U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 01:51 PM

13,501 posts, read 8,497,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
It can be done, but it's stupidity to the max.

You think a 10 foot wall will keep people from coming here if they really want to?
You know people can dig tunnels...
Use ropes to climb...
Drive a semi straight through....

Do you idiots really think a wall will keep people out? It makes us look like fools that's all it does.
Maybe first we should get that free college set up, then send all the idiots there first.
You know what's idiotic?
People who think building a wall is ALL that is going to be done.

The Wall will be part of a new system. All parts work together.
*Everify, so that jobs dry up.
*People apprehended are confined until deportation or acceptance.
*No more visas for countries which refuse to take their people back.

It'll work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 01:51 PM

9,832 posts, read 7,655,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Stupid and expensive? Illegals cost us $113 billion a year vs a $25 billion wall and the expense of maintaining it. Do the math!

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works
That $113 billion figure is complete right-wing fiction - - the US didn't even spend that much on healthcare in 2015. Source?

Fun fact: Undocumented immigrants nationwide pay on average an estimated 8 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes (this is their effective state and local tax rate). The top 1 percent of taxpayers, whose butts right-wingers can't stop kissing? They pay an effective tax rate of just 5.4 percent.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:52 PM

22,615 posts, read 16,743,701 times
Everyone bemoaning a wall and secure borders, are you also environmentalists that believe in "man-made climate change"?

Old 01-28-2017, 01:56 PM

6,183 posts, read 3,500,941 times
No, I don't want to pay for the wall.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:56 PM

18,729 posts, read 7,273,050 times
yes

Old 01-28-2017, 01:57 PM

36,461 posts, read 16,259,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
One crucial detail: I'm not Native American. I recognize that my ancestors weren't from here. Sure I was born here and I'll stay here but that doesn't mean I entertain hypocrisy. I am a foreigner like it or not so I don't get a say in what migrants do. Am I the only Caucasian that gets that I don't own this country just because I was born here?

We weren't there so I guess we'll never know for sure but I have heard a lot of stories that they don't teach you in school about Christopher Columbus. They say that he enslaved the Native Americans and basically as the story goes on, they imply that this country was founded by theft. Sure again we weren't there so this may be completely false but what if it's true? Based on what I have seen of today, other Americans take from the original Americans so it wouldn't be farfetched to conclude that their ancestors did the same.

Is conquering okay in this scenario? It'd be like saying okay I can conquer your house because even though it was yours first I get to keep it since I defeated you. No you have to buy it.

You're not real bright if you were born here but consider yourself a foreigner. Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants". What part of that aren't you getting?

Once again, the past has nothing to do with our right as a nation to have immigration laws. We have internationally recognized borders and an established government. Get your head out of the past and stop using it as an excuse for anyone to violate our immigration laws. What are you, 12 years old?

There were no original native Americans by the way. All of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere else and no one owned the land back then nor were there any immigration laws back then. By the way, the descendants of the tribes that settled within our borders are all full fledged U.S. citizens just like the rest of us. If you want to b*tch about conquering why don't you go spit on a dead conqueror's grave if it makes you feel any better. It has nothing to do with those of us alive today. And by the way....grow up!

Old 01-28-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
No, I don't want to pay for the wall.

Ok, I have a deal for you. I'll pay your share of the $25 billion wall if you'll pay my share of the $113 billion that illegals cost us. Deal?

Old 01-28-2017, 02:00 PM

9,832 posts, read 7,655,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ok, I have a deal for you. I'll pay your share of the $25 billion wall if you'll pay my share of the $113 billion that illegals cost us. Deal?
This is a fake number no matter how many times you post it.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Motion sensors attached to machine guns.

A ditch filled with toxic waste.

A non-lethal electrical zap on top of it would be a nice touch also.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:02 PM

37,931 posts, read 14,793,071 times
No I don't want to pay for the wall.

If you want to stop undocumented immigrants from taking jobs away from Americans, then beef up E-Verify and attach some stiff penalties so the whole process is revenue neutral.

We've got a $20 trillion nation debt, a deficit budget, and China cozying up to Mexico.

A wall is the least of our worries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or