Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 06:34 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times

Advertisements

the bad part that they dont understand, he did not say they could not come, he just said, we want too know who you are first. same rules as mexico
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 07:58 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Why do the so called liberals want people from the Middle East to be allowed in this country? People that believe gays should be killed. People that don't believe women should have rights. People from a completely different culture with no intention of changing. You would think the far right would want this crowd, not the liberals.

I know all Middle Eastern people don't think that way but many do.

Personally I don't care who comes here as long as they are properly vetted and are willing to assimilate.
You forgot to mention the word Islam. That's why women are treated like chattel and gays are murdered. It isn't a "Middle Eastern thing". Look at Somalia, Pakistan and Indonesia. Not Middle Eastern, and they aren't so friendly towards gays. The former countries even execute them. Why is that? Islam.

Most of the Christian Middle Eastern people are fairly liberal. Now sure, they may not praise homosexuals, but they don't go around killing them. I commend Trump for prioritizing them.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:45 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
You shouldn't group all Muslims in one category. There are already millions of Muslims living in the US and they work as doctors, lawyers, and other professionals.

When people in other countries watch American TV shows, they assume everyone drives BMWs and lives in a house in the Hollywood Hills. Is that a fair generalization of the majority of Americans?
And many of these still hold their traditional views. Many of them still arrange marriages for their children between first cousins. Many force their daughters to hear the hijab. Most will disown a gay or transgender child

They're also the ones who might be offended by Christmas trees in public places and demand that schools give Muslim holidays off and have a problem with people saying Merry Christmas.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
This is why the Electoral College is so important. None of those refugees and their children will be able to affect the next election or 2 assuming there is no migrant of these people to less populated states.

Even if CA, NY absorbs 2-10mil more people their Electoral Votes don't change which is why many Red states have Voter ID checks to ensure that illegals cannot go there and effect votes in smaller states.

Is it fair? Not fair but brilliant on the part of the founding fathers who might have thought out this or other parallels.
That's why Obama's State Department made a concert effort to direct Muslim refugees, as well as illegal Mexicans and Central Americans, to rural areas and Red states. When I lived in Maryland, the feds wanted to send hundreds of the illegal Central American minors to a conservative rural community in an attempt to further help Martin O'Malley when he was governor. Locals got wind of it and blocked the highway, and the buses carrying the illegals was forced to turn back. I believe something similar happened in San Diego County, probably the most conservative county in California.

There are reports that they want to send Muslim refugees here to West Virginia and also to states like Kentucky and Tennessee which are conservative and Christian and which don't want them there, but like some of you have mentioned its a political calculation. I am a minority and the son of LEGAL immigrants and I'll tell you upfront I do NOT want refugees or illegal aliens in my community, they are NOT welcome here except for the Christian refugees.

I know a guy who is a Christian born in Iraq, and he definitely doesn't want Arab Muslim moving in, because those were the people who forced his family to leave Iraq.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:51 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Leftists support anything that weakens the country. Simple as that.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:52 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Hummus. It's hard to get really good hummus in the USA unless it's made by someone from the Middle East.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:54 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
+1

Most Trump supporters in rural areas have never even seen a Muslim, let alone met one. What fearmongoring Fox News doesn't tell these people is that American Muslims are highly educated and are very successful. In an ironic twist, Muslim Americans are better educated than American Christians.
If they are so great then maybe you should convert to Islam.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:00 PM

3,838 posts, read 1,787,299 times
I don't think they all should be welcome for safety reasons, but the educated immigrants from these countries should be allowed.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hummus. It's hard to get really good hummus in the USA unless it's made by someone from the Middle East.
I think the hummus at Walmart is okay, and that's made by Israelis.

We can always import Middle Eastern hummus from Israel, though I think there's a difference between Jewish hummus and Arab hummus.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:08 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Yes, but, let's think about this for a minute.

The vast majority of the Muslims who have made it to the US are professionals and already more liberal than the vast majority of Muslims who have not made it to our shores. Unlike Europe, the US is separated from the Muslim world by two large oceans.

Look at the Muslims who have gone to Europe. They have not assimilated (and I know that Europe perhaps is partly to blame for this) and many have no desire or intent to assimilate.

The vast majority of Muslims living in the Muslim world (and in Europe) have a backward medieval mindset and offer NOTHING to the betterment of the US.

Moreover, as if it were not idiotic enough wanting to import these backward people to the US, there are some in the Muslim population who are jihadists and who want to harm the US.

It is gobsmackingly mind-boggling that anyone would want to import these Muslims.

Sorry, libs. Not wanting to admit these people does not make me a racist. I don't want to live in the Muslim world and I doubt than any of you libs would want to, either. So, why should any of us want to bring the Muslim world to the US?

Why? Muslims are peaceful. It's the radicals who aren't. Our country has always accepted everyone regardless of race and religion because this is who we are. If we start denying people entry, then we will have lost our power ranking in the world. We will look like little pansies who are weak and scared. That is not what I want our country to become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies