etc....because those types sit on their couch and watch TV all day."

While others will say "Who cares, no one watches cable anymore."

So let's see what other opinions you guys have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 06:18 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,638 times
Alright, so the first response has an obvious left-wing bias, without any discussion from the poster. Let's see what others we get here.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:23 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
As Trump would say, it's all fake news.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:25 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
I only have CNN in my TV subscription and will cancel it... never watched it... going to a different subscription and will actually watch Fox News...

Old 01-27-2017, 06:33 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
All right, here's my two cents. I like starting off with FOX in the morning. They generally have a life-affirming can-do thing going on that's very pleasant. Yeah they can get snarky, but they don't talk down to the viewer. CNN and MSNBC on the other hand have a you-need-to-be-one-of-us-to-understand-what's-going on approach that can be surprisingly offensive. There is nothing positive or up-lifting about either network. Even my uber-liberal wife refuses to watch.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:35 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
I literally cancelled CNN and traded it for fox. We have dish and the one package we had only had CNN , but for 5 more we lost CNN and gained FOX..... I said do it....

CNN is complete self identity race liberal trash nonsense. Never Again!

Old 01-27-2017, 06:41 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Fox is more balanced for sure. Tune in 3 pm eastern time and watch Shepard Smith and you won't know you're not on CNN.

Its easy to see why they are number one. The liberals on there are decent people who have been disadvantaged by a nerve synaptic disorder that doesn't allow them to use any commonsense on political thought. They do get feisty and the time to express their thoughts.

They are easy on the eyes and even the liberals ( who in a recent study have been determined to be more unattractive ) are above average in appearance. Those pundits who limit political bias are spot on many times with their analyst.

Tucker Carlson is a new show with hot ratings. He doesn't attack his guest but gets them talking and they soon expose themselves as complete loons. Where he finds these left wing loons willing to embarrass themselves is a mystery but they come from the full spectrum of people and occupations.

Last edited by phma; 01-27-2017 at 07:01 PM..

Old 01-27-2017, 06:41 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
All right, here's my two cents. I like starting off with FOX in the morning. They generally have a life-affirming can-do thing going on that's very pleasant. Yeah they can get snarky, but they don't talk down to the viewer. CNN and MSNBC on the other hand have a you-need-to-be-one-of-us-to-understand-what's-going on approach that can be surprisingly offensive. There is nothing positive or up-lifting about either network. Even my uber-liberal wife refuses to watch.
i too, like Fox in the morning and, as well as, OUtnumbered. I like the black lady that hosts/cohosts (?) the show. What a classy lady and I like her message. I've always enjoyed when they have a male guest on and it is very informative, to me, when they start tossing news stories around.

I try and watch MSNBC or CNN for balance but it really is too painful. JMO. I often watch the call in on C-Span.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:22 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,654,259 times
I don't listen to either . I watch pbs.newshour.com

No bull****, no commentary- just news
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies