U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 03:39 PM

17,751 posts, read 15,613,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
...And the white American forefathers and ancestors enslaved, dehumanized, tortured, and denied rights and privileges to the entire Black race of people between 1619 and 1865...Almost 300 years! Should those perpetrators have been allowed into this country?
Oh its the old our ancestors had slaves( oops not my ancestors) argument ...that is based upon racial characteristics that are the very same that justified slavery. Hey lets just enslave blacks... Hey lets just blame all whites....

And because of this, lets bring in people, not with just a worse history by a wide margin, but what is actually current...while bringing down American black with us.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 03:45 PM

17,751 posts, read 15,613,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Have you ever been to the middle east? Do you even know what countries are in the middle east? I think someone people might want to check their facts and take a look in the mirror. Women's rights and anti gay attitudes are that not really a thing of the past in the USA. You guys do remember civil rights issues were being fought for in your country while the rest of he world already made slavery illegal. People in the USA are still arguing about allowing same sex marriages. I think American need to take a look at their own issues and history before they are so quick to judge other places. You were just a sexist, racist and homophobic as most of this places not too long ago ... so I not sure why you think you can make social changes, but these places can't. Most people outside of the USA know more about American then American's appear to know about other places. People so phobic of other cultures and people might want to actually open their brains any try to understand their is a huge diverse world outside you little bubble.
Its not part of fundamentals of the religion to execute them. That's why social change was easier. The Bible more or less says its bad, and you can toss them out of the congregation.....but take right back in when they repent. Hating the act and loving the homosexual is a consistent interpretation.

Its no the same. Nothing ever is. However I agree with you that we have our own issues. So I certainly don't want to import anything that sets us back a century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or